• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero Interface Icons for Units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Simply...

Is there any way to make a non-hero unit have that nice lil interface icon on the upper left screen like the Heroes do? ;)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Not without drawbacks. The_Silent's method works but there will probably be a moment's delay where the dummy will be selected instead of the one you want. Even more so in multiplayer with delay.

dgui would allow this but there are no up to date version as far as I know.
@Bribe made a ScreenButton library a few years back, that is the closest you will get to a good solution.

Level 5
TY guys, that is probably a better answer than what i was expecting!

@Abishkar: TY! Please do! As for the title, not sure if i am able to change the title at this point... but if i can, i don't know how! ;)

@The_Silent: that sounds really interesting. Can you direct me to a triggered example of this that i could work from? I really have done very little in terms of select/click triggers, so if i do this from scratch it's going to be a long learning process! ;)

@Chaosy: i would be willing to hazard that. This map is not anything i am liable to release -just tinkering for my own amusement. I took Emerald Gardens, added a couple of custom heroes to the taverns, and made the neutral buildings capturable by building town halls near them. The Sunken Ruins Mercenaries are kinda OP, especially in groups! I think i have chanced by Bribe's screenbutton library you mentioned before. Sweet stuff! I really love what the artists here do! It is easy to forget how essential good screenbuttons are until you are finally ready to release that hero you've spent weeks working on, but realize you only have the same old stock-crap to represent its coolness onscreen! ;) Actually i spend quite a lot of time DL resources here -even many i think i will never use, because it just amazes me how much goodness comes together at this site, with the authors offering their labor of love free to the public, and i wan't to keep some record of that!

Maybe hero-style interface icons for all objects is a feature we could request as part of the future of the HiveWE. It would be great if the unit editor they build for it has a full range of options in a uniform lay-out. Imagine having the power to mix and match between any unit & hero features right there at the sheet your working from with full interface options available for all units. O the sweetness! And i doubt any of that made any sense, but i don't know the technical language of it! ;)

EDIT: @Abishkar... i found the wee Thred Tools button on the North East, & fixed the title! TY for prompting me to look a little closer! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.