• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tooltips and quest issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello there.
I played the map for a few hours and found out some things:

1. I played the hero Cleric (the one with the priest-model. i am just not quite sure whether he was called Cleric :p) and picked as the first ability the second one that heals. I really can't remember its name, just that it heals/damages a freind/foe, costs ~20mana. Holy Fire or something. The tooltip of that ability is broken to me, there just appears the name and as the description a ","

2. There were 2 quests where you have to collect items. One time you should collect 6 plants in the forest and one time 5 eggs in a cave. The plant-quest, was counting up the items, that were currently collected by me, but then suddenly resetted the counter when i died. I still had the 6 stacks in my inventory, but the counter in the quest said "0/6 collected". Thus it was very hard to find the person (because it was not named) that gave me the quest to bring him his plants.
In the spider-egg-quest, the items were not even counted. Don't know whether it was on purpose, but just for your information.

Great Campaign though!
Greetings

Level 11
Hello there.
I played the map for a few hours and found out some things:

1. I played the hero Cleric (the one with the priest-model. i am just not quite sure whether he was called Cleric :p) and picked as the first ability the second one that heals. I really can't remember its name, just that it heals/damages a freind/foe, costs ~20mana. Holy Fire or something. The tooltip of that ability is broken to me, there just appears the name and as the description a ","

Known issue caused by the Widigetizer, unknown as to how to fix this at the moment.

2. There were 2 quests where you have to collect items. One time you should collect 6 plants in the forest and one time 5 eggs in a cave. The plant-quest, was counting up the items, that were currently collected by me, but then suddenly resetted the counter when i died. I still had the 6 stacks in my inventory, but the counter in the quest said "0/6 collected". Thus it was very hard to find the person (because it was not named) that gave me the quest to bring him his plants.
In the spider-egg-quest, the items were not even counted. Don't know whether it was on purpose, but just for your information.

The counter didn't reset, it never counted up in the first place. The quest items are not counted until you drop them in the quest givers inventory. Then the game system counts the items.

Level 5
The counter didn't reset, it never counted up in the first place. The quest items are not counted until you drop them in the quest givers inventory. Then the game system counts the items.

Really? I remember the quest tooltip was something like "X/6 collected" and it really updated itself when i picked one (or am i totally dumb?). And my main problem was that there was no name of the "quest-giver", so i had to give the item to a person, check whether something happens and repeat the process until the message said that the quest was completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.