• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tooltip field references validation tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hey,
I am writing a small tool which should validate tooltip references such as '<A000,DataA1>' in all tooltip strings of user-defined object data. First I was assuming that all values could be referred which are defined in "Units/UnitMetaData.slk" etc. via the name defined in the column "field". I guess this is not true since for example in the tooltip of the ability "Water Elemental" you have references like 'hwat,realHP' and 'hwat,mindmg1' etc. which are not part of "Units/UnitMetaData.slk".

Are these special values? Are they hardcoded or is there any file where they are specified? And can all values from the "Units/UnitMetaData.slk" file be specified in a tooltip and be resolved during the game?

I've found 'mindmg1' and 'maxdmg1' in the file "Units/UnitWeapons.slk". So are they only defined for standard objects and do I have to use different values for custom objects when I change their damage?

Tooltip Tutorial says that mindmg1 etc. can only be used from the base object but realHP can always be used although realHP is only defined in "Units/UnitBalance.slk" and not as field value in "Units/UnitMetaData.slk".

Status
Not open for further replies.