• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tooltip help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I have no idea how I should search for this, not to mention it's late and I'm lazy. On to my question, does anybody know how to refer to a custom unit's min and max damage? I made a custom zergling unit to be summoned, and in the spell's tooltip is I use
Code:
n00bs have <z000,realHP> hit points and deal <z000,mindmg1> - <z000,maxdmg1> damage.
The <z000,realHP> refers to z000's actual hit points, but <z000,mindmg1>(2) and <z000,maxdmg1>(2) refer to the base unit's (zergling) min and max damage. (so I get 22-25 with 1, 0-0 with 2). <z000,realmindmg1>(2) and <z000,realmaxdmg1>(2) refer to nothing (so 0-0 with both 1 and 2).

I am also having a similar problem where the code refers to the proper location, but displays a value 1 lower than what that location actually is (so if the value of <A003,DataA6> is 60% (0.60), it displays 59 (0.59)). This problem is very odd, as it is only happening in level 5/6 of a spell, where levels 1-4 (and in some cases 5) are all completely fine. Indeed, in some cases other fields referred to in level 5/6 of that spell are correct, whereas that one field is not.

Some information that may help: my friend is making an AoS for his clan and I (along with several other friends) volunteered to stick myself as a hidden hero into his map (he accepted :grin:). In a new map (64x64 Sunken Ruins terrain, dirt), I created a hero based off of Sylvanas (too lazy to do much with stats), gave it a zergling model (and zergling size/pathing), and another unit off of a zergling (slightly smaller, both units are tinted). I have 1 custom unit ability and 5 custom hero abilities. Four of the custom hero abilities have 6 levels, one of them has 4 (that is the one I'm having the min/maxdmg problem). I'm testing in a 64x64 Sunken terrain map.

Is it possible that this just a glitch that will go away in my friend's actual game?

Help appreciated.

Level 5
Look at the tooltips used for the archmage's water elemental spell (if it's not there, it's used for other summoning spells).

For custom unit stuff, you'll have to press ctrl+D to find out what the actual name of the custom unit is (it should look something like "A001:afd1"). The full name needs to be included where normally just "afd1" would be.

Level 24
About the buffs, I'll try basing the buffs with commas in the tooltips off ones that already have commas. It was late and this was a different problem I was having.

About the tooltip location referral, that means it needs to be <z000:zzrg,mindmg1> instead of <z000,mindmg1>? I wonder why <z000,realHP> works fine then :confused:.

I'll try both and edit this post about my results.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.