• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tools/methods for resizing Hero Glow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm having trouble resizing Hero Glow for a project I'm working on. My goal is to create a custom mdx+blp set, using a resized glow instead of GeneralHeroGlow, so that the glow appears smaller. I've tried the following methods, mostly to no avail:
  • Resizing and/or cropping the corresponding blp using drawing software(Krita).
  • Scaling the model down in 3DSMAX and saving it as a new one. This yielded me a seemingly working file, but the glow doesn't show up in World Editor for some reason, even though I imported the assets exactly like before. Just clearly visible feet where the glow should be.
The big question is: what other methods could I try? Maybe some tool I haven't heard of yet? Any tips or tricks are much appreciated:)

Level 29
The texture size has nothing to do with the geometry size, since texture coordinates use percentages (in the form of real numbers from 0 to 1), not absolute values.

You can either scale the geometry itself of the glow, or add a geoset animation that scales it down.

The former you can even easily do manually in MDL format, just need to find the correct geoset.

Level 2
Yeah, I was under the impression it just scales them back up again. So what I should do is modify the geoset of say, General Hero glow? Any useful tutorial links for geoset modding? I'm a bit of noob here:oops:

Edit: Geoset does respond, so big thanks for the tip! Finding the right values is challenging, but I should have things covered for now:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.