• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Weapon Glow mdx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey, I have the Hero aura glow MDX that essentially makes any normal unit into a hero, but is there a similar, smaller, perhaps rounder glow that can be attached to the weapon of said unit? (for example, the Paladin's hammer glows in addition to him having a glow at his feet) I'm looking for something that does this in every team color, just like the Hero aura. Is there anything like this available?

Level 12
That's awesome, thanks! Unfortunately, I'm realizing now that that weapon glow as well as the aura are both just red, and do not match the team colors of the units. Is that a bug? I remember the aura working years ago when I used it last. Maybe I'll play around with some triggers that change unit colors or something.

Level 12
Okay, that was actually easier than I thought to fix. Just changing the color on triggers makes it work. Is there an attachment method that makes it so that the ability "dies" when the unit dies, instead of just staying there? I'm attaching it using a passive item ability, and just adding the special effect to the "Target" field. Though this works, the aura doesn't fade when the unit dies. Is that possible to do?

Level 12
Oh, never mind. I just refreshed and saw your post with the map. :D Your map fixed the problem. I was using an ability that was based on an item ability, so I assume the effect didn't fade when the unit died. On the other hand, yours is one that requires the unit to be alive (Life regeneration aura), so when the unit died it died as well. Similar to an aura.

Thanks a million Hayate!

Status
Not open for further replies.