• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

tools for mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Here is my problem:
Does anyone can tell me where i can download tools to make a warcraft 3 mod?
I already know that it is possible.
Here is what i need to make my mod:
a tool to changes units, buildings, item, ability, etc... (Object)
a tool to changes campaing maps (Human Orc Undead Night Elf)
a tool to changes voices
a tool to changes names of races and campaing.

I think thats all,
thanks to help me ;)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
a tool to changes units, buildings, item, ability, etc... (Object)
Microsoft excel can do that as far as I am aware as the data tables are stored in a universal table format.

a tool to changes campaing maps (Human Orc Undead Night Elf)
WC3 comes with it. It is called World Edit.

a tool to changes voices
No such tool really exists that produces flawless results. You can however record new sounds with a high quality microphone. If you really have to use existing voices, any sound editing program will do.

a tool to changes names of races and campaing.
A combination of notepad and excel.

Obviously you will need to extract all data from the MPQs into a file system so you can modify and build the mod. Once done you just need to archive everything together again into an mpq.

It seems to me he's never heard of the World Editor, the Object Editor, the Import Manager...
You don't even need tools to do this...
You would need tools to make any custom sounds or models, however if he doesn't even know what WE is I doubt he'd know how to make a custom model, so he could just download some off of the site I suppose.
As for custom maps... WE
As for custom text...Gameplay Constants + import nodepad files...

Status
Not open for further replies.