• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

warcraft mods and warcraft 3 server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Here is my problem, I was making a map month ago, and everyone in my clan want me to make a campaing for this map.
So here is what i need, a way to make a warcraft 3 mod and a way to make a warcraft 3 battle.net server. This battle net server must be an option in the battle.net server ,list (us.east us.west europe asia westfall + ...)

Why i want a way to make a mod, because i want to change the warcraft 3 campaing into MY campaing.

And i want a way to make a world editor mod where unit in my map will be the original one and custom model will be original one too^^

thanks for helping me^^

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
So here is what i need, a way to make a warcraft 3 mod and a way to make a warcraft 3 battle.net server. This battle net server must be an option in the battle.net server ,list (us.east us.west europe asia westfall + ...)
Impossible, you will need to contact blizzard about this but I almost garuntee they will reject your request (you would have to offer them serious money like hundreds of thousands of dollars to have a chance of them doing what you want).

Mods are totally possible, you just damage or replace the normal MPQs which come with the game to be your custom ones. Ofcourse, doing this will break your game installation meaning that you would be unable to play on battlenet anymore. You could also add extra content to the game via enabling local files in WC3's registry and adding them to folders in the install path.

I already know its about mpq, but can you tell me how to change data inside of them?
and another thing, i need a way to make an installer that will install a shortcut on the desktop, a modded world editor in a folder and an executable to launch the warcraft 3 mod in the same folder AND the mpq where custom data are. then, when the executable is launched, it will load custom data and original data (like starcraft 1 mod)

thanks ;)

EDIT:
you said its impossible to make warcraft 3 server but its not true, its possible.
I saw many warcraft 3 server
and no, im not talking about world of warcraft server ;)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I already know its about mpq, but can you tell me how to change data inside of them?
With any half decent MPQ editor, like mpqediten.

and another thing, i need a way to make an installer that will install a shortcut on the desktop, a modded world editor in a folder and an executable to launch the warcraft 3 mod in the same folder AND the mpq where custom data are. then, when the executable is launched, it will load custom data and original data (like starcraft 1 mod)
People over at WC3C did this with one of their mods. However I think they are long dead/gone.

you said its impossible to make warcraft 3 server but its not true, its possible.
I saw many warcraft 3 server
It is impossible. Battlenet has and will host only 5 servers for the forseeable future. Any non battlenet server is illegal and thus not to be considered as a valid option.

Level 13
With any half decent MPQ editor, like mpqediten.

People over at WC3C did this with one of their mods. However I think they are long dead/gone.

It is impossible. Battlenet has and will host only 5 servers for the forseeable future. Any non battlenet server is illegal and thus not to be considered as a valid option.

Most people only go to non-BNet server once they get annoyied at the lack of something or get banned.
Also playing on Non-blizzard server also has the chance of getting your Keys cause your giving the server your IP

Status
Not open for further replies.