• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few things, what can be very cool for your mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok. I don't know is this is best place to send this post, if is this pleace bad, please send it to other place.

I have a few of questions about things for mod. I want to create a new mod, but I just already know basic about MPQ, World Editor, and in fact I can create a small mod with new units. But... I want to create something better! So... Here are my questions:

1. How to change colour of menu button colors, and (if I can do this) change colour of other things. ;p

Here are the examples:

Menu_PreviewSM.jpg

war2ku8.jpg

29ftlkx.jpg

2. What is the script code for Warcraft III Engine? Or just... How to add new advanced things, like a new menu button, or new table with options? :grin:

Example:

Menu_PreviewSM.jpg

3. Is this is possible to create your own maps or saves format? WarCraft III and Frozen Throne have other, so I just asking...

4. I want to create PvPGN server for my mod. How to create loader? I don't want use Blizzard server, so I thing you can understand me. :spell_breaker:

Thank's for help.

P.S. Sorry for mu English, I am from other country, and I can't speak english very well...

3. Is this is possible to create your own maps or saves format? WarCraft III and Frozen Throne have other, so I just asking...
Yes, as long as you actually make your own program for those extensions and get an additional exe program that will inject its data in the Warcraft III engine, to make it actually viewable by the game, so that it actually supports it.

2. What is the script code for Warcraft III Engine? Or just... How to add new advanced things, like a new menu button, or new table with options?
Why don't you ask the leading guy of that project (which is kingdobz, if I recall well)?

1. How to change colour of menu button colors, and (if I can do this) change colour of other things. ;p
Get an MPQ editor and retrieve the files you want. Once you get them, if they are in *.tga format, simply open them with a Painting software and recolor them or, if they are in BLP format, simply take Waracraft III Viewer, convert them to tga (since it maintains alpha layers) and open them with your painting program.

References:
[•] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools.php?id=d5w2va
[•] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools.php?id=rgy4bk

Level 3
Yes, as long as you actually make your own program for those extensions and get an additional exe program that will inject its data in the Warcraft III engine, to make it actually viewable by the game, so that it actually supports it.

Ok, never mind. xD

Why don't you ask the leading guy of that project (which is kingdobz, if I recall well)?

In fact... I asked. And about this Loader for PvPFN too. But I don't get answer.

And thanks for this MPQ help, but when I changed buttons and music in menu, I only get new music, no buttons. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.