• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change Ability tool tip in game for each hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I don't see any other way than to create separate abilites, unfortunately.
To many abilities with lots of levels to do that lol

You can try wrapping BlzSetAbilityTooltip in a GetLocalPlayer block if you want it per player.

If you want it to work per unit, you can try ABILITY_SLF_TOOLTIP_NORMAL with BlzSetAbilityStringLevelField.

i am fine with for player or specific unit both work. I don't really know about jass but Pyrogasm helped me with something similar recently.

• Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == udg_PlayerVariable then
    • Set StringVariable = SomeString
    • Custom script: endif
Will this work?

Yes but I don't think it's necessary to set the string locally, you can just call the native. I'm not totally sure on this though. The problem with setting the string locally is that you will need to make sure you don't overwrite the tooltip string for other players beside the local one too.

• Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == udg_PlayerVariable then
  • Custom script: call BlzSetAbilityTooltip('Ahea', "Your string", 0)
  • Custom script: endif

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Unfortunately, these don't work yet. But eventually you should be able to do something like this:

• Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Ability with Ability Code: Animate Dead)'s String Level Field: Tooltip - Normal ('atp1') of Level: 0 to Blah blah blah
  • Ability - Set Ability: (Unit: (Triggering unit)'s Ability with Ability Code: Animate Dead)'s String Level Field: Tooltip - Normal - Extended ('aub1') of Level: 0 to Blah blah blah

Status
Not open for further replies.