• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Too many triggers???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to have too many triggers in a map?
In my currently project i have created 41 (including those not enabled i use for typing Down future ideas or Stuff i need to fix when i'm done testing)
Im a gui user. Some spells i make suddenly don't create the dummes needed or sometimes damage calculations are wrong, and it is not the code some time since they worked perfectly when First made... But Then after making some system and other spells they suddenly Seem to misscalculate or skip Lines in my code...

I dont know if it is because some points are reused in other triggers even though i remove leaks and set variables as the First thing always when i need Them. Or is it that too many triggers are active at once??

Thanks in advance for some answers :goblin_good_job:

Level 6
I've seen maps with over 200 triggers there and there, and a few good ones with over 300 triggers. Yours amount isn't even close to that many. Besides, triggers are designed to only run with conditions you specify for them, to accomplish some kind of goal you want with spells or such.

That being said, if you have problems with your spells causing them to skip specific lines or not even functioning at all, post these specific triggers here and we can take a look. Or post your map and we can dig in it and give helpful hints/clues/solutions.

Ok after looking though some of the triggers i found out why it skiped Lines. Since im making adjudtments to some game systems some variables where not set before i was to use Them so while testing (for instance i had a timer to set an amount of health if player red didn't chose any or for some reason Would leave before it was defined. When it was set it was setting some variables for other systems too and they skipped some Lines)

I'm new making some extra variables for All Tigger spells to calculate damage (some where just made by triggering unit and target of Ability being used) so i can easier look though some of the calculations that are made

Try not to have over 1000 of anything in the editor, it slows down by an enormous amount. Sometimes slower computers can't handle the time to load so they crash and end the process because they either think it froze or there is too much data to load. That's another thing, don't have gigantic GUI triggers either. It's fine in-game, but it isn't fine in-editor.

The real limit of everything is quite higher then most think, its just the visual part of the editor doesn't play nice when you try to make a big map.

Status
Not open for further replies.