• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

To NeoDex Users: Which version of 3dsmax do you use? and which tools would you need?

Which tool do you need the most?

• Mesh rebuilder (helps save smooth groups)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extra simulated systems (example: Sc2's ribbon system)

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Renderer: An extention to 3ds max renderer that helps render wc3 objects and materials. It also allows team color rendering. I currently have a version which renders some parts of wc3 materials and can render ribbon emitters. Particle Emitters 2 are extremely difficult to render due to many reasons, so probably the release version won't have them.

Model importer: a tool for importing models to 3ds max. The idea is that it be more advanced and precise than other importers out there.

Better IK/FK converter is actualy a remake of the Ik/Fk Snapper with some new approach methods and less complex interface.

Mesh rebuilder is ideal for trying to make more wc3 like meshes from advanced information and also generate normal skins from AT Skinning method.

New sustems could be: a plugin for particle emitters 1 instead of using superspray particle system. Sc2 Ribbon effects generator (Pretty a more detailed ribbon emitter which is generated into a mesh)

Other tools could be more animation tools such as a sequence manager instead of creating sequences by hand, a model information manager for controlling general parameters. An animation merger system.

Level 17
I use max 2009 and I'd say importer definitely. But FK/IK converter and Mesh rebuilder would be useful too.
I don't know about others but I never really required more advanced viewing in dex because I always use Magos afterwards anyway.

Im currently using 3ds max 5 and 7, but i always build the meshes in 3ds 5 which has a Model Preview, im so inlove with it, hope neodex will have one too :D

a model previewer of that level is way too much work, but i'm enhancing 3ds max's renderer to atleast help you preview some things a bit more like in wc3. Atleast making ribbon emitters previewable, since magos can't preview them.

Status
Not open for further replies.