• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TKoK 3.0.2 Beta - Vormur's Dark Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
PATCHED: TKoK 3.0.2c Beta - Vormur's Dark Secrets - Updated 10/07/09

TKoK 3.0.2c Beta - Vormur's Dark Secrets

3.0.2c Beta has arrived with many updates, improvements, fixes, and changes

DOWNLOAD HERE

What's new in 3.0.2 you ask, well here's a rundown:

• New Hero: Paladin - He is totally new from the 2.0 version of the paladin. He is a hybrid Healer / DPS focused on off healing / raid healing while sustaining hybrid DPS and raid mana restoration. All of his abilities are based off Spell Power, Spell Crit, and Spell Crit Power. While having Power / Con isn't a bad thing, it isn't his #1 priority for stats

New System: Threat 1.0 - Forget the WC3 AI attack priorities. We now have a threat system in TKoK. When you attack a mob or cast a heal on a player, you will see a new white and red bar appear attached to the units around you. White is empty, Red is full. As you attack or heal, the bar fills up (turning red). This is your current threat on a mob vs the player with the highest threat. When the bar turns full red, you now have pissed off the mob enough so he will change targets and follow you around. Currently there is no way to dump threat on a mob besides: A. Dying, B. Resetting the mob (if it is resettable), C. Moving out of the mobs range (approx 2500 units away from it). This system will take a little getting used to, but in the long run this is much better for TKoK.

New Item System - All items that drop on the ground are now listed as: Unidentified [Item Type]. This was done because with our random item generator, we seemed to have hit a hard cap limit of item objects WC3 can handle and two different items were sharing the same actual ID somehow, while this is a step backwards from our last system, it was required. At the same time, since there is no longer 5,000 item objects in the map, it loads even faster now (about 18s on my system).

NPC Reset / AI system - All pre-placed units now guard their positions. If you drag them too far from their starting position, they will go invulnerable, move at max speed, and run back to their guard position resetting their HP. This counts any pre-placed unit such as the Gnoll Camp, any mini boss, and so on. Units that naturally patrol are un-effected by the reset rules.

Broodmother Loot Table - Killing the Broodmother does not give you any items directly, instead when you collect your reward for Proving Your Worth, you will be rewarded with the proper Offhand item of Epic Quality for your class. If you are the proper level, it will auto equip it for you, if not goto your inventory when you are the proper level and equip it manually.

Saving / Loading is now allowed - I expect the system to work pretty damn good but not flawless yet and I suggest you use GameCapture (see my forum post here) if you are playing on BNet. GameCapture does not function on Garena because of the memory changes Garena Writes to the WC3 in memory. Nothing I can do about that.

New Zone: Vormur Gardens - Enter the Vormur gardens and discover why the Gnolls were a big threat and why Vormur and Tol'Calm's forces were spread so thin. Battle against the Angry Spirits and try to reclaim the land. There are 4 new mob types here: Black Spirit, Red Spirit, Blue Spirit, and Green Spirit. Each has its own unique ability. You will find pre-placed packs of mobs + patrols in this zone. Learn what each unit does and figure the best strategy for cleaning them out. This zone contains an upgraded Item Merchant for better potions, Way Point Activator, Teleport Scrolls, and a new Tier 2 (Level 8) Item Vendor

New Zone: Vormur Catacombs - Enter the Vormur Catacombs in an attempt to defeat the 4 Elemental Zombies: Firecorpse, Sparkcorpse, Frozencorpse, and Vilecorpse while dealing with the undead that is crawling within. There are Undead Warriors, Zombies, Ghouls, Undead Clerics, Undead Rangers, and Undead Mages each with 2 unique abilities. Learn what each unit does to figure out the strategy for taking them on. These uniques do not patrol or respawn. They come in preplaced packs that die as a group, reset as a group, or respawn as a group.

What does this mean when a catacombs pack resets? Lets say the pack has 6 units, you kill off 4 of them, but drag the last 2 too far and they reset. The entire pack will reset and respawn. Before you think about exploiting this for EXP / Gold / Items, know this: No mob from the pack drops items or gives EXP or gold. When the entire pack is dead, you are rewarded with the exp from the group and items will drop then. Each mob is wroth about 7.5 exp, but there are bonuses added in based on pack size. The harder the pack, the more exp its worth.

These 4 new Zombie bosses are very unique and will require smart play. Expect to wipe a few times trying to figure out how to fight them and what their abilities do. There is a new Waypoint (like the one near the twins and in the sunken temple) You can activate with a Waypoint activator. The waypoint is just outside the catacombs entrance in the Graveyard.

Once you have killed all 4 zombie corpses and cleared the catacombs of all the packs, you can NOW move on to fight Narith the Fallen. Good luck with that!

TKoK - Patch 3.0.2c - 10/16/09

Thanks for all your help in tracking down, reproducing, and helping in what I needed to fix all of these bugs.

Patch Notes:

Generic Hero
  • -Fixed an issue that prevented stats and abilities from being recalced intimidately upon loading. While this was not a big issue, at first glance at your stats they may have seemed wrong until you did an action that refreshes the list.

Ranger
  • -Explosive Arrows CD is now 6s (up from 5s)
    -Multishot CD is now 7s (up from 6s)
    -Frost Arrows CD is now 6s (up from 5s)
    -Multishot base damage increased to 6 (up from 5) and coefficient of reduced to 25% (down from 30%)
    -Fire Trap base damage reduced to 10 (down from 12) and coefficient of reduced to 65% (down from 70%)
    -Frost Trap (talented) base damage reduced to 9 (down from 10) and coefficient of reduced to 55% (down from 60%)
    -Poison Trap base damage reduced to 4 (down from 5) and coefficient of reduced to 15% [per tick] (down from 17%)
    -Fixed a bug with Improved Fire Trap that would cause server splits / desyncs

Warrior
  • -Increased threat gen bonus from Whirlslash by 15% (now 125%)
    -Increased threat gen bonus from Shield Slam by 5% (now 125%)
    -Increased Defensive Stance Passive threat bonus by 10% (now 140%)
    -Increased threat gen bonus from Intimidating Shout by 15% (now 140%)
    -Corrected the Defensive Stance tooltip to display that you generate extra threat while in this stance
    -Fixed a bug that prevented the stat multiboard from displaying bonus stats from talents (E.G. Imp Def stance, Mitigation)
    -Fixed an issue with Armored to the Teeth that prevented the damage from being applied
    -Shield Slam base damage increased to 18 (up from 15) and coefficient increased to 90% (up from 85%)
    -Intimidating Shout base damage increased to 18 (up from 13) and coefficient increased to 80% (up from 70%)
    -Whirlslash base damage increased to 15 (up from 12) and coefficient increased to 75% (up from 65%)

Pyro
  • -Corrected an error that caused Fireballs stun to last 3s

Interface Improvements
  • -Upon using the waypoint/teleport system, your hero will now be auto re-selected
    -Upon loading a hero, the Fog system and Music system will be defaulted to OFF. You can re-enable them by typing -fog, -music, or using the game options in the actions menu
    -Added all heroe icons to the side bar for better targeting for healers

Terrain
  • -Redid Vormur Gardens outpost so the portal is inside the barricades and moved a few NPCs around for better placement of this new layout.
    -Re-arranged the beginning of the catacombs to space packs 1, 2 and 3 apart more to make it a little more forgiving for pulling and fighting them.

Quests
  • -All the quests in the Vormur Gardens outpost are available by default. This corrects the issue with needing to kill the Broodmother to unlock the quests in a brand new game.

Generic
  • -Fixed an issue that allowed the Select Hero trigger (ESC button during hero select) from still firing if you loaded a char
    -Fixed an issue that prevented my Selection Events cleanup trigger from firing if you loaded a hero
    -Corrected a tooltip that still stated you needed to be level 8 to save (it's currently level 6 and still is in this version)
    -Reworked some things in the Damage System that should correct those insanely large number text tags even though the actual damage being dealt is correct
    -Save Hero cooldown is currently and will still be 1 min (this was added in B but got missed in the patch notes)
    -Corrected an order of operations error that actually lowered the exp you got from Legendary or Hardcore mode.

Enemies
  • -Reworked some logic and changed the way some things are checked with unit resetting to correct some odd bugs we would randomly see. It should be an improvement, may not be perfect yet.
    -Corrected an issue related to the above statement that would force Catacombs groups to constantly reset when they died
    -Corrected an issue that prevented the rules for 6-8 player scaling from working as intended. You will see an increase in difficulty with 6-8 players now the way it was intended.

Bosses
  • -Broodmother hardmode has been added: Eggcellent! - Defeat the Broodmother without destroying any of her eggs for the entire fight. NOTE: When all 8 eggs are alive, each egg only spawns 2 adds per egg instead of 3 (16 vs 24 spiders)

Items
  • -4 new epic items (2 necks and 2 rings) have been added to the Broodmother's loot table available through Hardmode only.
    • Normal mode kill = 50% chance of 1 epic
      Legendary mode kill = 1 epic
      Hardcore mode kill = 2 epics
    -Fixed a bug that caused some items to have bigger bonuses than intended. When you load your char, any bugged items will now just have the proper bonuses.
    -Corrected the Warrior's shield icon
    -Healing Wards have been altered to the following:
    • Rank 1 wards now give an aura that heals all friendly units for 25 hp every 3s, lasts 15s
      Rank 2 wards now give an aura that heals all friendly units for 40 hp every 3s, lasts 15s

Last edited:
Level 12
wow it looks really good. I just been able to play until I get to level 3. systems are looking similar to diablo. warrior is only able to use a sword, but it looks good anyway...

Level 12
I tried the map again today up to 8th level. it looks good but it got boring when I came to level 8 and spiders cave part. it's just some boring to level up all alone and try to take out those spider bosses, lol. especially that brood mother has ridiculous hp.

I guess I found a bug. I took a few useful level 8 items (I was playing with Arcanist) and there were one or two attack increaser items among them, then damage show points started to show up extremely high when hero attack someone, (like 100 or 1000) lumping over with every attack. I even got shocked once and supposed that I am strong a bit right there lol. But the real damage is only doing as normal amount of damage as that item giving, so it's just a bug about the damage showing points. I hope you can fix it.

Level 11
It's not meant for single player, suggested players is at least 4 (tank, 2 dps, healer)

Not sure whats caused the damage numbers to jump if the real damage being dealt is fine

Level 11
They do, but boss fights just don't function well in single player because of the design concept. I am not going to write 2 boss fights for every boss, one for single player and one for multi-player

Level 11
after the catacombs comes the desert, then a brand new zone that is 2x the size of the Sunken Temple, after clearing that new zone, then you goto the sunken temple where the Twin Emps are

Level 2
Looks like threre are a lot things to do...Are zou sure you will not need any new betas to test them? Are those brand new zones ready or you will just start working on them?
And common... Those gardens are full of wisps witch just look the same with different colours...This doesn't look funny :(
sorry for my bad english :p

Level 4
Will the codes be wiped in the live version of 3.0?

Also I'm not sure if I wasn't paying enough attention or not - but with the ranger in the caves I placed a trap and killed a scorpion with it and it showed two scorpions slain when I'm pretty sure it was my first one.

Unfortunately I don't have any screen shots or replays to post - not until I get patch 1.24b back - I downgraded for a minute to play a classic map. I'll be sure to inform you when I find out for sure though.

Level 11
When we come out of beta, yes code wipe and start over but for now, no, codes will be retained.

if you were using cheats (whosyourdaddy) it can bug out the recycle system

Level 4
No, I was playing on Bnet so I could still chat with my online friends.

Well the replay is gone so I can't tell, if anything we'll just dismiss it as lack of sleep (3 AM in the morning my time).

Status
Not open for further replies.