• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Titans of Archia ORPG -Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here are some pics of the current terrain by me.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm just not happy with them. These are the BETTER pics. I would like it if I could get someone to polish up the terrains :D

Attachments

• scsh1.PNG
    scsh1.PNG
    599.9 KB · Views: 527
  • scsh2.PNG
    scsh2.PNG
    574.8 KB · Views: 473
  • scsh3.PNG
    scsh3.PNG
    401.5 KB · Views: 452
  • scsh4.PNG
    scsh4.PNG
    501.2 KB · Views: 464
Level 14
What i would suggest for the barrens,is instead of using large shrubs, use lots of little shrubs grouped together nearer to rocks and trees a little bit more, and then maybe have some larger shrubs out in the open like you have them.
And for the swamp, that fog just looks plain bad, use maybe a dark green fog for the swamp and then use the eerie fog doodad from the UTM around rocks and trees. Also i personally hate the leaves that were used for those willow trees (not your fault) its just a very poor way of making them in my opinion. You should look for the Swamp tree's in the UTM as well under -Enviornment- The ones with the roots above ground, possibly you could put rocks underneath those or just lower them a bit farther into the ground.

Overall i'd say more rocks that are a little bit more grouped together and smoother cliffs (Right side of the barrens shot) you can also use those rocks you have on top of those cliffs to put on the cliffs (at the base place larger rocks that go into smaller rocks as you hit the summit) and then place rocks on the face of the cliff, but not to many!

What i would suggest for the barrens,is instead of using large shrubs, use lots of little shrubs grouped together nearer to rocks and trees a little bit more, and then maybe have some larger shrubs out in the open like you have them.
And for the swamp, that fog just looks plain bad, use maybe a dark green fog for the swamp and then use the eerie fog doodad from the UTM around rocks and trees. Also i personally hate the leaves that were used for those willow trees (not your fault) its just a very poor way of making them in my opinion. You should look for the Swamp tree's in the UTM as well under -Enviornment- The ones with the roots above ground, possibly you could put rocks underneath those or just lower them a bit farther into the ground.

Overall i'd say more rocks that are a little bit more grouped together and smoother cliffs (Right side of the barrens shot) you can also use those rocks you have on top of those cliffs to put on the cliffs (at the base place larger rocks that go into smaller rocks as you hit the summit) and then place rocks on the face of the cliff, but not to many!

I'll keep those suggestions in mind when I get to terraining again! :D

Scale down the Goblin's shadow. ^^

lol yeah havnt done much with that yet xD but shadows will be fixed dont worry :p

Wow... I liked the 3rd pic... It's like from WoW :D... dun'morgh grounds :>

and yeah, I have some better screenies of that area, and some screenies of when you walk into the dwarven buildings.

Level 9
Maybe it would look better if you hide the cliffs with rocks (sth like this), but i don't know if thats maybe to much for a playable map (filesize...).
Also you should add some more detail, for example shrubs or groups of stones.
I also have to agree with Azurot: The willow-tree-model is just crap, just use other trees from the utm.

Level 18
i also have to agree with azurot, however, the willow model is not bad. The setting you used it in however (the barrens) is a bad idea.

Willows are meant to be in swamps.

Not only that but as to what azurot was saying, i agree fully, except for there being large shrubs. Large shrubs in general in the middle of no where are ugly, especially in a barrens terrain.

keep terraining though it looks great =)

Level 8
Those scenes look cool but I think you need more details since it looks like your map is played zoomed in. And since there is a memory limit for multiplayer maps, keep in mind what parts of your map won't be seen up close and you can skip detailing those parts.

Level 19
Here is a little trick. Set the pitch and roll angle of your unit to 0, and he wont be standing diagonally. It'll look waaay better, so I recommend you do that for everything that hasn't got four legs or more. Secondly, I'm seeing your camera system has some issues with heights. If you click my signature you will find a camera tutorial that helps you with just that. Also you should tint the grass darker, since it really sticks out in a bad way now.

Status
Not open for further replies.