• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I really like dota. I know alot of people don't like it, especially a lot of people on hiveworkshop.com. But you know what dota makes me think of? Halo. Because halo, has a lot of people who love the game and a lot of people who hate the game. Its because of games like halo and dota that games like Fable or some the outstanding maps I have seen here get to be played in a large amount from what I have seen. Or if they do, they are forgotten after awhile. I want to make a game that breaches the wedge between those two categories of player. I want to make a gears of war to everyone fable and halo. I guess there metaphors get a bit confusing, *chuckle*.

Anyway, this game that I am creating is short instead of the long AoS Dota. If you ever played dota you know how long the games are, about 30 minutes to and hour or so. My games end in 15 minutes leaving you 45 minutes to go on hulu and watch mindless free tv on your computer and rot your brains out.

Now dont go "Oh My God, ANOTHER AOS!" No its not actually, but some might be getting a feel like it is so im kind of classifying it under that. In the game you controll one hero, then you and your teamates must acquire {host choices of points starting at 15 to 150} from doing four things: 1. Capture the Flag, 2. Destruction, 3.Hold the Ground, and 4.GodLike

1.Capture the Flag
------------------------------------------------------------
Each base has a flag. capturing the flag and bringing it back to your base gives you exactly 1 point. Its simple, its been around for years and years. You grab and run.

2.Destruction
-------------------------------------------------------------
You have to destroy the opposite teams defense towers. Destroying a tower gives you .7 points. Destroying the home base gives you a womping of 5 points.

3.Hold the Ground
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hold the Ground differs on each of my maps.1* For the release map there are three lanes with 3 obelisks on all three lanes. Capturing the obelisk gives you .5 points. NOTE!: You can loose a obelisk after you captured it. If an enemy approaches the obelisk it will start to become negative in captures or if your not there he will capture it, rendering you negative .5 instead of the positive and giving him a positive .5.

4.GodLike
------------------------------------------------------------
Kills get you 1 point each. Get over 50 kills get the rank GODLIKE which gives you 10 points, but not your team*2,3

Story:
The titans were on this planet before it was a spec of dust. They were these wise beings,brothers and sisters that were the massive cosmic clumps of aura that started the process of life itself. In the beginning of the titans creation they were a peaceful race.But one day something changed in there ideal Utopian life's,The Caboose ,was tricked by The Jackal to a contest which he could not deny as his pride and ego would not let him. The contest was a game of beauty in which they would both create two universes and the other titans would be the judges in who created the ideal Oasis. They both put in six times of creation into the universes, and on the 7th time the universes were shown before the judges. The the majority agreed that the Jackal had created a better more sounding and life sprouting universe then The Caboose. His world was a very active being - in the sense that it was always sprouting death and darkness. Negative beings were sprouting and causing havoc.With the defeat that he had not foreseen he was as well told to dismantle his universe so its energy could be put to use towards The Jackals universe. He had flabbergast at what he was being told to do. He did not understand, through his eyes he saw a beauty that had not such been seen ever in the times that have past or would come. He replied to there demand with a sharp negative comment as well as with a deny to there demand. The majority that had supported The Jackal took it onto themselves to try and to destroy the hellish place that The Caboose had created. There action came up with a failure for in defense of the hellish cosmic universe that The Caboose had created were the other half of the titans corner which disagreed with the dismantling actions of there fellow brothers oasis.When Caboose saw that his home was being invaded to be destroyed he summoned his favoring brothers and sisters in help to repeat the destructive thought back to the invaders.And so the mighty battles between Jackal and Caboose were started, and continues for several times of itself.When a titan was defeated in battle his body would drop and his aura would spread, sprouting life from every spore, every bacteria and every pool of water it could find. This is what the Ereskins believe, that they were created by life through the aura from fallen titans of the past. And these were the famous Titan battles.

Characters:
So far i have arranged to put in 20 characters, there all custom and when I mean custom I man not from watercraft universe or a bit distinctly different. Each character will also have ability's that are custom and not used on most warcarft 3 mods.5*

Overall view:
Characters: Around 20
Maps: More then one. First map titles "Blood Gulch".
Gameplay modes: 4 in one. CTF,Deathmatch,King of the Hill, and AoS Destruction.
Music: Custom sounds for your enjoyment. ex: Killltacullerr. GodLikeeeee. Capture the Flag! UnSTOPPABLE! DOUBLE KILL!! HEAD SHOT SHOT SHOT!!

1*Instead of one player maps I will release several maps that will be all different in nature, tile sets and mood. So you will be able to play on more the one map and have a renewed experience while not loosing the quality of the game play.

2*There will be a ranking system installed, and after a certain amount of killed your rank will be upgraded.Ranks do not give your team points towards your victory goal, although they do give you points towers trophy's.3*Ranks are there mostly just for you to be in game and walking up a lane and a the enemy team sees this great sign over your head. GODLIKE. Inspire some fear into the enemy.

3*The points that you and only you get for your team and copied onto another system. Its called the trophy system.4* You will be able to acquire a code at the end of your gameplay for a random item code which you can put in the start of the next game and receive an item in the beginning for an edge to your enemy as a reward towards your winnings. Or you can buy one from the store and get a code for it. Store codes are items that you can reuse any time you want because there yours {1 store trophy item or random trophy item per game can only be used} while random items, once used, code will not be able to be used again.

4*Trophy system might not be released until later into the development of the game.

5*Credit will be given to all modelers, skinners and spell makers that I have used there property in my development.

PS: I am at about 70-80 percent completion on the first map.

Ill update this asap.
In the image below are the starting characters that I used when I started this project. The terrain was changed around that base and its a bit different now.

attachment.php

*Base Oasis

11-1.jpg

22-3.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

55.jpg

PS WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT

Last edited:
Level 5
Sounds good. Loved that screenshot. The only thing i feel is wrong, is, it looks like a paradise.

Edit: How did you get the sky. I changed the sky to another one of my choice, but it doesn't show.

Level 15
Looks good. A question though, what's the map size so far? With all the custom models, it should be around 2-3mb right?
Also, could you show some spells in the screenies? People are more concerned about that than terrain in an AoS (generally)
So this is basically a smaller scaled DotA with faster gameplay? Sounds interesting :D

Level 11
Well actually its not that big. its like 2 megabites something and I dled several programs to bring down the size when im finished. It wont be bigger then 3.10 mbs or something like that for sure. And well its a mix of AoS and several other gameplays that I thought would make it more fun. Ill update tomorow with spells and such. Thanks for comment.

Oh and yea its ment to be very fast paced because most of your exp will come from hero on hero kills. And im also implementing a reward system which I mentioned above. You get points from games, then you get a code at the end of the game that contains your points which you can use to buy items that you will always have at the begginig of the game to give you an edge on your competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.