• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tiny Little Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Raise height tool. WEU allows 80°-angled "hills" they are almost cliffs, but look far more better than blizz cliffs. For more information, visit HernanG's Elven Fores Tutorial or ask HappyTauren:)

Level 18
Raise height tool. WEU allows 80°-angled "hills" they are almost cliffs, but look far more better than blizz cliffs. For more information, visit HernanG's Elven Fores Tutorial or ask HappyTauren:)

Yes this is possible and I already know how to do it, but in this map it would not work. Imagine the way buildings would look built on the side of a sloping hill, and then for the parts that I wouldn't want to be accessed I would have to put pathing blockers all the way around.

Level 4
Hey i just played ATD online and this is what i would have you consider
1) the people in our game group generally didnt' like the loading screen, most noticeable dispute was about the death knights hair.
(quote) it looks too grassy.
2)Along with the hair, somone mentioned that there probably should be some face shadow
3)the heroes and gameplay were flawless and smooth. but the most of our heroes were rangers and only like 1 item really benefitted the archer and it was 110 gold or so....
4)Perhaps not enough creeps. Though if you leave the creeps as is you might want to decrease their respawning time because for 3-4 minutes everyone was running around at level 3 trying to find something to kill. Killing critters is what we were reduced to until the gnolls started respawning.
5)Maybe the mage player was an experienced player or something but he was doing exceptionally well given that he solo'd alot. Maybe reduce his lightning damage some. Umm i dunno what exactly happened to kill the death knight but i guess they did. He was running around doing something else... In either case i saved the replay and i'll post it below so you can see how it went. you don't have to use all these suggestions they're just some things as i saw them. Terrain looks nice though no probs there. umm thats all i got cya buddy!

Attachments

• ATD1.w3g
    140.8 KB · Views: 263
Level 18
1. The loading screen, or do you mean the mini-map icon? I have gotten that quite often and I am in need of a new artist to create a new icon for AtD before it reaches Version 2.0 status. If you know of anyone, forward them to me!

2. I'm assuming by 'Rangers' you mean Frozen Archers. Nonetheless, all items that are sold (aside from Epic items sold by the hard-to-reach Merchant Ship of Treasures) from shops accessible to the Death Hunters benefit each Hero the same; +armor and +attack, depending on which they prefer to use. Armor is a definite must when playing as the Frozen Archer. There are no Hero specific items sold by normal shops, while some items gained from creeping sometimes tend to benefit certain Heroes over others.

3. Down time in between creeping is meant to occur so that quests can be completed, Architects can build, new areas of the map can be discovered, and items can be bought without wasting valuable creeps. Though, I am considering a more efficient and specific respawn for creeps. (Like, if 4 have died, create 4 more. If 2 have died, only create 2 more.) This may occur in the future.

Also, though the creeps in the main area of the map may be dry, the Forest of Deception contains Shape Shifters that do not show up as creep icons on the mini-map, but appear once you cross their path. They do give XP and gold, just as a normal creep would, but they also catch you by surprise and are very dangerous.

5. Lightning damage is; Level 1: 10 Level 2: 20 Level 3: 30 Level 4: 40, if I remember correctly. This damage tweak was achieved in Version 1t, and if I am correct you were playing one of the older versions. This could explain why it may have seemed too powerful.

6. The Death Knight, unfortunately, may have fallen victim to the creeps (as sometimes happens) hehe. An idea just occurred to me--perhaps when a Hero, Death Knight or Death Hunter, dies to the creeps, instead of the game being over for them they will respawn at the Church after a set amount of time depending on their level. I think this is an ace idea! We will see this probably in the next version if you and others agree. What do you think?

Level 4
1. The loading screen, or do you mean the mini-map icon? I have gotten that quite often and I am in need of a new artist to create a new icon for AtD before it reaches Version 2.0 status. If you know of anyone, forward them to me!

2. I'm assuming by 'Rangers' you mean Frozen Archers. Nonetheless, all items that are sold (aside from Epic items sold by the hard-to-reach Merchant Ship of Treasures) from shops accessible to the Death Hunters benefit each Hero the same; +armor and +attack, depending on which they prefer to use. Armor is a definite must when playing as the Frozen Archer. There are no Hero specific items sold by normal shops, while some items gained from creeping sometimes tend to benefit certain Heroes over others.

3. Down time in between creeping is meant to occur so that quests can be completed, Architects can build, new areas of the map can be discovered, and items can be bought without wasting valuable creeps. Though, I am considering a more efficient and specific respawn for creeps. (Like, if 4 have died, create 4 more. If 2 have died, only create 2 more.) This may occur in the future.

Also, though the creeps in the main area of the map may be dry, the Forest of Deception contains Shape Shifters that do not show up as creep icons on the mini-map, but appear once you cross their path. They do give XP and gold, just as a normal creep would, but they also catch you by surprise and are very dangerous.

5. Lightning damage is; Level 1: 10 Level 2: 20 Level 3: 30 Level 4: 40, if I remember correctly. This damage tweak was achieved in Version 1t, and if I am correct you were playing one of the older versions. This could explain why it may have seemed too powerful.

6. The Death Knight, unfortunately, may have fallen victim to the creeps (as sometimes happens) hehe. An idea just occurred to me--perhaps when a Hero, Death Knight or Death Hunter, dies to the creeps, instead of the game being over for them they will respawn at the Church after a set amount of time depending on their level. I think this is an ace idea! We will see this probably in the next version if you and others agree. What do you think?

well for starters you do have wands and mage scarfs that greatly benefit the mage that are fairly cheap too, however anything that is worthwhile for the frozen archer. True there are items for them later when you get to the mariner but unfortunately we weren't high enough level to get in that area yet, as we killed all the creeps and finished all the quests and had nothing to do basically. Once the dark forests of deceit opened up the mage and two otehr people ransacked it before we could get in :p. Besides that you don't have to create hero specific items but some more low level items would be nice in my opinion.

Level 18
well for starters you do have wands and mage scarfs that greatly benefit the mage that are fairly cheap too, however anything that is worthwhile for the frozen archer. True there are items for them later when you get to the mariner but unfortunately we weren't high enough level to get in that area yet, as we killed all the creeps and finished all the quests and had nothing to do basically. Once the dark forests of deceit opened up the mage and two otehr people ransacked it before we could get in :p. Besides that you don't have to create hero specific items but some more low level items would be nice in my opinion.

The Mage's Scarf is not for the Mage of Nature, it is just called a Mage's Scarf. Increasing intelligence by +6 could have the exact same effect if equipped by the Medicine Doctor, since both of their primary attributes are Intelligence. Don't let the names of items mislead you! The Mage's Scarf cannot be bought but only picked up by creeps, and the Wand of the Magi is inexpensive, but cannot be stacked and does not provide benefits that superbly aid a Death Hunter, like armor or attack, but simply helps with spellcasting (additional mana points and regeneration).

Tip: Creeping in pairs of two greatly helps with distributing Hero XP without completely butchering the amounts of XP you would receive when creeping in larger groups, like 4's or all-together.

Anyways, I will continue to brainstorm new items that can be implemented into the game before Version 2.0. Perhaps those more concentrated on Agility.

Status
Not open for further replies.