• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Balancing in progress, New abilities on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
April 30, 2007

So over the past couple days I have been working vigorously on AtD to balance many things that seem to have come up in the latest versions. The biggest problem that arose was that the Obelisk of the Damned (now being able to be seen by both sides, but only sell items to the Death Knight) sells items that are automatically in stock (there is nothing I can do to change this, unless the items are put under "Items Sold" in which case they will not file directly into a Hero's inventory). Anyways, this means if a Death Knight creeps quickly and gold farms, he can manage to buy lower costing items like Boots of Speed quickly in game-- unfairly turning the tables.

To combat this, I have raised the price of the Boots of Speed to 190 gold, since this item is the only foreseeable problem with this new change. This, among many other fixes, will be addressed in an upcoming version of AtD.

While working on the latest balancing, an idea for a new ultimate came across my mind. "Nether Prison" is an ultimate in which I was inspired by an ability I've seen called "Keys to the Netherworld". In my version, the Death Knight would cast this ability on a targeted Hero. The targeted hero would then be lunged into the abyssal Nether World for 10 seconds, experiencing various negative buffs and a HP drain, all while having a camera shake and various greens, purples, and blues flashing on the owner of the targeted units screen.

I am also considering starting a contest to see who could make the best spell to replace the Mage of Nature's "Energy Lightning" ability- which is a standard WC3 ability- with a new ability titled "Nature's Wrath". More info on this soon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.