• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tinker Paintball 2: Goblins Strike Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
...Hello everyone! Do you remember my old map Tinker Paintball v2.16?
Well, the map is back and it's a lot better than before. New features added and the map is high quality (wow!).

Latest Version:
Tinker Paintball 2: Goblins Strike back v1.07

New Features:

1. Time Selection
Player 1 can select game length. Available game lengths: 10,15,20 minutes

2. Movement Hotkeys
Well, you can now move and turn right and left using the arrowkeys, instead of clicking all the way. This is better and a lot faster, as when you stop pressing forward for example the Tinker stops moving. You can still use the mouse!

3. Smoke Grenades (W00t)
A feature that should have been added long ago. You can throw a smoke grenade blinding all enemies nearby and you as well. Use it cautiously.

4. Jumpset
Hey, hey, what's that? You can jump forward using this special item.

5. Hats
You can buy a hat to make you look a little more handsome!

6. Shields (old but good)
It was in the last version, I know, but it's now a lot better. Many bug fixes on them.

7. Lag? - no more
Back in Tinker Paintball v2.16 you would lag every some seconds. Now this issue is fixed, unless you play with 8 players, dying all at the same time and respawning all together at the same location. Then it will lag (it sounds normal).

8. Doodad changes
No more ugly Wc3 Lordaeron Trees and doodads. Now you will see only very nice custom trees, that seem a lot more realistic, and, at the same time, the map is still little in size.

9. Weather commands
All players can toogle weather. Modes and day/night only toggleable by player 1. Earthquake toogleable by any player.

10. Trader Changes
a) Shields trader: Added the hats, changed model, now uses the Sapper model and in the pumpkin mode has the pumpkin helmet as well.
b) Zeppelin: changed pathing, now moves in a smaller area near the center. Added jumpset.

11. Armaggedon mode
Now can be typed either -armaggedon or -armageddon!

Changelog:
v1.01
-Added Loading Screen (High quality)
-Added new map preview
-Minor bug fixes (that would occur very rarely, but would cause the game to crash completely)
v1.02
-Mode commands fixed (in the info section)
-New mode (Ultraspeed mode "-ultraspeed") You move faster than ever. How many enemies can you kill?
-Fixed minor bugs
-Pistol Bug fixed - now the item will dissappear when dropped.
v1.03:
-Beast mode (-beast)
-New item (Paintball Shoulderpads add truesight and are lost when dropped)
v1.04:
-All new spawned units get a pistol (so they don't start weaponless)
-All players start off with 5 gold and get 1 gold every 15 seconds
v1.05:
-Changes in beast mode (now uses the skeletal child model)
-Many bug fixes
-Lag issue fixes
-Better startup instructions that take less to read
v1.06:
-New Merchant added - He sells 2 new items and some potions
-New item: Fire Cone (breath of fire)
-New item: Frost Cone (breath of frost)
-Items of the same type take one slot now for up to 15 charges
-New imports: Circus Tent - where the new trader is
-New imports: Model for the potions
-Model changes: changed item models
v1.07:
-Made a finish cinematic-like thing.

P.S.: I stopped working on this map for the moment. Next version will come some time in the future. Be patient! Hope you enjoyed Tinker Paintball 2 up to now!

Attachments

• 01_ShieldsNHatsTrader_BigTree copy.jpg
    01_ShieldsNHatsTrader_BigTree copy.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 300
  • 02_PumpkinMode_ForestView copy.GIF
    02_PumpkinMode_ForestView copy.GIF
    339.2 KB · Views: 325
  • 03_SmokeGrenadeEffect copy.GIF
    03_SmokeGrenadeEffect copy.GIF
    107.3 KB · Views: 307
  • 04_JumpJetEffect_Demonstration copy.GIF
    04_JumpJetEffect_Demonstration copy.GIF
    299.2 KB · Views: 777
Last edited:
Level 4
So when are you gonna post it? It sounds fun...

And what is armaggedon mode?
Fire everywhere? :p

Level 10
Well, actually like before. Armaggedon is rain of fire combined with fire projectiles. The map will be posted in the next 24-36 hours. Screenshots will be posted in the next few minutes.

It is lke the old Paintball I had created. It is a lot better. Any ideas on the map? Any mode you would suggest? Any items or so?

Level 4
Stun grenades, satachel charges, airstrikes,helicopters, radar scans (CoD influence)

Beast mode, creeps may be used to attack/slow/stun/annoy other players.

No item suggestions.

Level 10
Stun grenades exist as missiles.
Satachel grenades are???? I haven't played CoD to know what you mean
Airstrikes and helicopters have been tried before, but never posted. Problems occured, but Iam trying to fix them. Maybe in the next version.

Beast mode sounds good, but this may not be that good! I will give it a look, maybe make it something like what you suggested or a parasite mode. In this one when someone dies a monster will spawn for player 12 (non-used) or Neutral Hostile and do what you suggested. Good idea!

I can't make creeps attack because player life is only 25, which means 3-4 shots in normal game, so a creep may kill them instantly and this may be bad as a mode like this will take 30 mins+! Not good!
Slow and other buffs may be added in rune like items that will be invisible and just make you go slower, stun you and so (maybe considered spirits of the forest)! Also I could add runes that will be visible and players will pick them up and get their benefits!

Useful ideas! More feedback appreciated!

Level 4
Maybe traps?
Satchel charges are basically remote-controlled mines.
For beast mode you could have beasts do very very little damage.

Level 11
Need super fast mode all units have max walk speed( change max movement speed in interface or constants also to max) then heavy metal music with it suggestions "slipknow heretic anthem" "Dragonforce valley of the damned" "mudvayne Determined" lots more out there.

Level 10
Well Rakdos, I can't import music, BUT your idea is really hot and I can use this!

Wand_Mirror I think the imported trees make it look high quality as far as I am concerned. The doodads are high quality, about the whole map you shall decide. - you're right!

Supermj thx for the rep. Any suggestions?

Lord_of_Sausage ok I am looking forward to it. Take your time to think of something. I want to know what you really suggest on this.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will be updating soon. The new version is a little bit heavier, but the loading screen is a lot better!

Level 11
I like giving ideas. =D

for just normal mode, or any mode, should make an ability like hide, but you have to be right next to a tree, and if a unit comes right next to you it breaks the invisiblity.

Level 10
Well, it has invisibility but only during night. This is fair because playing during day gives some player the advantage of spotting others and during night it gives the advantage of hiding correctly to some others! This is fair for all players, even if they are pros, noobs, average players. Also about the ultrafast mode, it has been already added in 1.02! More modes will come in 1.03 maybe!!! Many new features to come. Please be patient!

Level 10
Sorry for double posting again!
New version:
v1.03 features:
Beast mode
New item that gives true sight (you can see invisible enemies) and disappears when dropped

v1.04 coming soon!

EDIT: v1.04 is ready - not much new things though but it has something useful at least:
-All new spawned units get a pistol (so they don't start weaponless)
-All players start off with 5 gold and get 1 gold every 15 seconds

Last edited:
Level 15
Pretty fun, but not my taste. Add a sky ;) Maybe try add some more "aim" like spells/weps/items/whatever :p
Ive got a few ideas:

-xXx-Tricky-xXx's first sniper system, not the other but first (i dont know why, but i think it fix a bit more in your map, whit you low-rised terrain, dont take this as critiqe :)
dont use this, you have to import EVERYthing, dont think you want to do that :)

- Vaporizer:
A triggered unit moved every second in the target way, the unit got a fast 2-3 dmg Phoenix fire. Unit model is a lightninhg ball like Far Seers projectile Art.

-Rubber Grenade:
Use the Crazy Grenade spell on this site :)

-Flaming Glove (item): when used, it turns you moveseep max, removes attack, but gives you a permanent immolation that also hits you. YOU ARE BURNING!! if you run into another guy, he starts burn too ! also, a tree will burn if running into it, but ofc, i'll respawn :)

now for some modes :)

-Darkmode (inspired from my Sniper Arena map mode by Ketila)
Turns everything black, both sky and wheather, a few unselect able torches that grants vision are scattered around the map :)

-Brightstart mode
veeeryyyyy thick white fog effect over the world :p

-Arrow Mode
use arrowkeys to walk (maybe this should be added as not a mode, but then arrowmode turns off normal movement)

-retard mode
inverted arrowkey movements, etc pressing right make you turn to left, pressing down make you go forward :p

-Overgrowth
looooaaaadSSSsss of treeeezzz :p

-forest fire
all trees are burning, walking to near them make you loose life :)

-nuclear assistance
all paintball players are using nuclear wepons (this turn into a war :))
AoE damage, but dodgeable

-bunny mode
turns on arrow mode, but you jump when you would move forward :O moving backwards are either disabled or changed to backwards jump

thats all for now, i might come up whit more, but i think you got enough for next 8 versions :)

Level 11
alot of them could be like something host types with a hyphen before so it's just funny things, not rly actuall modes. Also instead of double postin edit first message, lol. May prevent -rep in the future.

Level 10
Well, Rakdos I knew that, but this way nobody would notice. Anyway, I will try doing this in the future!

Lord of sausage,
I like your ideas, but epect them to be added in the future, not all of them, and not all together!

-Rubber grenade: I have an item like waht you suggest - cluster grenade (but I think this one is better so I may give this a look and maybe add it)!
-Flaming glove: good idea, but maybe some way different. Maybea suicide mode in this place using only kaboom as skill! Maybe good! The ultra speed thing exists as a mode already! So better not add this kind of thing!]\
-Black Mode: Good, but will takem e some time. And also I don't know if this will make the map lag like hell, as it did in some other modes earlier (I never posted one alike this, but this one may work or have no bugs)!
-White fog mode: PERFECT! Can you tell me what fog density is the best to use, so that the visibility is ok? And maybe I will add a trigger for player 1 to change thefog to any color he/she wants (to make it a little funny)!
-Arrowmode: Arrow keys work already normally! Try using them and you'll see! (Not very useful as you can move using the mouse easier!)
-Retard mode: I don't like it!
-Overgrowth: Sounds good, but maybe it will lag. I am gonna check it out!
-Fire: Hmmm, seems to sound like my armaggedon mode, so I will add this to that mode soon! (I always wanted something more in this mode but I never kenw what!)
-Nuclear: Nice and easy. Maybe I can add this as an item and make it reduce your movespeed, but make you very strong (1 hit = 1 kill)!
-Bunny: could you make it a little more clear? Anyway, I can make an arabian mode, using only jump and magic carpets to make it a little funny!

I was planning to add some more things, like powerups and so! I am not sure if I will do this. I will also make some new items, can you give me links for attackments that may fit the tinker model? Also I thought of chaning the beasts in beast mode and change them to the Skeletal Child model!!! Tell me what do you think of it!

Thx for the ideas and the feedback!

P.S Lord_of_Sausage i will give ya some +rep for this! Thx a lot man!

Level 4
You could add events into it.

Like randomly lights start flashing, music starts playing, and the goblins start doing a dancing animation. (Hmm i might use that, :p)

Or instead of making them modes make darkness, overgrowth and forest fire events.

Level 10
Well, guys I want to make an announcement: The project was closed for a while, cause I had some serious review tests at school and just started playing WoW the previous week, but I AM BACK AGAIN ON IT! I will make a new version with some noticeable changes, but the whole map can't take any more improvements cause it will be confusing and need much time to start. I will make some new modes, new items and make some easier or harder modes for pros. I need someone to make the AI script for me, because the one I have right now is the basic one and can't use any weapon. And some more ideas to make this update a major one?

Thx for the support guys! I am very happy that you like my map and that you want a new version coming.

P.S.: If someone wants to make the AI for me, just tell me in this thread. Credits and rep included!

Status
Not open for further replies.