• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Beta] Shadow's Paintball War (Ignore the name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people cringe when they hear of another paintball map in existence.. most of them are saddening and disheartening and just plain bad..

One day, I was bored online in a chat channel with a few friends from my former clan, and they were discussing how it would be awesome to make a paintball map that revolved around an item system for casting, so you could have different guns etc.

So after a bit of work, I got together and beta tested with tons of people on Bnet, and this is the result, Shadow's Paintball War, the map needs a name revamp badly but this is what I'm sitting on for now.

Please note, its still beta phase but heres what the map consists of.

Your paintball warrior is a hero, he can gain levels and use them in 5 unique abilities. Your mana is your current "Paint" reserves, in this future of paintball, your own body armor feeds paint throughout your suit in a vein network, linking with your gun, your gun then materializes the paintballs using highly compressed liquid nitrogen as they enter the barrel. (Paint can be reloaded on the field through purchasable vials/potions, or at your base or shop, using a paintball dispenser and then loaded into your hopper on the back of your suit)

Combat system:
Your heroes run like basic Warcraft 3 units (currently there have been talks of restricting your camera to your unit only, so that way cameras work more like an extended minimap and rough estimate) your gun firing system works slightly differently. Note: You must have a working numpad to play this, a click style player is still deadly, but I've really only met one that could play on par with a numpad player. Your gun is in slot 7 (Numpad 7) at start, you can move it as you please. Firing your gun consumes paint, amounts depend on the gun your using, opposing players get "tagged" when they are hit, one hit and your out, you'll re-enter the arena within a pre-determined time after you've been tagged.

Abilities your hero can get.

Adrenaline Rush (Active) - Allows your hero to gain a boost of speed for a few seconds, each level increases run speed.

Teamwork (Passive) - Increases the runspeed of nearby allies by a small amount, this buff does not affect the caster. Each level increases amount.

Sneak (Active) - By lightening the amount of paint circulating through your suit, your hero can sneak around for a few seconds. Each level increases paint dropped but increases duration.

Dummy (Active) - Using newly developed projectors you can create an image that looks identical to you. Warning: Uses up paint in the process to make the suit more lifelike. Each level increases the amount of dummies you can make and increases cost (Levelup effect under scrutiny)

Paint Stealing (Active) - Allows you to connect a special silent vacuum into your opponents hopper, stealing paint from their system. Best used in conjunction with Sneak. Each level increases paint stolen over time.

Items and Weapons
There are currently ~47 items in this map available for purchase, they range from books that teach you how to tie your shoes (increasing running speed), to smoke bombs and paint grenades. 12 different classes of guns are available to you also, allowing you to swap out for a gun that suits your playing style.

Do you enjoy expending all your paint at once spraying down an area? Do you think running and dropping cameras in the arena that allow you to snipe from across the place suits your play style? Or does a flat out "If it moves shoot it" approach apply to you? Whichever you please, theres a gun for you.

Game Modes
3 game modes make the game incredibly versatile. Game modes include basic Team Deathmatch, duke it out in the arena, tags are your only goal. Capture the Flag (This may be broken, I may have already fixed it as of recently, there was a bug regarding returning the flag, but as I said, I may have already fixed it) steal your opponents flag and run it to your base, and Warball, a ball spawns in the middle, take it, and run it to your opponent's base to score.

These games are unlimited, meaning, you play as long as you want, if someone's tired of playing, they just leave, simple as that.

Conclusion
This map is definitely based towards a multiplayer audience, there is not an AI in the game currently (would be nice eventually). This map has brought me and my friends hours of fun at many LAN parties and I hope to impart this onto you.

Excuse the opening credits, they are old and outdated and need a revamp.
(This map is old, I mean haven't editted it in like a year old)

Otherwise, enjoy.
~DB

Attachments

• ShadowsPaintballWar.w3x
    616.8 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.