• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Paintballing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I just wanna see how many people play paintballing. And if you do paintball talk about paintballing like what equipment you have. I just got a paintball gun not long ago. Its a Tipmann 98 custom with all the basic stufdf like 200 hopper, 8.5 inch barrel and 9 0z CO2 tank.

Level 5
Paintballing is sorta painfull. The head doesent matter because your wearing a mask. O but my first timed i played i was hiding behind cover with my head tilted up and this guy horizontal to me tht i didnt notice shot me in the neck. Damn tht hurtt. And I went paintballing yesterday and I was trying out my new gun. Iforgot to lower the velocity to 250 (reglation rules) and I had a game just with my freind and I shot him. I left a huige welt on the back of his leg and it was purple. My velocity was set to 300.

You think that is will be painful, but if you go out to a place where they give you all the masks and stuff then it's really fun. If you get hit then it hurts for like a minute then you just get a circular-shaped bruise wherever they hit you. It's like playing an FPS, but in real life.

Last edited:
Level 5
ya but its just that i like the off topic threads. And so I dont go off topic with this one my CO2 tank lost a lot of gas when my dad tried to take it off. It put ice chunks on his hand litterly. Turns out im suposte to oil it everytime I take it off or put it on.

Level 36
I've been paintballing before. Rented a gun and went with a few friends. They don't really hurt that much, but they sting like a bitch. It stings for a good couple minutes but then after that it just bruises hardcore. I got hit right smack in the bicep and it welted for about 2 weeks.

Also, I wouldn't be so careless about the head. Remember the mask only protects your face, the rest of your head is fair game. Once a paintball just grazed the top of my head. I got a bit of paint in my hair and it stung really badly too. I also got hit in the elbow, but thank god I had pads on, luckily I didn't feel it at all.

Level 21
well....be stings do realy really hurt sometimes.....

someones stinging can be considered as extreem pressure which causes the nerves to give a sensation similar to paint, similar to one of those horrible itches that start to hurt when you dont scratch them. there are acutally different nerves which feel the pain we are used to.

Level 8
I know this thread is old, but I thought I would reply anyway. My freinds and I all play at least 3 times a month. Almost all of us have guns. I personally use a Tipmann A5 with almost all the upgrades you can buy for it. We play woodsball, as there aren't any fields where I live. We are pretty good. Shame there aren't any teams around here.

Level 36
Toys? Most of them shoot at higher velocities then paintball anyway. Where paintballs only go like can only go 300, some airsofts get upped to 800 or 900. If anything feels unrealistic, I'd say its paintball guns. If you stand back and compare a tokyomaru gun to a real gun, you can't tell the difference from a few feet away. They're designed to look and feel exactly like the real guns that tehy are ased on. Paintball guns are meant to shoot paintbals.... wow...

Level 8
Well, the reason that painball guns shoot at 300fps is that higher velocities will break you. A freind of mine was an idiot and cranked his up really high one game. I think we all still have scars from the welts we got. A good quality paintball gun can go easily to 800 or 900. You're right about the good quality airsoftguns, they are quite nice. But most of the guns I see around are very squirtgun-ish in appearance. When I think about holding a paintball gun, a real assault rifle, and an airsoft gun, the weight of the paintball gun makes it feel more realistic.

Level 8
Not sure about in pounds, but a paintball gun can run you anywhere from$50 (crappy) $200-300 (decent) $500+ (insane). Paintballs go for $30 to $60 per case (2000 rounds).

Level 6
nvm find prices.

Half Day Private-(No lunch) £15.00 Half Day Private-(No lunch), 11.30 start, all equipment with 100 paintball per person

Half Day Corpral (No lunch) £23.50 Half Day Corpral (No lunch), 11.30 start, all equipment with 200 paintball per person

Half Day Sergant-(No lunch) £35.00 Half Day Sergant-(No lunch), 11.30 start, all equipment with 500 paintball per person

Half Day Rambo-(No lunch) £55.00 Half Day Rambo-(No lunch), 11.30 start, all equipment with 1000 paintball per person

Thinking off buying this paintball Gun :
Click Me

Level 36
Well, the reason that painball guns shoot at 300fps is that higher velocities will break you. A freind of mine was an idiot and cranked his up really high one game. I think we all still have scars from the welts we got. A good quality paintball gun can go easily to 800 or 900. You're right about the good quality airsoftguns, they are quite nice. But most of the guns I see around are very squirtgun-ish in appearance. When I think about holding a paintball gun, a real assault rifle, and an airsoft gun, the weight of the paintball gun makes it feel more realistic.

That is true. Taking a paintball at 800 fps wouldn't be fun :eekani:

The guns your seeing though, are just very cheap spring-action ones... there are even good ones, actually. For like $60 you can get a Beretta pistol airsoft, and the thing looks great.

Level 8
The guns your seeing though, are just very cheap spring-action ones... there are even good ones, actually. For like $60 you can get a Beretta pistol airsoft, and the thing looks great.
That would explain it. The airsoft pistols we play with cost about $5 each.

Level 5
This thread isnt that old. I made it in the month of June so ya. Im glad some1 brought this topic back up because i thought it was dead. Tipmann A5s are pretty good guns. I used one of them before. I perfer the tipmann X7 though because its really flexible in custimazation. Theres so many parts for it. You can even make it look like an AK-47. Its just that im 14 and dont have a job because its hard to get one at my age and i dont have alot of money and thats why i had to stick with the basic 98 custom. Im plannin on working on a fram this summer that pays good and tricking it out.

Level 36
See the wonderful thing about Airsoft is that you can buy replica airsoft AK47's. I mean guns specifically designed to be the airsoft counterparts. Tehy're $300+, but you can't tell the difference. That's why you have to be 18+ in Canada to own or use an airsoft rifle, and you can only use them on private land, etc, because they are almost indistinguishable (anyone who doesn't play airsoft, glances it, or doesn't know much about guns would not be able to tell the difference and would think that it's real) so they have to be controlled.

Mind you the same thing happens when people get out with their paintball guns in public....

Level 8
Yeah the X7 is an amazing gun, but I'll stick with my A5. It gives me all the functionality I need, and it still looks pretty badass when it's got all its part on.

Status
Not open for further replies.