• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Timing of Special Effects on Attacked Unit (need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm trying to make a special effect to play on a unit after it is hit by a missile. Problem is that I don't know how to time it such that the effects will occur exactly on impact.
It cannot be done simply with "event-unit is attacked" then "action-create special effect on attacked unit" since the "unit is attacked" event refers to the time the missile is launched and not when it actually hits the unit. What happens is that the special effect occurs when the missile has not yet hit the target. You can't just put a constant wait time since it will depend on the speed of the missile and the distance.
So how do you make the computation for the delay based on those? :con:
If possible, a non-JASS solution...

Level 3
Well , I will advice to add a ability to the unit .
The ability is base on lighting attack (Located at Night Elf -> Units) .

lightingattackgl1.jpg

To create the effect you describe , change the Art - Target into the effect you want to .
But the weakness of this is the effect you made will moving follow the unit you attack.
Remember to set Data - Graphic Delay and Data Graphic Duration to 0 .
It is use for lighting effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.