• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Timbermaw Hold(lotr version)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Theoden[KoMe] presents:

My first alterned melee map.I should take your congratulations cause i made it with roc editor(tft is down.... for me...)

Any way,I was playing a bad version of Garden of war map with human and orc race modified to lotr style.This is when i took the idea.I modified all 4 races but with wrc3 existing models.

So here is what i did:
Humans----->Rohan
Orcs-------->Orcs of Isenguard
Undead----->Mordor Orcs
Night Elfs--->Elfs of M.E.

M.E.=Middle-Earth for those that don't know

Al players is supported.Playing this on tft will be a problem cause of tft units that contains.If you really want to play this map do it by roc .

If anyone whats to edit this map DONT DO IT without my permission.

Note:I made it in like 2 hours...And i tested all 4 races vs comp players.It was kinda fun :p
Keywords:
Lotr,theoden,alterned,melee,rohan,mordor,orcs,elfs,Lord
Contents

Timbermaw Hold(lotr version) (Map)

Reviews
19:20, 17th Aug 2013 Orcnet: AgentAAA's review:

M

19:20, 17th Aug 2013
Orcnet: AgentAAA's review:

AgentAAA;2392430 said:
sorry, but I have to give this a 2/5.
upon playing this with a friend - rohan and elves vs. Mordor and isengard for the cool factor - I found this game to be very... underwhelming.
I was playing Rohan in the test, and for the most part found very little different from existing human notion. Rohirrim footmen were footmen, Rohirrim Archers were riflemen right down to the upgrade being titled "long rifles", and Rohirrim were knights - the Rohirrim captain was definitely an interesting addition, but the fact they were classified (I assume incorrectly) as mechanical made them hard to keep healed. Overall, it felt like a model-swapped Human race with a couple bells and whistles attached.

as I didn't play either orc faction, but did fight against them early-game to late-game, I must say they didn't feel very different either. The elf warrior changed the early-game meta a bit, and the Rohirrim warrior added a nifty support aura that could be useful late-game, but overall I feel like I would have gotten the same enjoyment out of a regular melee map.

Additionally, and I feel this also harmed the map, there was definitely a need to retitle abilities, change voicing, and fix portraits (One of the night elven portraits was bugged according to my ally and the Rohan "Catapult" showed random different animations in it's portrait when clicked on). It just doesn't feel polished or finished, and as a result doesn't feel like it's Hiveworkshop quality to me.

Level 7
This is a simple Meleemap with changed names and models of the units and buildings.

I wish me at least LotR-based models and maybe a LotR-liked Interface and LotR-liked voices. But for now, i dont think anyone want really play this and its not enough for a approved position.

Greetz, The_New_Divide

Level 5
i respect your judgement.But when all you have is an idea and the oldest version of the roc editor dont expect me to make wrc4 and call it rubbish then.An alteren melee means new races different from the starting ones i mean common ones.I made 4 new and i tried to have comp players support too.This is what altern melee means.I dont have to import nothing if i dont like so.Also i made this for fun in 2 hours and playing vs comp at the insane lvl makes it very interesting.if you have opened the editor and just saw that i customized the wxisting models and you havent played it at all dont even bother me and tell me that my map is bad.

Level 7
i have not sayed, its a bad map. I´ll just sayed, thats i think this map will not come in the approved sector, becouz its too simple to make for everybody. I have look at your other maps and see you have upload greater maps with much more working.

BTW, i´ll find the idea beyond this not bad(Simply melee with other optic). See at my last post.

if you have opened the editor and just saw that i customized the wxisting models
This is true xD... I´ll try it now but i didn´t think it´s will change my opinion.

Level 7
I correct me, i remember, thats impossible with the ROC-Editor to import models or change interface. But my opinion is the same. I see now, you have changed some(But very less) contents. But, ROC true or untrue, its to less for a altered melee map.

I know its with ROC-Editor hard to make this typ of maps. But see at some scbw-map(altered starcraft), its not possible.

Greetz, The_New_Divide

Level 2
sorry, but I have to give this a 2/5.
upon playing this with a friend - rohan and elves vs. Mordor and isengard for the cool factor - I found this game to be very... underwhelming.
I was playing Rohan in the test, and for the most part found very little different from existing human notion. Rohirrim footmen were footmen, Rohirrim Archers were riflemen right down to the upgrade being titled "long rifles", and Rohirrim were knights - the Rohirrim captain was definitely an interesting addition, but the fact they were classified (I assume incorrectly) as mechanical made them hard to keep healed. Overall, it felt like a model-swapped Human race with a couple bells and whistles attached.

as I didn't play either orc faction, but did fight against them early-game to late-game, I must say they didn't feel very different either. The elf warrior changed the early-game meta a bit, and the Rohirrim warrior added a nifty support aura that could be useful late-game, but overall I feel like I would have gotten the same enjoyment out of a regular melee map.

Additionally, and I feel this also harmed the map, there was definitely a need to retitle abilities, change voicing, and fix portraits (One of the night elven portraits was bugged according to my ally and the Rohan "Catapult" showed random different animations in it's portrait when clicked on). It just doesn't feel polished or finished, and as a result doesn't feel like it's Hiveworkshop quality to me.

Level 3
Hi. SCN said I should review this because he is eating strawberries with melted Nuttela.

I give this 3/5 stars. Not much stuff different from regular melee maps.

Could've picked better models. Also should've worked on it more than 2 hours because that's not long.

That's about it.