• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Tides of Darkness : Sacred Resistance beta test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello Hive.
Today I'm gonna present you the Tides of Darkness : Sacred Resistance.
It is a Hero defense map with some RPG style features like : a lot of quests, unlockables, secrets, bosses, items and etc.

The game has 3 modes and 5 difficulties :

Rise Mode : After defeating 30 waves of creeps and bosses , you have to go for quests in different regions and fight with bosses.

Run Mode : You have to defend the city until the people escape with ships, then you can run away too.

Reverse Mode : In this special mode, instead of defending you will play the role of dark forces and assault the city with your waves, you must crush the city to win.

Shop Between more than 40 basic items and combine them into more than 30 advanced items and some legendary items that are specified for their own heroes.

Enjoy 2 special events and 2 minigames if you are in light side or one special event if you are on dark side.

Try to find many secrets of the game and complete quests and some secret ways to gain unlockable codes.

There are 5 types of Waves :

1) Attacker : which comes in 3 types of melee, ranged and flying
2) Caster : which has its specific ability to cast
3) Tank : which has high durability and low damage
4) Random Number : which will come in random numbers like a number between 1-125
5) Boss : each boss has its own abilities and spell

Enjoy the different regions of the map like : Jungle, White City, Frost Mountain, Deep Cave, Inferno Lands etc. Each region has its own features (for example in frost mountain the snow will slow you)

Normal Heroes character are fully created by me but some of unlockable heroes are from other games.
Some heroes included in Beta test are : Dante, Nero, Vergil (from Devil May Cry) , Sargeras ,Shadowy Shadow, Lunar Assassin , Queen of the Ocean, etc.

Each hero has 3 basic abilities that can be upgraded to level 4, one ultimate which is unlocked at level 6 and can be upgraded to level 3 at level 11 and level 16 and also one Master ability which is unlocked at level 25.

The game will have about 80 heroes (including unlockables and secret heroes) in completed map but for beta test there are 14 available (2 normal heroes, 1 secret hero and 11 unlockables) which are all unlocked and ready to play for beta testing.(Heroes in the small rect are unlockable ones)

Q: Why single player?
A: Because these days there are not a lot of players for WC3 specially player's who play new maps. so if a map requires multiplayer, these days it has very low chance of having even 1 player. BTW if I see requests for a multiplayer version, I will update and make it a multiplayer.

Q : Why the size is so big?
A : This map uses ultra quality models because I care so much for visual effects and details (you can see lanterns are off in day but on at night, this shows how much I care for good looking feature) so this models and Icons will make map high size but, don't worry there will be a LQ version of the map which is exactly the same map but uses low quality (aka warcraftish) models with a size below 10 MB. And these 2 LQ - HQ versions will be uploaded at the same time.

Q: Why I see LQ models in this map?
A: This is a beta test, so I didn't want to make it so big that no one tests it. after beta test and completing the map by having testers opinions, all hero models will be replace with HQ ones. about creeps , buildings and doodad? it depends on how big it becomes after HQ heroes.

Q:Why only 14 Heroes for beta?
A:Because its enough for showing the basics and gameplay of the map thus it won't make it too big.Also I want to hear opinions about this and make changes based on feedbacks.

Q: Where are the credits?
A: I shall say there are too many people that I used their products, so the credit would be so long to write here for beta testers. But I'm not a thief, when you finish the map , the credits will come one after another like the end of a movie or a pc game. I think this style of showing credits is better and more beautiful.

P.S : about the name, I shall say , it has no relations to Warcraft 2 or any other thing with name tides of darkness, I didn't even know such games or account with this name exist, I just thought about a good name and I came up with this.

PS 2: as you can see with the style of the name, this map is a part of a collection. Tides of Darkness series, the next game may be a RPG or Campaign or AoE but only there are interests in playing wc3 anymore. So feel free to tell me if you want me to update this map, create other parts of this series or get lost and never post anything again! I really care about feedbacks.

I request your suggestions for making this map better and more interesting to you, so please give me your feedbacks here or at the email : [email protected]

In the end I shall say, if you enjoyed maps like : X hero siege or Moo Generation X, you will definitely love this one.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg