• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[THW Terraining Challenges] Challenge #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
2iabrwk.jpg

Challenge #3 - Underwater World

The fourth Terraining Challenge brings along an elemental theme, more specifically: The element of water. This time, we will visit the underwater world

For this challenge, go crazy and design the most epic underwater castle for your goldfish, craft the lost city of atlantis or just go for the beautiful underwater but naga-infested maelstrom of eternal churning rage!
Inspiration

Some inspiration:

k1s3dy.jpg

264szs2.jpg

Rules:

• Your terrain must be set in an underwater atmosphere
  • When commenting on somebody elses terrain, be constructive; otherwise, don't bother posting at all
  • Only one entry is allowed.
  • You are allowed to use custom resources as long as they are available to the public for download.

Date:

This Challenge will start October 11 and conclude October 25

Good luck to you all, I hope to see many entries. If you have any ideas, questions or sugestions for the challenge, please go here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/terraining-mini-challenge-142949/

Level 9
(Atlantis wannabe)
oh well is interesting, maybe someday i will participate more on the hive, (when i have a new computer, not a crap of 2002)

anyway i notice that goldy terrainers are dissapearing and this should put some to the test some guys.

Good luck!
Bye

Level 18
umm not to burst any bubbles but....

this has been done...i dont know if you will see any outstanding ones.

but the idea none the less is good.

and TBH, i think the reason terraniers are disappearing, or not coming up with better terrains is because the UTM is becoming Outdated. the New Rocks that we keep seeing are just one of many marvelous models that are being put to full use =/

Level 13
lol death will u be in this contest? Also yes this theme has bin done but it sometimes hard 2 come up with a original fun and everybody knows about idea.

Level 12
Here's my entry. I'll probably update it based on whatever criticism I get, but for right now it is what it is.

Without further ado, I give you the Reef Observatory!

Attachments

• Reef Observatory1.png
    Reef Observatory1.png
    830.8 KB · Views: 1,409
Level 6
Change the angle of the camera because its should be better whit a entiere view of the barrel and other wood part. And remplace the grass by another model.

Level 7
There is still some time left for the challenge, usually I judge the entries monday morning because the challenge runs until 00:00 today (GMT)

I really like the entries so far, atm I just want to comment on Nan0's entry. The Naga statue is really creative, some parts of the terrain are really detailed and it looks quite pretty. However, some parts remain unfinished. The unfinished parts are obviously the left and right edge of the terrain, I sugest you add something there and put some last work into the details.

---

This funny avatar is a ''fsjal''. Google it, you should get a template you can edit yourself ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.