• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW SC2 Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
In short: I'm going to be hosting a 1v1 melee tournament between various members of THW on the Starcraft II beta.

Anyone can sign up; matches will be best out of 3 and the finals will be best out of 5. Additionally, because I happen to have an extra beta key, I am willing to loan out a second B.net account so that people on the NA server can play against players from the EU server. Since I don't really use this account anyways, wouldn't really be too cut up if it got stolen, though that would be slightly annoying.

Anyways, post in this thread if you want to participate. It will probably occur over a few days sometime between now and when the beta ends (the 19th). Also, if you could provide information on what times you would be able to play and such, would be nice, as I suspect we will have people from all sorts of different time zones.

If you are on the NA or Asia server and want to participate, download this file. EU players who want to participate should add my account (fernsauce, charcode 236) to their friends to help in organizing games.

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Wish I had time, but I don't. Good luck everyone!

Level 11
Hasn't THW hosted Wc3 melee tournaments? If so, why not make this an official THW contest? That would definitely attract more people.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking, only it would probably be better to do it when the game isn't a closed beta.

also; making it an official contest would probably help for the number of entrants a lot, especially if we can have prizes and that kind of shit. :eek:

Level 11
Alternatively, there could be an NA tournament and a EU tournament, and the winners face each other later once cross-realm is implemented?
Nah. Things could change significantly in the time it takes between when the winners of the tournaments win and when they actually get to face each other. IMO, we should just wait till they implement cross-realm to have a tournament with both European and American players.

Level 6
I would like to participate. Also I can livestream some of the matches, if that is needed. I might buy premium livestream quality for the finals.

But when is this tournament taking place?
Information:
Foopad.757, Europe, GMT +2, Weekends are the days I prefer to battle.

Last edited:
Level 20
Yes I'm planning to have a round deadline but I'm not sure how long it should be. 1 round per week sounds definitely possible.

I don't know the CraftCup rules, I just pulled 2 minutes out of my ass. 3 minutes sounds good too, though. I'd have to time really silly stuff like cannon rushes, 6pools, etc.

And yes, only the semis will be bo3 because I don't think we'll get that many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.