• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Through Snow and Ice 2.1 Beta version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
TSI
This is an altered melee map which includes
  • several custom heroes for each 4 basic races
  • customised units
  • lots of imported models, icons amd skins
  • fixed icecrown terrain with lots of doodads and textures
  • fixed spells
I would like you to test my map, please, and tell me if i have to make any changes and you are feel free to post here your suggestions. Please tell me also if are any leaks or bugs in my triggers and how to fix them.
All suggestions and critisism are welcome.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Attachments

• Through Snow and Ice v.2.1.w3x
    7 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Level 2
I see, from my brief tests that some tooltips (especially the new heroes') haven't been changed, and that the changes made to the game aren't very interesting for me... (e.g., skeletons instead of abominations? druidess?)... I guess I'm just not used to them...

Level 2
Well, I also think the model changes for the default unit is also a break with the WC3 cannon, so that might be a problem for those diehard fans (I'm not one of them...)

And I think all of the new units should be on another building, not changing the default units...

Level 29
i saw your map

question? the terrain is yours, because even if is not yours , it will be judged.
there is when i use the proverv a melee should be approved as melee and then upgraded to altered melee.

-i found a melee unorthodox thing, is no good that the neutral buildings be to near each other, Creeps shouldnt be so near, and also you have to put them in camp mode.

-The tittle,
start with a preposition is not very nice, i made the same mistake in one of my maps, the first word should be atractive.Snow and Ice alone is more nice than the other Through Snow and Ice
also the rule of short and good twice as good.
Is like the preposition steals the Snow and Ice protagonism.

do you want some recomendations for beta test. I did tests in my melee maps so altered melee is the same way

i test 3 ways

1)All in the same team
this allows me to see if the AI expands well to all the gold mines and if is balanced the expantion of all races in optimal conditions wich means no war

2)Team battles
this is for see, if there are races with better game play than others, for example Human and orcs maybe wins against humans and nigth elves
AI usually figths in teams, also they maybe go to the creeps in teams

3)Free for all
this, allow me to see the individual development of the races, is offen to see, a race lose faster than others, that could be the luck or terrain and other variables in game

hope my comments helps

screen with the melee not good issue

Screenshots
[tr]
qv0.png
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Level 15
i saw your map

question? the terrain is yours, because even if is not yours , it will be judged.
there is when i use the proverv a melee should be approved as melee and then upgraded to altered melee.

-i found a melee unorthodox thing, is no good that the neutral buildings be to near each other, Creeps shouldnt be so near, and also you have to put them in camp mode.

-The tittle,
start with a preposition is not very nice, i made the same mistake in one of my maps, the first word should be atractive.Snow and Ice alone is more nice than the other Through Snow and Ice
also the rule of short and good twice as good.
Is like the preposition steals the Snow and Ice protagonism.

do you want some recomendations for beta test. I did tests in my melee maps so altered melee is the same way

i test 3 ways

1)All in the same team
this allows me to see if the AI expands well to all the gold mines and if is balanced the expantion of all races in optimal conditions wich means no war

2)Team battles
this is for see, if there are races with better game play than others, for example Human and orcs maybe wins against humans and nigth elves
AI usually figths in teams not only in battles, also they maybe go to the creeps in teams

3)Free for all
this, allow me to see the individual development of the races, is offen to see, a race lose faster than others, that could be the luck or terrain and other variables in game

hope my comments helps

screen with the melee not good issue

Screenshots
[tr]
qv0.png
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Many thanks for your kind review, abgm. :thumbs_up:

I will delete the goblin shop frm the middle and place it somewhere else.
And i am going to fix the creeps, set their range to camp mode, and move them a bit further. Could you point out a place where they are too close to the base?

But i will not change the name of my map, sorry. My map's name is this for more than 2 years now.
I will make the night elf race to hold out longer, and be stronger.

Yes, it would be good if you do some more beta tests, giving suggestions aobut he gameplay.
So i am grateful that you told me these things about my map. :wink:

Level 15
Thanks, I was developing it for a long time because i have been busy with studying till June. But know i can work on it. :thumbs_up:
So the changes are:

• I modified he terrain very much, made the bridges wider, placed more doodads, and removed the unnecessary trees.
    I also textured the terrain so it isn't plain now.
  • Some units now have a different model and name, and i am going to make custom upgrades and abilities for them. i have already made a custom mass upgrade for the orc trolls, and for the stronger orc units. I might do this with other heroes.
  • I fixed all of the improited spells, debugged them so they arenow working properly. I also set some nice icons for them. I replaced the fire ignitation spell with the blaze, because the fre spell was lagging too much.
  • I aslo fixed the creep camps, and placed them a bit furhter from the bases.
  • I changed the loading screen but i am going to make a better one.
  • I am planning to make a perfect description for this map. i need to collect the credits for all of the resources.
If you have any suggestions I would be grateful. My map may be updated till July.

Status
Not open for further replies.