• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The war of Heroes 1.3b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
1.3b
The terrain is totally different.
Small Bugs are fixed.
Spells Fixed.

1.3a
Fixed creeps again
Spells are fixed
Timer "Back to shop" is shorter.

This is 1.3a cuse the map is not quite clear, my friend will do coustom spells to it. Because it takes so long will I let out a taste of the new 1.3 :)

This is 1.3a cuse is

Fixed creeps (again)
The shop-move-bug is fixed
One camera bug Fixed
(plans for next ver, special spell for each hero. Change spells for some heroes, add 'Exoticts' spells)

When picking hero's, the dailog box is blocking the last hero. - FIxed
Creeps are to strong when playing with one player only. - Fixed
Creeps are too weak when playing with 8 - Fixed
Too much time between 'waves of creeps' 8 - Fixed

Finally is it done, after a month's of hard work.

You have 6 heroes to choose from.
Many Items
Tomes
And much much more

-----------------------------------

Made by: Sebbestuffa

Thanks to:
Warhunter - he helped me with pictures
Callahan - The "Running Bonus" or The "Running Coin"

And please, tell me if you find any bugs or have any suggestions, I will try to fix it.

Protected

Keywords:
Hero, map, hero map, duell, hero duell, arena, hero arena, creeps, shop, shops, items, sebbestuffa, warhunter
Contents

The war of Heroes 1.3b (Map)

Reviews
15:45, 29th Jan 2009 Rui: This map has received 3 votes for rejection. Its status have thus been set to [highlight]Rejected[/code]. Use our partner, EpicWar, to keep your map up. But please do not submit it on the Hive again, until the feedback on...

M

15:45, 29th Jan 2009
Rui:
This map has received 3 votes for rejection. Its status have thus been set to [highlight]Rejected[/code].
Use our partner, EpicWar, to keep your map up. But please do not submit it on the Hive again, until the feedback on your map becomes positive.

P.S. – You can always create a thread on our Map Development forum and attach your map to it. There is no guarantee that it will be commented upon, but that's the only place the Hive will grant to you and your map. Make sure you read the Map Development forum guidelines before creating your thread.

Level 8
A bit dissapointing

Okay, i'll be perfectly honest with you...

Positive
  • Good camera work
  • Good hero ideas
  • Fun to play with 3-4 people

Negative
  • When picking hero's, the dailog box is blocking the last hero.
  • Creeps are to strong when playing with one player only.
  • Creeps are too weak when playing with 8
  • Too much time between 'waves of creeps'

Now for improvement advice:
  • Get more, 'exotic' like spells. Because that's what makes the people go AAhhh.... and Whooow....
  • Fix the above negative points. Maybe add a one player mode where he's way stronger.

Rating:
Right now, I'd give this 2/5... I'll wait till you fix those things, and then i'll give you the (possible) 5/5.

Level 5
Negative
  • When picking hero's, the dailog box is blocking the last hero.
  • Creeps are to strong when playing with one player only.
  • Creeps are too weak when playing with 8
  • Too much time between 'waves of creeps'

Thats is done now. Will uppdate soon

Now for improvement advice:
  • Get more, 'exotic' like spells. Because that's what makes the people go AAhhh.... and Whooow....
  • Fix the above negative points. Maybe add a one player mode where he's way stronger.

Im working on that now.

Level 3
hmmm... good idea and nive camera movement but there still are some things that should be changed...

- camera doesnt turn back if the player changes view by accidently touching the mousewheel
- 2nd and 3rd claws of attack positions are mixed
- "back to shop" timer is too long.
- first level in single player mode is dangerously boring - some people might quit before seeing next "level"
- "next level" if you can call it like this, is much too hard in single player.
- in my oppinion the dwarfs abilities are not matching with what people are expecting... (a dwarf is no druid! its a charakter of pure strengh :) (ever played an RPG or seen some fantasy Movies/Series? - ok ok there are "some" pen&paper games where dwarfs might have magic abilities but thats not what the "normal" WCIII players know/expect))

=============

try to fix the balancing: 1st wave more enemies, less hp - all other waves: less hp! Maybe you wont have to decrease the timer if you try this.
another important thing: what is the counter for in single player mode? after killing a bunch of enemies it showed 199... so it's not counting down the kills...
and like daredeamon said - check all abilities and maybe you should try some non-standard skills (there are a lot of spellpacks in the spell section)

Thats all :)

Last edited:
Level 8
Work in progress

Improvements:
  • You have removed the dialog box in the top right.
  • You've added 'ultimates'.

Unchanged:
  • A single player mode
  • Creep difficulty, depending on the number of players.
  • The timers' still too long. At least for one player.

To improve
  • All unchanged points
  • Change the tooltips of most items and just about all abilities
  • Make hero choosing more 'fancy'. Show stats of hero upon selection for example
  • Make sure the abilities fit the model, don't make it look like you just gave him random ones.
  • The dialog box shud come onto screen, as soon as all players picked their hero's.

Work a little more on these points.
If you can work a little more on these points (or fix all), and on other points that people give you. I'll give you u you're deserved 5/5. I cannot give you a 3/5 right now. I can see this map becoming fun. But u've gotta put some will in it.

I want to see more changes in the next update.
Because at this rate, we'll be on version 10.5 before we finally get to the end.

Level 5
To improve
  • All unchanged points
  • Change the tooltips of most items and just about all abilities
  • Make hero choosing more 'fancy'. Show stats of hero upon selection for example
  • Make sure the abilities fit the model, don't make it look like you just gave him random ones.
  • The dialog box shud come onto screen, as soon as all players picked their hero's.

Im working on it, the creeps are fixed now. Easy in the start and harder in the end. The timer is shorter, and my friend will fix cool custom Spells. Right now im working with the spells, items soon.
Just wait, soon will i release the 1.3 ^^

Level 18
Here is my rating and comment:

1 - 10 points go on originality
1 - 10 points go on object editor work
1 - 10 points go on scripting
1 - 10 points go on terrain
1 - 10 points go on bug free
1 - 10 points go on gameplay*/fun factor
1 - 10 points go on lag
1 - 10 points go on proper submission and crediting
-------------------------------------------------
->That equals 80 points max.
+ Cinematic
1 - 10 points on camera work
1 - 10 points on dialog
1 - 10 points on music and or voice acting
- Cinematic
Object editor work
* Not in cinematic
That equals 100 points max.
To get a Hive grade over 1/5 at least 50% of the 80 (Triggered map) or of the 100 (Cinematic map) points is needed. That means at least 40 or 50 points. However if a map gets rated over 1/5 by me, that doesn't mean that I will imidietly vote it to be approved.

Originality: 1 point
A hero arena with nothing original what so ever.

Object editor work: 2 points
You basicly changed icons for a few normal warcraft spells.

Scripting: 3 points
The map was protected so I couldn't look into it, but the camera thing was done in a bad manner.

Terrain: 2 points
The terrain was done very bad. Boring, mostly plain.

Bug Free: 7 points
Well it kinda did work fine.

Gameplay/Fun Factor: 2 points
No original spells make it boring, as well as boring warcraft heroes and items.

Lag: 9 points
No ingame lag, decent loading time.

Proper submission and crediting: 1 point
Images, mention the map is protected.

In overall: 29 / 80
36%
minimal 50% not met.
For the hive grade: 1/5 I suggest this map for: Rejection
In overall it is just another Hero arena that hasn't got anything in it. I suggest you rework this map from the beggining and taking a look into better hero arenas. You need much improvements, like terrain, heroes and gameplay.

Good Luck in improving, bounty hunter2
I might not be checking this topic for some time. If you have any questions about the review or you update the map and want me to check it again, feel free to PM me or Visitor message me at any time.

Level 21
Here is my review.
-abilities are same with different icon and icons didn't have fixed position.Thorn Aura has Vampire Aura icon but Thorn buff.
And also blademasters ultimate ability doesn't work.When he splits in to 3 pandas they disappear.Mountain king has far sight ability which I useless...Overall very bad-1/5
-Terrain was boring and almost 3/4 weren't use-1/5
-It was boring only footman were attacking me.-2/5
-items were good apart for glyphs.Why would someone need glyph of fortification when you don't have buildings?3/5
-triggers were the only thing that worked good. 5/5
-You didn't give credit for running coin model that you used.1/5
I belive this map needs to be redone or Rejected

Level 31
1) There is a typo error on it, 1 of it would be duel been mistype as duell.
2) No quest log to give further detail about it, just about kill kill and kill.
3) Hero selection doesn't give any detail about the hero and their ability.
4) Some ability hotkey doesn't show up such as Novice Hunter.
5) Some ability have their name clash, it written Novice Hunter at learn ability and Water Minion at ability.
6) Some hotkey clash with one another or being invalid.
7) Poorly develop terrain.

Rating was 1/5 and mini moderator vote was REJECTED

Level 5
I forget the running coin... Remember that the map is far from done, the terrain is fixed for 1.3b now, new fresh spells are on, a rebuild on arena, more forms of creeps... Just keep that in your min ^^

Just waiting for spells, then will you all see a new "War of Heroes" ^^

There is actually another typo error "shosen".I have shosen Blademaster.
And if you check blademaster last ability you would notice that hero is gone and there are no 3 parts of him to use.

What do you mean?? for me there is no problem with the Blademaster :S