• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Unfinished Project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I made an AoS nearly a year ago now. Unfortunately it never got past the Alpha stage...hell it never even got that far. I made 24 heroes, plus a few others that I hit with the butcher's axe halfway through production. Each hero has five fully triggered abilities, each unique and many unseen in a Warcraft III game...to my knowledge anyways.

I spent months...hell almost a year on this and I thought Starcraft II was coming out sooner and would cut off any hope of people playing the map, so I stopped working on it. I've recently realized that Blizzard is taking their sweet time with Starcraft II and thought I'd pick it up again. I will include a general readme shortly detailing the maps heroes. Unfortunately, I am an idiot and failed horrendously at commenting my triggers, so I doubt anybody else will be able to make heads or tails of what I've done so far. A lot of the tooltips are either not done or only partially done (although I'd say about half are completed), which just makes it harder for people to figure out what I've done.

Basically, I want somebody to either terrain or go through the map's triggers and debug anything they find that could hinder the experience (memory leaks, abilities that could produce bizarre effects when combined, etc;) so I can finish it off. The heroes are done except for balancing, artistic tweaking, and tooltips. The game types are working, but rough around the edges, untested, and lack proper multiboards.

Personally, I think this game is a gem if somebody can help me in showing it a little nurture. Terraining is at least partially done for two of the three maps I originally planned for. Heroes are completed except for the points I made above. Three game types have been incorporated...again, mostly done. Countless custom models have been imported or created by myself, though unfortunately no credits were rigged up before I dropped the project (I'm sure you could find the model creators on this site though). I made most of the models myself and every trigger, terrain feature, etc was all done by me.

The heroes in this game are fun. And I mean FUN, not just...oooo...look how much damage I do now....I honestly recommend trying the game if you have any interest at all, as it really can't be put into words, but in the readme I've given a rundown of the abilities for heroes (except the Shapeshifter). If you want to skip to the best this game has to offer, check the Master of the Northern Winds, the Spirit Beast, and all four/five Secret/Unlockable heroes.

Attachments

• Unfinished Project Readme.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.