• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The ultimate Idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
What Is it?
Thats why I have created a forum...
And a Hive Workshop group...

Post here if you have any good ideas...

Personally this is what I've discovered...
1) The Game Must Prove The differences Between 1337s and Noobs so people can see how much they've grown
-Good Example-Dota (You can get good at the game and be better)
2) THe Game Must Create A culture in which noobs are as accepted as 1337/Pro players
-Good Example-Spell Craft (Teh Combo For Serpent Ward is DSS)
-Bad Example-Dota (GTFO NOOB!)
3) The Game should have parts where people are working togethor against players, Free For all and Against the computer
-Good Example-Spell Craft, Warcraft Arena, Minigames
-Other Examples-Dota, Gladiator, Arenas, Hero Line Defenses
4) The Game SHouldn't end with just one round
-Good Example-Micro Arena, Uther Party
-Bad Example-SpellCraft-One round of Hunter and the games over

Other Small Things
Hero Ability descriptions shouldn't use Termonology from other abilities
-Bad Example: Drunken Brawler = 15% Evasion and 15% Critical Strike
-Good Example: Drunken Brawler = 15% chance that enemy attacks will miss you and 15% chance that you will deal 1.5x normal damage

Heros That I like
-Custom Heroes-You choose your abilities before hand and work with them
-Evolving Heroes-Adapt to your playing style (If you don't use abilities often, then you can evolve them that way)
-Noob Hero-Someone that doesn't take too much effort but helps you breed skills for later on
-Intermediate Hero-Someone that gives you the chance to escape if you mess up because you aren't perfect while learning how to work things like a 1337 mastah
-1337 Hero-Your as good as how well you control your hero, A mix of Speed and Wisdom in terms of the way to control your troops and making walls/Funnels/Filters for enemies to come at you one by one or filter out the bigger units to make sure you stay alive and you get exp. All about understanding the way things work.... Once you understand... Your set...

So.... yeah....
I like tactics, but I also like heroes.... and I like knowing that you need to interact and adapt...

Some other interesting spells in my opinion are the following.....
1) Terrain Deformation
2) The Ball ability in pending spells, Bouncing balls and... yeah...
3) Blowback and telekinesis
4) The Balance between; Mirror Image (not knowing which is which), Stuns (Focusing on a unit), AoE damage spells (Taking out multiple units) and Mana Conservation
5) Different Camera Styles
6) Different Movement styles
7) Knock outs vs Ring outs vs Capture the flag vs wuteva...

What do ya'll believe teh ultimate idea would be...

Level 4
Footmen Frenzy. No, i'm serious.

1) Add different heroes with creative abilities (Terrain Deformation..) and a lot more different units, and different spawn stuff.
2) This already happens. I have only few times had someone go all "OMG NOOB" on me in footies.
3) First one happens all the time, FFA could be a mode in the game (Totally chaotic, but fun.) and for computers, all you need is a good JASSer to create a good AI.
4) I'm not sure, one round seems to be long enough in footies. There could be -rematch option available though.

Different movement types is achievable by modifying the terrain - Instead of black cliffs that are totally unpathable, there could be water, which could be used by ships (Only water) and Air units (Everywhere.)

http://wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=99227 holds some ideas of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.