• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Trade Route

4ever_gamer & IlsNt.RiTz Presents

The Trade Route
Created by 4ever_gamer & IlsNt.RiTz

Map Info:

This is our first map :)
My brother (IlsNt.RiTz) was the one who had the idea of this map. He was the first to create it

but I soon took over & continued until finally, I finished it.

Map Description:

The famous trade route of Lordaeron & Dalaran that was abandoned for the hostility, but was

later on fought by the four races because of the remarkable resources.

Features:

2v2v2, 3v3 or FFA Map

Map has:
1 Fountain of Life
2 Fountains of Mana
4 Goblin Laboratories
4 Goblin Merchants
10 Gold Mine Reserves
4 Mercenary Camps
4 Unguarded Taverns
2 Market Places
2 Way Gates
2 Dragon Roosts

Screenshots:

Image Description:
The Whole Map

231817-albums6679-picture73267.png

Image Description:
Humans fighting the Harpies

231817-albums6679-picture72995.png

Image Description:
Centaur Camp

231817-albums6679-picture72999.png

Image Description:
Gold Mine Guardians

231817-albums6679-picture72997.png

Change Log:

08-17-13
Added some new doodads & also a new weather effect.

08-19-13
Added some blockades in some areas of the map so that the lumber
harvesters wont suddenly get attacked when harvesting.

08-20-13
Revised the map description and details

08-21-13
Added more doodads (Environments, Props, etc.), reduce creep camp difficulty and added height

variations for better gaming experience.

Credits:

Special Thanks:
~IlsNt.RiTz (my brother) for revising the map description and details and for map improvements.
~Orcnet for the review and suggestions.

Author's notes:

Feel free to suggest and say your opinions about my map. I would appreciate your time in telling

what to improve in my next melee maps.

[Map Description Template Created by

-Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Trade, Route, Melee, Trade Route, Barrens, Wasteland, Desert, Sand, Merchants
Contents

The Trade Route (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet20:11, 17th Aug 2013 Map Approved The Trade Route (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet20:11, 17th Aug 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
The Trade Route (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Creep difficulty is too much, while main player base levels are intermediate, expansion sites are red one, not to mention the hidden gold mine for both each player bases as well. Do please reduce the strength of such creep camps."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain can be considerable even though it looks very plain yet it delivers a good impact for the whole strategic movement, except for the main player bases because there are no cliffs nor doodads able to block the auto lumber harvesting of worker units."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall map can be useful."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
8/1577%C

Level 3
Hey,
I am the guy running the FFA bot on which I host numerous different melee maps. I hosted dozen of maps made here by others map makers.

I find your map VERY interesting. As usual, there are some glitch or some non ffa friendly points that I would like you to consider updating :

1- The trees are not stacked, it is full of holes within the forest. This is usually pretty bad for harvesting (units gets blocked), you should try to make sure trees are all stacked without any hole.
2- Goblin laboratory is one of the main neutral building in FFA. You want to get a shredder at first night. I would suggest making sure gob lab are equally accessible for any player and that it does not share a creep camp with the merc camp next to it. Maybe you can put more of them I dunno
3- shops should have something guarding them. maybe waygates could be without creeps.
4- not sure if you can : if you can make like the big dragon cost 1000 gold / 10 food. Those are too imba and should be more expensive
5- holed gold mine with hapries im not sure... ne can access easily by eating trees, ud could haunt the mine without harvesting the wood while hu/orc need to clean the wood to exploit it. Too much of an hassle and not very fun. It should be accessible by foot.

What I like :
- I have rarely seen a map so complex working so well for 6 ways. Not only it looks good but position are balanced without being all symetrical.
- I like most of the creep camps, the number of mines and the graphics.

gj and hope to hear from you