• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The terraining mod gone missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
lol but Void was a nice guy.

i looked at the thread with the flame war, and to be honest, Void did over react a little, but lol, the naruto map the guy made was crap lmao. not to mention the terrain looks like my hairy ass.

even thought void over reacted, i dont think he should have gotten banned altogether. he maybe should have been demoted or suspended.. t nbt perma banned =/

Level 7
He was an excellent terrainer but very immature at times. I think it was an unwise ban. Will Gilles be new terrain mod?

Level 36
lol but Void was a nice guy.

i looked at the thread with the flame war, and to be honest, Void did over react a little, but lol, the naruto map the guy made was crap lmao. not to mention the terrain looks like my hairy ass.

even thought void over reacted, i dont think he should have gotten banned altogether. he maybe should have been demoted or suspended.. t nbt perma banned =/

He didnt get banned for flaming. He got suspended for it. And when the time was over, he started harassing Ralle, which lead to the perma-ban. I feel like I've said that before, some time... >.>

Level 19
We should pick a new MOD!
Who's your favorite terrainer?

I'd say:
#1 Madsen,
#2 Void :)()
#3 Raid1000

!!!

Level 34
I've been popping my head in from time to time. Honestly the terrain forum doesn't need a mod that badly, except for organizing sticky threads.

General Frank had sent me a PM about a new moderator, and I thought we came to a decision, but he hasn't done anything since then. I could poke him I guess.

Level 13
lol he just cracked under da pressure is all sadly he was great terrainer but i wonder were he is now?

We should pick a new MOD!
Who's your favorite terrainer?

I'd say:
#1 Madsen,
#2 Void :)()
#3 Raid1000

!!!

None of them; no offense to Gilles, but when he became the terrain mod, he wasn't the best or one of the best terrainers around - he was good, but not one of "the elite" or whatever. It's more about what type of person he is, the calls he makes, whatever. Plus Gilles was a map mod for a while before that.

Level 19
None of them; no offense to Gilles, but when he became the terrain mod, he wasn't the best or one of the best terrainers around - he was good, but not one of "the elite" or whatever. It's more about what type of person he is, the calls he makes, whatever. Plus Gilles was a map mod for a while before that.

Hehe I was just joking lol. Although my top3 wasn't a joke.:p

Level 17
Terrain board doesn't really need a moderator in my opinion.
Void didn't really do anything that a normal mod couldn't do. If something really needs to be stickied, which is about all he really did, then I don't see why Gilles or DvO can't do it.

But I have another question, what will happen to the Mini Terrain Contests? Didn't Void host those? Those seemed to be good fun.

Level 13
well ya thats the only thing terrain mods really do is just like the contests so sadly we need 2 find som1 else who will host terrain contests.

Level 18
lol

okay. im voicing an opinion here. Void to me was one of the elite. if u had a pic in the legendary section, and it actually blows ur mind, then thats elite for my eyes. ( the arthas Picture, omfg that looked amazing like wtf shitting bricks )

and im pretty sure its ralles job is to designate someone to the terrain forums.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
raid1000 is a good terrainer, but he's as immature as me, so, I don't knw if he's the correct choice. Madsen isn't very active. but he could be a good mod.

But the fact is: Terrain Mods aren't very needed. Gilles can do their job fine.

Level 19
Only bad thing about this is....

...that I sometimes have to check wc3c.net aswel to see if Void posted a terrain.:p He can still learn me stuff:p

Level 34
Actually I won't be here for long guys. I leave on the 26th, and will be traveling for a year. I talked to Frank, and there should be a terrain mod soon.

I talked with Void on Msn, and the reason why he got banned is because he wanted to, he was just really bored of the hiveworkshop and it took too much of his time (like World of Warcraft does to some people) it was the same for Void, so he decided to kick himself out,

the first flamming on the Naruto map he was not planning this, but when he flammed on Ralle, he did it on purpuse to have at least some fun quiting the hive?!

i'm just saying what he told me

and it's the only information i can give..

and please respect me if you have something to say, i'm not Void Owl, i'm mostly someone that herd between the branches.

Level 34
D:
We love you though, Gillles... :(
I still remember your first avatar: the siege golem. We go back years and years, you just don't know it :)
Apparently you remember farther back than I do. Was that like 2006 when I was a lurker?

Level 18
Lurker?! I've been spotted! Blast!

But seriously, I never supported Void being a mod. And honestly we do not need one. Actually we need one about as often as I come around and post, which nowadays is few and far between. Not sure the point of a mod though considering the terrain forum is quite content and non-eventful as far as trouble-making/need for a moderator.

Level 34
But seriously, I never supported Void being a mod. And honestly we do not need one. Actually we need one about as often as I come around and post, which nowadays is few and far between. Not sure the point of a mod though considering the terrain forum is quite content and non-eventful as far as trouble-making/need for a moderator.
It's not so much trouble making, it's just nice to have someone around to merge posts, take care of stickies, and an active staff member usually helps a forum just through him/her posting (I find anyways).

Damnit, where's Frosty when we need him?
I would never have nominated him, even if I consider him a friend.

Level 19
"We are dealing with someone that has truly no life"

Think the southpark dude is right! We need someone with no life at all!:thumbs_up:

Level 18
It's not so much trouble making, it's just nice to have someone around to merge posts, take care of stickies, and an active staff member usually helps a forum just through him/her posting (I find anyways).

I would never have nominated him, even if I consider him a friend.

Well yes but I mean the terrain board is usually pretty active and when it's not there isn't a whole lot that can be done.

Also, look who knows what they are talking about. The guy to the left of this post does, thats who.

Status
Not open for further replies.