• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nexus Wars Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
ATTENTION: This is NOT the official terrain, and most probably will not be so either. Nexus Wars is not my map and I do not claim anything like it.

Yeah I know, it isnt much, I was just sitting here and fooling around with the map out of boredom, tried to make a clean but better looking terrain for my currently favorite custom game for Sc2, because frankly, I think everything is good with that map, except for the terrain.

So, yeah... I just wanted to post it and see what you guys think about it, is it an improvement from the old version? Is there anything else you think I should do with it? (if I am to update it) and so on.
- Keep in mind though that the large open spaces needs to be... empty, due to gameplay functionalities.

Oh, and you may or may not like the game, I dont really care. But do keep your oppinions to yourself, I dont want anyone arguing here.

Attachments

• Nexus Wars.jpg
    Nexus Wars.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 680
  • Nexus Wars 2.jpg
    Nexus Wars 2.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 822

2-P

2-P

Level 8
is it an improvement from the old version?
How does the old version look like? Screenshot please.

Is there any special reason why there's grass under the Nexus? It looks so out of place.

You could make the ground more interesting with tile variation and decals, add something to the water area or does it have to be empty as well? The edge of the map?

Is there anything else you think I should do with it?

No, work on a map that doesn't require 95% of the terrain to be empty. ~.~

Status
Not open for further replies.