• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Syndicate's Hive

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The Syndicate's Hive (1v1) meele map. Update 28/09/2019

Two versions of the same map. The first is altered melee with the next custom features:
- Mercenary camp: bandits, murders, wizards and Bandit Lord of the Syndicate.
- Goblin lab: add mines, scoope and the goblin heroes to be recruited.
- Tavern: removed goblin heroes. Added Ranger hero.
- Triggers: for sounds only.
- Bodies in the canyon now as doodads.
- Syndicate's Hive (mercenary camp) tested and balanced.
- Melee Bandits can now use Defend.
- Sounds for each mercenary camp lorelike (Mug'thol and Sylvanas for example).
- Units in cages for each race trapped most of the red mercenary camps. Not high impact for the
gameplay:
- Human: Swordman
- Orc: Warloc (lore like)
- Undead: Necromancer
- Night elves: Archer
- Added a new map without triggers for contests.
- Added Ogre Lord.

Features:
- 6 Green camps.
- 4 Yellow camps.
- 8 Red camps.
- 6 Gold mines.
- 2 Taverns.
- 2 Goblin Lab.
- 2 Market.
- 2 Custom Mercenary Camp.
- Teleports for the canyon of dead bodies... a gentle reminder of what war is.

The other is basically the same rogue like. There's river instead dead bodies taking note of the advice about to check if it's melee or not. You could think about it as the river clear the bodies if you want so xDu it's ok.
Enjoy!
Contents

The Syndicate's Hive (Map)

The Syndicate's Hive (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Alright, sorry for the delay in reviewing. There was some discussion among the reviewers how to deal with a melee-altered-melee bundle. Anyway, I'm reviewing it based on the melee part now. I hope that's ok for you. -The map looks quite nice...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
I'm sorry, but triggers were just one tiny part ofwhat makes the map ineligible for the ongoing melee mapping contest. Your map does not have the "melee map: Yes" in the bottom right corner of the editor. The mouseover text of this text tells you were you still need to change something, and it will be quite a lot to do. Basically, you have to at least undo everything you listed under "costums" in the description.

Level 15
I'm sorry, but triggers were just one tiny part ofwhat makes the map ineligible for the ongoing melee mapping contest. Your map does not have the "melee map: Yes" in the bottom right corner of the editor. The mouseover text of this text tells you were you still need to change something, and it will be quite a lot to do. Basically, you have to at least undo everything you listed under "costums" in the description.

mafe, thank you so much! I noticed what I was doing wrong! I fixed it! <3 If you notice something else to fix just let me know! thank you, seriously!

Level 29
mafe, thank you so much! I noticed what I was doing wrong! I fixed it! <3 If you notice something else to fix just let me know! thank you, seriously!

perhaps it will be better if you (temporaly until contest ends) delete the custom map with triggers and leave only the melee map

you can add the triggered map later.

that way you can sleep safe that they wont download the wrong version.

I would do that in your case, but do as you wish.

Level 15
perhaps it will be better if you (temporaly until contest ends) delete the custom map with triggers and leave only the melee map

you can add the triggered map later.

that way you can sleep safe that they wont download the wrong version.

I would do that in your case, but do as you wish.
That sounds paranoic. I think that won't happend... right? XDu RIGHT!?!!?

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Alright, sorry for the delay in reviewing. There was some discussion among the reviewers how to deal with a melee-altered-melee bundle.

Anyway, I'm reviewing it based on the melee part now. I hope that's ok for you.

-The map looks quite nice visually.
-Itemdrops are way too powerful for a melee map. If you play against another human, it imight turn into a lottery.
-The map is very linear, in the sense that there is only one path to get from your base to the enemy. Air units are at at huge advantage. Any interaction between player is impossible until the midgame.
-Fastexpanding is impossible.
-Some creepcamps are much stronger than what is common for melee maps.
-Gaps between trees.

So yeah, I think at best this is a map that is comparable to the bad maps that are contained in wc3 by default. Sorry. Possibly you care about the "altered" part more?
Would you mind getting at least more "normal" itemdrops? Only have one non-powerup item per camp, and do not have lvl 5+ items drop from brown creepcamps. Ok?
Until then I'm setting the map back to Awaiting Update (even though I feel kinda bad after making you wait so long).

Level 15
Alright, sorry for the delay in reviewing. There was some discussion among the reviewers how to deal with a melee-altered-melee bundle.

Anyway, I'm reviewing it based on the melee part now. I hope that's ok for you.

-The map looks quite nice visually.
-Itemdrops are way too powerful for a melee map. If you play against another human, it imight turn into a lottery.
-The map is very linear, in the sense that there is only one path to get from your base to the enemy. Air units are at at huge advantage. Any interaction between player is impossible until the midgame.
-Fastexpanding is impossible.
-Some creepcamps are much stronger than what is common for melee maps.
-Gaps between trees.

So yeah, I think at best this is a map that is comparable to the bad maps that are contained in wc3 by default. Sorry. Possibly you care about the "altered" part more?
Would you mind getting at least more "normal" itemdrops? Only have one non-powerup item per camp, and do not have lvl 5+ items drop from brown creepcamps. Ok?
Until then I'm setting the map back to Awaiting Update (even though I feel kinda bad after making you wait so long).

Thanks for the review @mafe ! indeed, I just focused myself in visuals and altered version. The melee version was an edit for the contest. I still practicing the map develpment and yes, the idea originally was not to force early or force to use goblin zepelins to fast travel across the fall of the river. The map was inspired in the after events of WC2 orcish invasion advance throught Alterac mountains.

I understand the game early mechanincs in a 1v1 map should be focused in the early trade but how the game was forced into mid/late interaction I increased the item power level so the clash in mid/late game were epic. hahahaha I know I'm still a rookie about balance and mechanics however it sounds fun to me when I was making the map.