• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive's Revenge II v1.7

Here is my remake of Hive's Revenge TD from back in the RoC days. It has been fully updated and improved. In fact all I imported was the terrain. Everything else has been rebuilt from the ground up. I have been building it and testing it over the last year or so and it is in good condition. Not everything I want has been added so there will be more updates for bugs, balance and content.

For those who havent played Revenge TD your in for a treat. I made the map because I liked TD's but coulndt find one that really grabbed me for more than a game or two. So I made one that has indepth strategy and a huge varity of ways to play for extended playablility. Forget the standard Tower War fare. This one is a tower WAR! It is both pvp and pve. Yes you can actualy attack other players directly.

You start the game in a random starting point with a builder a tower hall and a monster shop. The monster shop is located in the middle and is where you train monster groups to send at everyone but you. The monster shop has 5 upgrades and tons of monsters that can be sent. The basic builder can build 3 basic towers that can be upgraded to several other types. Your hall can be upgraded to one of 5 factions. Each with its own concept, balance and strategy. Once you upgrade to a faction hall you may train one or more faction builders that can build a large varety of towers. There are over 100 towers and special buildings.

Here is a rundown on the varius factions....

Elemental
Concept - Elemental magic. This faction is for new players and those who want to be ready for anything.
Advanatge - Well balanced. They are most like the origonal Revenge tower set. Using the right combinations of towers they can deal with almost any situation.
Weakness - Magic immune monsters

Neuromancers
Concept - Technology combined with magic. This faction is for those who want to wait for the lategame and overwelm everyone.
Advantage - Economy. They start off slow but become very powerful in the lategame.
Weakness - Staying alive long enough for the econ advantage to kick in.

Summoners
Concept - Summon magic. For those who like lots of controlable units.
Advantage - Mobility. Even their towers can move.
Disadvantage - Weak to AoE damage upon death monsters, attacking monsters and anthing else that is good at killing units.

Chaos
Concept - Demonic power. This is for those who think this is a melee map and just want to run over and kill the other guy.
Advantage - Offense. They have the best ability to directly attack other players.
Disadvantage - Poor defense and slow economy. They have the weakest defence vs direct attacks. He who lives by the sword....

Runepriests
Concept - They make use of spirit magic. This faction is for people who dont like direct attacks from other players. All those who hate the Chaos Gate may rejoice!
Advantage - Defence. They are the most immune to direct attacks from other players.
Disadvantage - Lack of direct attacks. They cant do much to you but you cant do much to them either.

Fequently Asked Stupid Questions

Q: How do I get more income?
A: Build monsters at your Monster Shop in middle to increase your income.

Q: How can I get better towers?
A: Get better towers by upgrading your hall to one of the 5 factions and get a faction builder.

Q: I built X monster and it never showed up. Why?
A: Because what you build gets sent to everyone but you. It would be kinda silly to sent monsters against yourself.

Q: Can you add a bounty for killing monsters?
A: Adding a bounty would ruin the whole economy. It would allow someone to not send attackers and save up on lumber (used mainly to send monsters) and still be able to defend. Why did you want a bounty anyway? Because you have seen it in other maps? Got a hint for ya, this isnt other maps.....its better ;)

Q: Its too slow at the start. Can you make it faster?
A: Its slow because most players are not building at the monster shop or spaming weak units. Once you kill the noobs the game will pick up. In a game full of pros it gets verry hard verry fast. Against pros even I will normaly leak once or twice durring monster shop 1.

Q: Why cant you make the monsters train faster?
A: No monster dont train too slow.
Rounds are timed by train speed, you only get one per round. Instead of forcing you to to spam a buy button I actualy figured out how to devide and multiply for you. Now you only have to click the button once each round.

Like all of my maps this one is unlocked so feel free to take a look under the hood. If you make a version of it please use a new name and not just tack a version number on it. Dont make cheater ver of the map. that will only force me to lock it. Please show respect for other peoples work. This was many months worth of work. Hope you enjoy it.

Contents

Hive's Revenge II v1.7 (Map)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Approved. Good tower defense map with a wide variety of towers, and suitable for any number of players- even solo. Well made map.

M

VGsatomi: Approved. Good tower defense map with a wide variety of towers, and suitable for any number of players- even solo. Well made map.