• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Story of Van Eastmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
[TD]
[TD]
211785-albums5360-picture58204.jpg

Official Site: http://tsove.freeforums.org/
ChaosRealm hosted project: http://VanEastmore.chaosrealm.info [/TD]

Van Eastmore Status:
Revive.
Reasons why we abandoned this project before:
  • I have little knowledge on the editor before(coding, terraining)
  • Due to lack of knowledge the project got lots of bugs and leaks
  • We lose motivation due to many bugs

Reasons why we decided to continue the project:
  • I improved my terraining and triggering skills(and understand vjass a little), and its more than enough to handle the project

Proof of my poor terraining skills before: Ugly terrain
[TD]
[tr]

So whats new on this?
[TD]
[tr][TD]
  • [*]You can expect a better terrain than the previous one
    [*] I remaking the terrain from scratch
    [*] My friend will remake the story from start
    [*] A simple but fun gameplay(noob friendly)
[/TD][/tr]

Map Info:
  • Map type: SRPG, Free-roam
  • Map Size 480x480
  • Map File Size: See progress bar below.
  • Map progress: Pre-Alpha
[tr]
[tr]
Features:
  • Manual attack system
  • Attachments
  • Each weapon offers 3 attack type eg. Sword:
    • Slash
    • Hack
    • Thrust
  • Beautiful terrain
  • A decent 3rd person camera by The_Witcher
  • Plenty of spells that can be bought
  • Plenty of weapons and armors to collect
  • Plenty of random generated quest
[tr]
[tr]
Screenshots
nf5ohu.jpg
20hau53.jpg
1nxky9.png
2mhttm9.jpg
Village_1.jpg

Village_2.jpg
Village_3.jpg
bc610.jpg

[TD] [TD]

[tr][TD]
9a78rb.jpg
[/TD][/tr]
[tr][TD]
2ymu8n9.jpg
[/TD][/tr]
[tr][TD]
2mw9t1i.jpg
[/TD][/tr]
[tr][TD]
35lvko4.jpg
[/TD][/tr][tr][TD]
20tl9o4.jpg

[/TD][/tr]
[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]
Finish Item List
211785-albums5360-picture58198.jpg

Item Info:
  • Attack type: Working on it
  • Attack Speed: Slow
  • Special: None
  • Gold cost: 75
211785-albums5360-picture58200.jpg

Item Info:
  • Attack Type: Swing, Great Swing, Smash
  • Attack Speed: Slow
  • Gold cost: 60
211785-albums5360-picture58201.jpg

Item Info:
  • Attack Type: None so far
  • Attack Speed: Fast
  • Gold cost: 65
211785-albums5360-picture58202.jpg

Item Info:
  • Attack Type: Shoot Bow
  • Attack Speed: Average
  • Gold cost: 35
211785-albums5360-picture58199.jpg

Item Info:
  • Attacks: Slash, Thrust, Hack
  • Attack Speed: Average
  • Gold cost: 50
[TD]

The Story of Van Eastmore
You'll play as Van Eastmore, the main protagonist of the story. His family died when the Gourlan Empire attack the Empire of Dehouthar. His Father and 2 Brothers are soldiers who died honorably, while his mother died in depression. Now you'll witness the epic story of Van Eastmore and play many side stories, enter dungeons, fight wild animals and take quest from a guild, as he climb his way to the top and become one of the greatest warrior of the Devantia.

The Lore
Year 1405, Gourlan Empire declare war against the Empire of Dehouthar, its been a bloody battle against the 2 greatest empire and it lasted for 20 years, the war was called "The End of Time" because the war taken thousands of life and left millions of people with nothing. Year 1428 the Devantia Empire took control of Vexta and delivers peace. But in year 1438, a dozen of Empires declared war against Devantia and its allies. And thus, the war started.

At first Devantia was able to hold the rebelion but as the days goes on, the fight become tougher and tougher as they lose man every second. As the other remaining neutral Empire saw the things can happen if Devantia falls, they decided to give support to Devantia. But months later The King of Devantia get infected by a lethal disease and so it all depends now on his son Helvin.
[/TD][/tr]
More info will be posted soon

The Team MembersPosition
Project Leader:SonofJay
Coder/Trigger:SonofJay, KhaosMachine
TerrainerSonofJay
Story writerMy friend that don't have a Hive accout, SonofJay,Bloodelf300, Hexcellion, HOooDy
Model ConsultantERYFKRAD
2D ArtistBloodelf300

[/TD]

Videos

[TD]
JASS:
[URL="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/story-van-eastmore-210755/"][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/211785-albums5360-picture58224.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/TD]

Before: 37.9 MB
After: 36.1 MB
Compress Date: 06.04.12
Info: 16 blp textures with 600-700kb filesize compressed to 80-120kb.
[TD]Map Size Being Compress:[/TD][/tr]
[TD][/TD]

Last edited:
Level 28
[TD]
Character Info
attachment.php

[TD][/TD]

Name: Prince Helvin Douther
Class: Swordsman

Biography:

Prince Helvin is the future 12th generation King of Devantia Empire, he started to study the art of sword and political war at the age of 7, at the age of 10 the Council of Devantia saw great potential from him to become the future king. At age 16 he started to participate on war, he led 500 soldiers to defend the city of Golveska at the north against the huge Turiman Army which is consist of 1500 soldiers. The victory at Golveska took the attention of the whole Council of Devantia. 2 years after the attack on Golveska, Prince Helvin once again proven himself as he led the Devantia army to victory against the Holven Coalition and the Troven Army at the Mountain Plain of Eizmuda. The people of Devantia are believing on him that he can stop the endless war, and unite the people of Vexta.

[TD][/TD]
[/TD]

mk9cp2.jpg

[TD][/TD]

Name: Uldric Elvenhisk
Class: Hunter

Biography:

Uldric Elvenhisk, a native hunter living on the Oak Village, his parents was killed by raiders when he was still 7 years old and it forced him to work just to live. As he grow older he become more adept at using bow and known for making traps and other hunting materials. With the same unfaithful background, Uldric decided to join James Van Eastmore on his journey on finding his destiny and while he looks for his younger sister.

[TD][/TD]
[/TD]
2icbfa8.jpg

[TD][/TD]

Name: General Philip
Class: Swordsman/General

Biography:

Born on a poor family, his father left his mother for another woman while his mother got addicted to drugs and caused her death. At age 15 he was forced to work as a mercenary just to live and suffice the needs of his 2 younger brothers.

One day after he finished his work, he bought some toys and foods for his brothers, but as he got home he can't find his brothers, he search and search until he saw the dead bodies of his brothers behind their house with a letter saying: "This is for all the work you have done for us." On his grieve he decided to join the army and years after become a General. Now he plans his revenge for the death of his brothers.

[TD][/TD]
[/TD]

progress bar
Terrain:
Systems:
  • Camera System - Done
  • Random Quest Generator - Almost Done
  • Combat system:
    • Sword-Type - Done
    • Bow-Type - Done
    • Mace-Type - Done
    • Morningstar-Type - Done
    • Halberd-Type - Construction
    • Spear-Type - None
    • Longsword-Type - None
    • Hand to Hand Combat - Done
Story/Lore
  • Main Story/Lore - Under construction
  • Side Story/Lore
    • King of the Damned - Lore finish
    • Cry of the Beast Master - Lore finish
    • The Sin of the Reaper
    • The Crossroad
    • Unsuspected Surprise
This are the things that we got so far, but many will be added soon.
[TD]
[TD]
  • Oak Village - Done
  • Oak Forest - Done
  • Oak Bandit Camp - Done
  • Tranquil Mountain - Almost Done
  • Mercenary Guild House - Underconstruction
  • Theredore City - Underconstruction
  • Ore Village - Polishing
  • Huichi Village - Underconstruction
[/TD][/tr]
[tr] [tr]
[tr]

Last edited:
Level 12
The descriptions look weird lol. You should use
tags for map details, and the story. And for the screenshots, rename it into: Screenshot 1, 2, 3... Weapon 1, Weapon 2... Anyways, the screenshots look good. Is this a single player rpg or an orpg? Because there is only one character, which makes it look like an SPRPG if it is indeed one. If it isn't an ORPG, then why does it have the words: "Open World RPG?" Clear does up, and this will get interesting.

BB Codes used.
The map descriptions.
Grammar

All in all, it looks good, but the thread makes it look weird. Good luck anyways.

Level 17
terrain is great and has nice atmosphere
however the reeds or whatever it is look meh in some shots
I'd either make them darker a lot or remove them completely
I'd suggest some oak trees resized and pushed down enough so only the tops stick out of the tile and with varying pitch angles to imitate low bushes for more ground variation

also the units look a bit bad compared to the rest, especially the critters
but apart from those details, yeah very nice especially the old house

Level 28
@Talavaj, thanks, I might darken those grass, just need it for better enviroment. Also about the critters.. so they look bad.. any suggestions what I should use? those are skins I imported. If you have any on your mind just tell me.

Also Krad is looking for a good model to mesh transplant with the villager. The one you're seeing is for testing purposes only.

@Bloodelf I'll just VM you about the icons.

Sonofjay I am using wow rips for my entry for Solo-Mini Maping Contest and map should be huge, really huge +15mb. So I decided to low space of imports. I used tool called wc3 viewer and do it like this:
Open blp in wc3 viewer>convert it to tga with 32 colors>that tga change to blp with quality 80% = map size reduced to 6 mb textures quality just the same. If u use some big textures do like this u will same much space. BTW I want part in this porject(after contest is ended), I just love to do something what BloodElf and u are doing

Level 28
Well everything is going to my plan,

A simple but fun attack system, a simple made terrain, a simple story, simple systems... Everything here is simple, but the thing is those simple things collaborate with each other, no complex systems that will bug and discourage us

For me, the main core of TSoVE is the simple but fun combat system, plus the story.

I'm almost done with the terrain for the first part, after that I'll add spells and more weapons/armors

EDIT:
@Ken, yup I got 3 projects right now but none are abandoned, Chaos Arena is on the hand of Drunken Jackal for now(he is making the ai), Project Ghost is still going(a much more complex project)

For testing, I'll only have some private testers for this,(only some of my friends)

Level 28
*couch*will change later*cough*

TSoVE is a free roam/sand box mod, you follow a main story that you can finish anytime you want, I'll try as possible to not force the players to follow the main story(job for my friend). On the other side, we will also implement side stories(Bloodelf's job, if anyone wants, you can give us some lores) that you can finish also anytime.

Anyway, I just finish the combat system for morningstar and maces, and almost done with the bandit camp. Will put a small progress bar on the main page later.

Level 12
I could give ideas for side-quests if you want me to. I could even apply as a story writer myself. Some sample(s):

The Shadows

Introduction:
In the streets of Eastwood, lies an alley where there is said to be a shadowy figure which haunts every one who goes nearby the said alley. Your job is to find out what this "shadow figure" is.

NPC: Hey there!
Van Eastmore: Wha.. what? Me?
NPC: Yes, you! Come here, I've got something to tell you.
*npc tells the what's been happening within Eastwood alley*
NPC: Could you help me with this thing that I've been hearing about from our neighbors? I'll reward you some money if you help me to do so.
Van Eastmore: Yes, I'll report back to you after I finish doing so.
OH, I just thought of something. How 'bout choices where you could choose whether to agree (normally), just say yes, I'll do the quest, or I'll think about it, etc. You would of course get different replies. This doesn't have to be like a reputation system. More like a normal conversation thing.

i.e.

Conversation System

NPC: Hey there, wanna fight me one-on-one?
Van Eastmore: Sure, why not./Try me, you'll see yellow stars after we fight./No, I'm too busy.

^The first two choices would make you fight him, the third one won't. There would be no differences between the first two choices, the only different thing is that they'll answer differently.

NPC: Bring it on!/I'll make you eat your words./Scared? Scram!

Level 12
Well those two responses do have differences. 1st one was more like just agreeing, while the 2 bd is intimidation or arrogance. The second one could make you in trouble, from what I see.

Yes, but the 1st and 2nd choices were both in agreement. The 2nd choice could cause either bad or good.

i.e.

NPC: Hey, wanna hunt deers for lunch, Vanny?
Van Eastmore: Yes, thank you for asking./I don't eat deers for lunch, but I'll still hunt for you, I'm the best hunter in here, so you asked the right guy./No, I'm busy and I don't like to eat deers.
NPC: Then, go on and use these hunting equipment for your hunting!/Then use your own skills, you fool! I won't lend you my hunting equipment, since you're the "best hunter" in here./Okay, but should you decide to hunt deers, then tell me.

Something like that. The second choice would sometimes cause bad effects, nothing or good effects. It depends on the type of NPC. If the NPC was a badass, someone like an athlete, he would of course like arrogant dudes, because he knows they've got it in them.

Level 19
The terrain seems ok, but not good. Here is what I think needs to be improved:
- You seriously lack environmental doodads and props. Add more stuff like mushrooms, flowers, etc.
- You forgot the sky and fog. You shouldve placed them first.
- The bushes seem off place. Tint them down abit to match those trees.
- Mountain roads seem too narrow. Widen it.
- Rock model is ugly and unnatural.
- Cliffs too are unnatural. Fill those gaps.
- The castle tower seems lacking. Add something.
- Also, the encampment is empty as hell. Add fences.
- The torches near the bridge dont fit. Change it or add something to make it look better.
- Bridge seems unnatural. Perhaps a rope bridge would suit you.
- Add light doodads near torches and fires to enhance the effect.
- Maybe you could ditch the fog of war.
- Lastly, more environmental doodads and make more natural cliffs. Just emphasizing it.

Also, may I see the thing BE wrote?

Status
Not open for further replies.