1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Start - Episode1

Submitted by Kenshi1007
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
DEMIGOD CAMPAIGN: Chapter 1: The Winged Exiles, Episode 1 – The Start

RPG map, life of a peasant (LOAP). Its an map of adventure, consists a story that tells the beggining of an epic tale of an peasant living on a farm on an hidden Valley in the Kingdom of Stormwind.
The main character is the Hero, however there are quest interactions (A Chain of 7 main quests and 2 optional quests) and some lore telling along the map.

[​IMG]
The time consists 100 years before the opening of the Dark Portal and the First War. The location is in Elwynn Peak, an hidden valley on Elwynn Forest. The Main character is Arlon Gavinrad, grandfather of the famous paladin from the Silver Hand, Gavinrad the Dire (died at the Fall of Lordearon by the Scourge). Arlon was born in Goldshire with his parents. But his parents were killed when he was 2 years old and was rescued by his cousin Edward.
They both now live on a small farm for 20 years in Elwynn Peak until Arlon had an terrible nightmare about magic.

[​IMG]
Map
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Author - Kenshi1007
Terrainer - Kenshi1007
Triggerer - Kenshi1007
Cinemaics and Texting - Kenshi1007
Support and Growth - The Hiveworkshop
Voice Acting - Kenshi1007; Shadow Fury
Overall remastering - Kenshi1007; Shadow Fury

Special thanks to Shadow Fury ;)

MODELS:

Peasant Armor by Kitabatake - Kitabatake
Villager v2 - Kitabatake
Lordearon Soldier Sword by Sunchips - Sunchips
Goblin tent by Forgotten_Warlord - Forgotten Warlord
Tree(NewVariation) - eubz
TinyLeaves Tree2 - eubz
TinyLeaves Tree - eubz
Bush02 - stonneash
Bush03 - stonneash
Philoderon Devanseveanum - Sven
Fern - olofmoleman
Green Hedge - hellblazer-14
Grassie - HappyTauren
GrassAnimated - Sunchips
Farn - Verdun
RockGolem - Amdor

MUSIC

Youtube:
- Forest Meditation ~ Relax Music
- Relaxing Nature Sounds- Instrumental Cello Music- Tranquil Forest Bird Song-Emotional-Sad-Haunting
- World of Warcraft: Blade's Edge Mountains
- World of Warcraft: Elwynn Forest (Westfall)
- World of Warcraft: Iron Dwarf Music
- Dungeon Siege: The Besieged Town of Stonebridge
- Dungeon Siege: Path to the Crypts
- Skyrim Sound Effects - Civil War Battlecry

[​IMG]

Version 1.1 - Uploaded Red Map Description Template 1.0.
Gameplay map fixes.
Terrain and Trigger issues.

Version 1.2 - Bug fixes: Unit Status, Terrain, Unit Encounters, Quests, Items and Trigger issues.
Improvements: Better Quest warnings, Minimap flashes, more hints.

Version 1.3 - Pathing blockers fixes
More Screenshots

Version 1.4 - More Pathing blocker fixes, quest fixes, unit bug fixes, cinematic transmission corrections, and trigger fixes.

Version 1.5 - New Costume Template

Version 1.6 - New Logo, skins and fog changes.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Kenshi

Keywords:
Warcraft, Dungeon Siege, Diablo2, Diablo3.
Contents

The Start - Episode1 (Map)

Reviews
19:13, 15th Mar 2014 Orcnet: Game is wonderful, tested it and it seems it has more episodes to come, keep it up I also added your map's category into RPG.
  1. Kenshi1007

Kenshi1007

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did you played my map? Revewing my image size description isn't enough for me to make great changes. What i really look foward is a review from my map.

Cheers :goblin_yeah:

2. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map approved.

3. Streak

Streak

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice cam rate 5/5

4. Valenvai

Valenvai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    After the gnoll camp, I return to Edward and nothing happens. :(

5. Kenshi1007

Kenshi1007

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    which quest of the gnoll camp?

6. Valenvai

Valenvai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The first one there I guess. I took my sword from the farm and went there to find a book. 3 gnolls ambushed me, I killed them and made my way back to Edward.
    Then nothing happened. He didnn't talk to me.

7. Kenshi1007

Kenshi1007

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have fixed that problem before and worked ok for the people until you. I don't know dude, after you kill the gnolls you kill the bush after arlon says something, the after destroying the bush you will face another wave of gnoll ambushers when returning to camp. So try to kill the 3 gnolls where you picked the book and wait till arlon says anything, and see if that works. Altough im full of school work and later i can remaster the trigger timing not to cause problems.

8. Valenvai

Valenvai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Aha I see. I will play again and what you said although you should fix things like that. I know it's hard to predict all possible situations but that's what we are here for! :D

9. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sorry, the template seems broken or something because the center tags are not working. So it looks a little less neat that usual. :p
    review

Map Name: The Start - Episode1
    Version: 1.5
    Author: kenshi1007

Terrain[r]
    Somewhat Warcraft like and semi-simple.
    However this is a god damn good example on how to make decent terrain without using many imports.
    Personally I am against Warcraft like terrain, but man, your terrain is pretty charmy.
    4/5

Gameplay[r]
    Gameplay isn't badly made by any means, but it's very simple.
    There are no (activate) abilities nor advanced mechanics to keep it interesting.
    It's basically kill everything that moves and loot an item here and there.
    3/5

Story[r]
    This is so hard for me to judge, I both like and dislike it.
    The voice acting was fine, the audio quality was about ok but due grammar mistakes it turned out somewhat bad.
    But it's clearly better than removing it. The story is to be honest pretty dull and got many logical flaws, I will mention them later.
    But you manage to keep it interesting in multiple ways and there are some not-so-common touches to the story.
    3/5

Uniqueness[r]
    Even if I find the story and gameplay somewhat genetic, I still feel that you've got something unique that will be shown in the later maps.
    Even without that suspicion, I can see some unique touches here and there.
    4/5

Overall[r]
    Pretty entertaining, got plenty of potential.
    Even though it felt somewhat short for a RPG.
    The overall rating would be 3.5/5 which equals 4/5 by math rules.
    4/5

Bugs[r]
    Bugs
    *bugs*

-You're able to kill the Clan Axemen that surround Edward when you return from the gnoll camp.

*complains*

-Gorsh explains that he and his 'clan' are outlaws and bandits/barbarians. Yet Arlon is like "hell yeah, I'll join you matey." no complains, nor questions asked. I would be VERY critical if I were a farmer who were almost taken away from my home by force by such people.

-You're randomly asked to run back to the farm and get an item as a quest reward. Which is odd since it was 'too dangerous' to even live there just a little while ago. The explaination could be that the gnolls are keeping themselves to the camps now that you've oblitirated the closest one. However this should be explained in the dialogue.

-Once more I fail to see the logic behind a quest. The Sea Giant needs an orb.. and we're going to get it when it's just nearby, why can't he get it himself? there's nothing that keeps him from doing it. A reason needs to be given. Same goes for the very first quest with the mushroom. The quest giver somehow knows EXACTLY where it is, but can he get it? apparently not because he is super lazy or something.

-You're supposed to find the source of a random voice that you heard. How to you know where he is? logically speaking that is, he didn't tell you where he is, nor is it explained that 'he feel the presence' or something like that.

Reviewed by[r]
    Contact

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  10. Kenshi1007

Kenshi1007

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  11. Burndead

Burndead

Resources:
    Resources:
    When loading ep.3 , the game just got "stuck" (again) on the intro cinematic. It "freezes" when the troll says: What weaponary do you use or close to it.

Fix?

12. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well i wont do a reviwe sinc other people did but i did notice a few bugs

-Plants that can be destroyed if clicked look like a barrel
    -After we go check for gnolls and take the quest book and go back to ED...The quest book item even after the cinematic stays into inventory and cuz of it the player is invunerable if you drop it you are no more invunerable.
    -During the raid on the main gnoll camp...Gnolls do not attack the Brown leather troops just my unites.

13. Kenshi1007

Kenshi1007

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll look into my map whenever i can to fix those issues. Thank you. Enjoy map 2 and 3 if you feel hyped ;)

14. pl4ton

pl4ton

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your terrain is f***ing awesome!!

Content wise I would expect a little bit more since this map is large in size but only has a few quests that mostly contain in "kill this and that and then return"

Still I liked it very much and I definetly will check out the other parts

Cheers :)

15. Kenshi1007

Kenshi1007

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Thanks dude! On the next maps if you see something bad or that requires mastering, give a shout out so i can improve the maps even better!

16. Adrian0

Adrian0

Resources:
    Resources:
    I lost interest in downloading the rest of the maps due to the monotony of the first one, just a lot of hack and slash on gnolls and boring optional quests in my opinion.

17. I can't grab an orb also the Gnolls ignore the attacking group durning the first charge.