• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Sims Guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a little project i'm working on, basically a naked guy with an attachment at every joint, i'm going to have variations with swim anims, and other things.

The idea would be to be able to use the same unit for a 1100's swordsman to a 1700's musketeer to a 2000's german machine gunner.

What animations do you guys think would be good?

attachment.php

Attachments

• SimsGuy.jpg
    SimsGuy.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 1,753
trust me, i had the idea before you, even before you even thought of modding wc2 and i had a few threads open in the meanwhile, also posted by others with the same idea and we all came to no good conclusion...
there would be workarounds, but they'd all look bad...
you might wanna make armor for this guy, you might come a long way with that, but there are too many limitations.

i'm sry to be the one giving you bad news...

you could make the joints as spheres, so that when the arm moves and rotates its still connected to the parent, but it would look horribly unnatural!

Status
Not open for further replies.