• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Shadowblade Corporation (SP missions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The Shadowblade Corporation is a planned campaign about big corporations and abuse of power (a topic I find to grow more relevant the more cliched it becomes). So far, there's only one mission, titled "Lost in Lava", about a crew of a smaller company that crashes on a volcanic planet and has to venture through the dangerous surface to survive. There awaits not only mortal enemies, but also a true force of nature.

It is a single-player campaign, and should be both challenging and exciting. I've tried to mirror it sort of like a SC2:WoL mission, with a unique gameplay that goes further than "destroy all enemy buildings" and an (hopefully) engaging story. To find it, search for "Shadowblade I - Lost in Lava". Feel free to try it and offer constructive criticism.

Last edited:
Level 3
I have begun working on pt. 2, and it's looking great already, while pt. 3 is under construction in my head (train robbery ala WoL might be included there). The lava will still play a part in the second mission, though in an entirely different fashion.

Also, I'm struggling to make burrowed Zerg unburrow. I've made it work before, so it's probably just something I've missed.

Level 3
The Shadowblade Corporation is a planned campaign about big corporations and abuse of power (a topic I find to grow more relevant the more cliched it becomes). So far, there's only one mission, titled "Lost in Lava", about a crew of a smaller company that crashes on a volcanic planet and has to venture through the dangerous surface to survive. There awaits not only mortal enemies, but also a true force of nature.

It is a single-player campaign, and should be both challenging and exciting. I've tried to mirror it sort of like a SC2:WoL mission, with a unique gameplay that goes further than "destroy all enemy buildings" and an (hopefully) engaging story. To find it, search for "Shadowblade I - Lost in Lava". Feel free to try it and offer constructive criticism.

I haven't been yet able to play this because whenever I type in Shadowblade I - Lost in Lava in the search bar It doesn't come up on the list with about 100 other maps . . .

Level 3
Hmm, try searching for just "Shadowblade". Blizzard's search function isn't really that good, as it returns every map that has at least one of the words in the search, instead of all of them.

I made the mistake before of making it a private map, but it says it's public now. Try again! :)

Level 3
Also, the second map is titled "Enron". Those who know something about big corporations are going to get the reference.

Level 3
Again, I get nothing, I typed Shadowblade and no maps were found, I tried it as Shadow Blade too, and shadowblade, and shadow blade. Also checked for Enron, and that didn't work as well.

Last edited:
Level 3
Enron isn't uploaded yet. I'm working on the map still!

Strange that you can't find it. Rao found it. Anybody else having problems?

Level 3
Oh, I didn't even think about that. I'm on European servers, yes. Don't know how to upload to other regions.

On other notes, I'm having trouble making some ghosts do as I want. I use triggers to order them to move, but they won't move. And yet when I order them to cloak, they cloak, and I use the same variable for the ghosts for both orders.

Edit: Crap, I paused them. Silly me.

Last edited:
Level 3
I can upload the map on yousendit or something, and then that user can test it through the map editor or something... if that is wanted.

Level 9
Wow, I love the story! well, the little bit we are told :p You've inspired me to work on my own story, thanks. Also terrain-wise, everything seems to fit perfectly for the environment :) but, even though it's a harsh and dead environment, you might want to add some more doodads overall.

Level 3
More doodads? There might be some open spots here and there, but adding more could make it tighter than it already is.

The first part doesn't have much story (consider it a prelude), but it will nonetheless play an important part when the second part comes, where the story really opens up.

Level 3
I've made a near 4-minute teaser for the second part. Check it out! Note that it's obviously very unfinished, so consider it a "making of" or a "behind the scenes", something I'm sure you mappers will appreciate. This is how a map of mine looks before it's done.

Level 3
I've uploaded the first mission below. If anyone wants to upload to non-European servers, be my guest. I'm not too particular about someone stealing stuff, though a full credit is obviously preferred.

Also, someone know how to include a custom image in the preview? I've imported one I want to use, but it doesn't show up in the "choose custom image" files under map info.

Attachments

• I. Lost in Lava.SC2Map
    1.3 MB · Views: 7,684
Level 3
The second mission, "Shadowblade II - Enron" can now be played. I have to say it's an improvement of the first, as I'm really getting the hang of the editor now.

Status
Not open for further replies.