• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Scourge of Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.
PrinceYaser Presents
tsoa-logo-png.289673

----------------------------

Well, I'm not sure still about the genre, I might change this to a Campaign or let it remain as it is.

Opinions and critiques are always welcome! :]

tsoa-introductionlogo-png.289748

Mythology is different from history, yet many concepts, creatures and events in mythology have a historical basis. While some myths were no doubt told purely for entertainment purposes, others were used to explain phenomena that people did not fully understand. When a volcano erupted, ancient Greeks did not explain it as a build up of pressure beneath the earth's crust, rather the gods of Olympus were displeased.

tsoa-storylogo-png.289675

Well, let us begin with Lord Poseidon...

Poseidon, the third son of Kronos and the brother of Zeus and Hades. He drew the seas as his domain to rule. He was known also as the god of earthquakes and the god of horses. The symbols most often associated with Poseidon were the trident and dolphin. Sailors relied upon him for favorable winds and safe voyages, but he was moody. Despite sacrifices including drowned horses, he could cause storms, bad winds, and earthquakes at a whim. Like Zeus, he projected his power and masculinity on women, fathering many children.

In a famous contest between himself and Athena to decide which of the two would be the patron god of Athens, he threw a spear into the ground to create the Spiring of the Acropolis. Athena surpassed him, however, by creating the olive tree. He often used water and earthquakes to exact revenge, but could cooperative as well. He greatly aided the Greeks in the Trojan War, but took years of revenge on Odysseus, who had harmed one of Poseidon's Cyclops offspring.

Lord Poseidon, the Father of Atlantis, had five pairs of male twins with a mortal Atlantean woman named Cleito. The god gave each of his 10 sons different portions of the island over which to rule. Gadeirus was the second-eldest of these sons. While he may have had a city in Spain named after him, it was his older twin, Atlas, who would have the glory of being the island’s namesake. As the firstborn, Atlas had the entire island, and even the surrounding ocean, named after him. His children would also reign over Atlantis forever. Talk about picking favorites.

Atlantis was actually an empire ruled from this island. Now in this island of Atlantis, there was a great and wonderful empire which had rule over the whole island and several others, and over parts of the continent, and, furthermore, the men of Atlantis had subjected the parts of Libya within the columns of Heracles as far as Egypt, and of Europe as far as Tyrrhenia. Poseidon, had created such a beautiful and strong kingdom.

But one day, something strange happened! The legendary island sank into the sea in a single day and night with the great waves of the sea! Was that the wrath of Poseidon? No one knows.

tsoa-characterslogo-png.289757

Arkantos: Arkantos of Atlantis was born during a time of great turmoil. His homeland was under constant siege by enemy armies and often seemed on the verge of losting not only the colonies it had fought hard to establish, but also the very home island of Atlantis. Arkantos took up spear and shield at an early age, and quickly earned a reputation as a great leader and one favored by Lord Poseidon , the Father of Atlantis.

By the twilight of these great wars, Arkantos had become so indisputably skilled in waging war that the Council of Atlantis named him admiral and placed him in charge of their entire military. With the homeland again safe, Arkantos embarked upon a campaign to search out and eliminate any of enemies who still remained. Finally, there was no enemy capable of challenging Atlantis. In a time of peace, maintaining a large army no longer seemed necessary and Arkantos himself seemed a relic of bygone age. Kept around largely for gratitude for years f service, Arkantos now commands only a token force to fight off the rare bandit or pirate, including those that killed his wife and left his son, Kastor, and his only heir.

It seemed that Arkantos' days of glory had ended. But fate had something different in mind.

tsoa-screenshotslogo-png.289674

Arkantos model is just a demo and just for testing, it's not really a suitable model for him right now.

tsoa-1-jpg.291923

tsoa-2-jpg.291924

tsoa-3-jpg.291925

tsoa-4-jpg.291926

tsoa-5-jpg.291927

tsoa-7-jpg.291929

tsoa-8-jpg.291930

tsoa-9-jpg.291931

tsoa-10-jpg.291932

tsoa-11-jpg.291933

tsoa-12-jpg.291934

tsoa-13-jpg.291935

tsoa-14-jpg.291936

tsoa-15-jpg.291937

tsoa-16-jpg.291938

tsoa-17-jpg.291939

tsoa-creditslogo-png.289672

First of all, I really thank Ensemble Studios for developing such a great game. I really respect the effort they've put cause I really enjoyed this game and decided to make a map based/inspired by that. So, the greatest credit is for Age of Mythology.

Resources Credits

Hiveworkshop:
Fingolfin
UTM makers
JetFangInferno
Anachron
Mister X
I3lackDeath

Other sites:
Wulfrein
yonatanDS

tsoa-changeloglogo-png.292094

---

Last edited:
Level 10
A project that at the early stage is well presented. Inspired by the AOM, yeah it's obvious, but it's not a bad thing, just try to add something your own here and make it more unique, as many people expect to be this map/campaign.

I observed 1 thing and want to clarify it: What heroes will you add here, the same ones from AOM, like Ajax, Agammenon, Gargarensis etc?

I wish you good luck and I wait for more stuff about it, as AOM was one of my favourite games, beside Warcraft 3. )

A project that at the early stage is well presented. Inspired by the AOM, yeah it's obvious, but it's not a bad thing, just try to add something your own here and make it more unique, as many people expect to be this map/campaign.
Thanks, man! :]
I observed 1 thing and want to clarify it: What heroes will you add here, the same ones from AOM, like Ajax, Agammenon, Gargarensis etc?
I might add them and I think I need a modeller.
I wish you good luck and I wait for more stuff about it, as AOM was one of my favourite games, beside Warcraft 3. )
Thank you! Yeah, I'm also a huge fan of it.

Hey guys, join the project's Discord server. There's nothing there yet but we can discuss things there too:

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Level 31
You definitely have some good skills making interesting and unique terrain. The idea you have behind it is truly well presented, the concept of terrain is great, it just lack the detail. You build this unusual and good looking terrain, but it is mostly built by several pieces of doodads. If you could make the same concept but with higher amount of doodads for further detail, it would surely look even better. For example, instead of using one piece of doodad for the ground (circle), you can use 50 pieces chunked in one, this way textures would not look blurred, it would look more HQ, better resolution so to speak. Of course it would take much more time to build one piece, but I believe it is worth it. Keep it up, exercise your skill. :)

You definitely have some good skills making interesting and unique terrain. The idea you have behind it is truly well presented, the concept of terrain is great, it just lack the detail. You build this unusual and good looking terrain, but it is mostly built by several pieces of doodads. If you could make the same concept but with higher amount of doodads for further detail, it would surely look even better. For example, instead of using one piece of doodad for the ground (circle), you can use 50 pieces chunked in one, this way textures would not look blurred, it would look more HQ, better resolution so to speak. Of course it would take much more time to build one piece, but I believe it is worth it. Keep it up, exercise your skill. :)
Hmm, great tips! I'll definitely do it. Thank you!
I've made a part of the map with this method. This is a lighthouse created by many doodads assembled together (Thanks to GolluM_KoMe for reference).

lighthouse-jpg.292898

Try to keep the consistency of doodads in screen as even as possible and overall looks may improve.
I'm not sure how to do it properly, some doodads disappear at in-game screen resolution and when you go a little further, they appear. :/

It might be the problem of using some oversized single doodads instead of using many of them for better details as you said.

Level 31
It means the doodad has small model extents. You can fix this problem by opening dodoad model in Magos Model Editor, going to Model Properties, and increasing Model Extents for X, Y and Z, by let's say 10x. Then save model, re-name and re-import. Sometimes this does not help, then you have to merge additional large and invisible geoset to the model, this requires more explaination, try with extents first.

It means the doodad has small model extents. You can fix this problem by opening dodoad model in Magos Model Editor, going to Model Properties, and increasing Model Extents for X, Y and Z, by let's say 10x. Then save model, re-name and re-import. Sometimes this does not help, then you have to merge additional large and invisible geoset to the model, this requires more explaination, try with extents first.
Hmm, thanks! Will try it out. :]

Edit: What should I put for Minimum Extent?

-------------
~Update

Gonna add some citizens and establish the first quest here:

q01-jpg.293032

Player have to find a potion/herb requested by those citizens for their child in this forest:

wc3scrnshot_022118_112826_01-jpg.293033

HORROR! XD

Last edited:
~Update

- Overall terraining works of the first part and mysterious forest are done.
- Quest establishment has been done.
- Established an orb system. This is a system that can heal, give mana, switch orbs to give you a powerful item and teleport you to another city by giving you a menu.
- Added new spells.

tsoa-terrain10-jpg.294140
tsoa-terrain08-jpg.294136
tsoa-terrain09-jpg.294139

~Planned

- Will create beautiful cities that the world of Atlantis deserves (Already based some). XD
- More and more...

~Update

- Overall terraining works of the first part and mysterious forest are done.
- Quest establishment has been done.
- Established an orb system. This is a system that can heal, give mana, switch orbs to give you a powerful item and teleport you to another city by giving you a menu.
- Added new spells.

tsoa-terrain10-jpg.294140
tsoa-terrain08-jpg.294136
tsoa-terrain09-jpg.294139

~Planned

- Will create beautiful cities that the world of Atlantis deserves (Already based some). XD
- More and more...
Looking good Lich.

Hm.. I've been working on a system of item crafting. Added 4 Mastercrafted items forged in Waterfall City. They are captured in 4 temples of Poseidon and must be gained. Each temple will give you a list/menu of these mastercrafted items' names.

140140-22ff5d64d2251a291836be2d94fbf5e0_tn2.jpg
140182-ca9d4657277f8472044593befaba093f_tn2.jpg

140297-a357dd7ba15b5c1ceab9cb9e39538993_tn2.jpg
140318-4d87ff8259c4d616b03a11f7bf55d8db_tn2.jpg

You must choose from a hardly seen sign. If you choose correctly, the item will be given to you for being forged as a greater item in Waterfall City; and if you choose wrongly, you will be perished and moved to the Arena of Olympus to fight for your life and the item will also be destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.