• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The SC2 Marine

Meh, I was bored and had 12 hours to spare, and this is the result.
A brand new nice and HD Marine from Starcraft 2!

Marines are the standard frontline infantry of the Terrans, from the universe of Starcraft 2. They were former convicts, and are masters of adaptability and survival. You don't mess with a Marine.

Skin heavily modified, Marine model minorly modified, and added a custom portrait.
Also, if you've got some space to spare, you can download this HD skin and import it as 'MarineNew.blp'.
Its got a heavy Team-colour suit of armor, and this model has an internal portrait.

The skin can be used on any other Marine model with the same wrap as the original, and I give full permission for you to edit, distribute, CnP, whatever, so long as you give me credits.
Might be making an Infested Marine soon.

Enjoy, give some feedback, rating and criticism. Shut the f*** up, I know it's not Halo.

-GhostThruster.

UPDATE 1: Minor edits to the helmet, removed a little black bit at the back.
UPDATE 2: Removed back lights, Ganondorf enlargened shoulders.
UPDATE 3: Fixed up portrait, Pyramidhe@d added proper Gauss Rifle
UPDATE 4: Remade portrait, fixed up its crash bug
UPDATE 5: Changed portrait into Human face, fixed up some minor things
UPDATE 6: Brought back old portrait, added those reactors at the back, thinned the legs

Keywords:
Marine, Soldier, Shooter, Rifleman, Terran, Starcraft 2, ,United Earth Directorate, UED, Human, HD, New, Nice, not unsc and not Halo
Contents

The SC2 Marine (Model)

The SC2 Marine (Model)

Reviews
General Frank: Works in-game. Quite useful model and good skin. Works in-game approved. Approved
Level 5
Thats Perfect for my Epic Space Battle!! Thanks Man!! And Its AWESOME Model 4/5, i only dont give you 5/5 because of the Head, looks very wierd...
But Very Awesome man, i loved it

Level 13
Its good enough, but maybe you could make 2 versions. One with an open helmet and one with a closed one :D

~Update~
I've updated my model, so it will have a Human face instead of a helmet. However, the portrait model has a big filesize, and it requires 2 textures, so, here's the old portrait if anyone needs some space.

EDIT: Due to the open-helm version being rather unpopular and file-size consuming, I've deleted it.

Last edited:
Level 8
~Update~
I've updated my model, so it will have a Human face instead of a helmet. However, the portrait model has a big filesize, and it requires 2 textures, so, here's the old portrait if anyone needs some space.
This was needed. I really hated the open-helm version (looks like chimpanzee lol) I was going to request a close-helm version if I wouldn't have noticed this post. Good model (using the hd version) but close-helm portrait has some "weird" talk animations. You may want to work on that some at a later time.
Edit: I edited attack sound, talk animations etc for personal use (of course you are still getting your credit) I have a "quick" question however; how do I remove that projectile launch effect on the gun via model editor? =)
(Not the blue flash, those yellowish things that supposed to be bullets I mean)

Last edited:
Level 2
Nice... hope ppl make more of this SC2 stuff since I cant't play it on my com :(

Level 6
Nice going mate! This is the third Starcraft II model that looks the same as the original. And I do have Starcraft II and play it every day and to be honest, Warcraft III is not as developed in gameplay but in the community and models, icons, skins, etc; Warcraft III beats it 500 times.