• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

sc2 marine importation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
edit: i read something wrong. so it's a model and a skin, i guess. hmm...
i think it used to just be a skin and now it's a model and a skin. kindof confusing.
there was already a marine model in warcraft 3, taken from starcraft 1.
this skin was simply a newskin for an existing model that doesn't need importation. i think only the skin needed importing. import it as a skin and you should be ok.

don't forget after importing and making sure the path and name are correct for the skin, all you have to do is choose the original marine model for the unit and save the map and exit world editor, then load world editor and the map back up before you can view the new skin. and to view the portrait for the model you'll want to go in game. but now we have an entirely new model to pick from so i guess you need to set the model of the unit to the new model instead of the old one.

now it's possible that you have older files and you need to just delete your imported files and import new ones. if you still have problems after following standard skin and model importing guidelines, post back about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.