• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Planet Mars

Would you like to work in this project?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2

└▪ıı|| THE PLANET MARS ||ıı▪┐

Scenerio

In year 2037, majority of water on Earth was polluted. Governments started researches on finding new water sources. International Bilateral Space Coalition of Russia and China discovered formation of water crystals on Mars surface. They initiated a secret mission: first manned campaign to Mars. However, the information leak created a scandal and billions of people protested the secret act. International Multilateral Space Coalition of United States, European Union and Japan immediately launched their own shuttle to confront the enemy on Mars.
Mission Objective

Eliminate the enemy coalition to become the monopoly supplier of water and oxygen!
IMSC (International Multilateral Space Coalition of United States, European Union and Japan)
USA – Astronaut - Mission Commander
USA – Astronaut - Science Officer
France – Spationaute - Medical Officer
German – Astronaut - Engineer
Japan – Robonaut - Worker

IBSC (International Bilateral Space Coalition of Russia and China)
Russia – Cosmonaut - Missii Kommandir
Russia – Cosmonaut - Uchenii
Russia – Cosmonaut - Doktor
China – Taikonaut - Gong Cheng Shi
China – Robonaut - Gong Ren
Dynamics of the Game

• Game will start in two of 10 pre-determined base positions in same region. IMSC and IBSC bases will be 2 base locations very far away from each other. All necessary stations will be inside of that Shuttle to be station right away.
  • This is a single character command game. It is highly inspired by maps like Jungle Trolls, Cruise Command and Metastasis yet it is unique as all these maps are.
  • Science officer and Engineer are key roles. Therefore game can be played min 2v2 and max 5v5. Same character can not be selected twice.
  • Oxygen is a key element. You will be carrying oxygen tube in your inventory, and your oxygen indicator will be your mana. You can use oxygen tubes to full your mana. Scientist or Engineer can create oxygen tubes from the water crystals Robot and Engineer will harvest. Furthermore, after harvested more resources like Uranite Crystal (Scientist will transform to Uranium) to power up your stations, Engineer will station heavy defense systems, mines etc. or key units like UAV or advantageous station: communication tower.
  • The key point to the victory is: nuking the enemy base using the rocket you fueled and its nuclear warhead or biological weapon warhead you powered. When you hit the enemy main shuttle and air production station with nuclear warhead, enemy will be without air. The enemy, who has no air and therefore who has no time, will rush to your base where you will have advantage to defend with your defense systems. If you hit with biological weapon, you will have slightly damaged their stations yet might have put them to a slow poison, which again will require them to rush your base.
Suggested players

Players who can think analytical and enjoy making well calculated critical decisions for victory. Its not a counter strike or dota map, you have only one life, you can’t revive if you die.
Screenshots?

We attached some screenshots with models we got from the forum. Terrain requires A LOT of work and we require custom models. Yet, we will be persistent on our mission to The Planet Mars.

84418d1277607721-planet-mars-deployment.jpg

84419d1277607721-planet-mars-face-off.jpg

84420d1277607721-planet-mars-teams-confronting.jpg

84421d1277607721-planet-mars-robot-work.jpg

84422d1277607721-planet-mars-ambush.jpg
Loading Screen:
It will be painted by a professional painter whose paintings exhibited at several international galleries.

What we need for the mission?
We are looking for new terrain editors, trigger editors, model editors, public relation member (for forum discussions) and website editor (for a forum) to join our mapping team. Basically if you want to contribute this map anyway you can, don’t hesitate to contact. We are confident that, once we are done, this map will be played in all servers and it is a for sure nominee to be a legend.

For application, please add to MSN or send your emails to:
[email protected]

Gentlemen, welcome to The Planet Mars.​

Last edited:
Level 2
I don't want to look like spamming but its really funny that this thread didn't even receive any comments :razz:
I am sure it deserves some contribution even by comments.. I am aware that mostly 'space' based projects get low attention yet maps like Cruiser Command and Metastasis are probably most clever maps out there! :grin:

Level 2
I would like to help, i can help with heroes spells,data and custom items, customs heroes, custom spells, its an not-so-old topic, which i would like to help

Level 2
I am glad finally we see people that are eager to help. I am honored :thumbs_up:
As I wrote you can contact me on MSN, I ll be waiting :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.