• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Plague of Lordaeron

History

The Scourge of Lordaeron

After preparing for many long months, Kel'Thuzad and his Cult of the Damned finally struck the first blow by releasing the plague of undeath upon Lordaeron. Uther and his fellow paladins investigated the infected regions in the hope of finding a way to stop the plague. Despite their efforts, the plague continued to spread and threatened to tear the Alliance apart.

As the ranks of the undead swept across Lordaeron, Terenas' only son, Prince Arthas, took up the fight against the Scourge. Arthas succeeded in killing Kel'Thuzad, but even so, the undead ranks swelled with every soldier that fell defending the land. Frustrated and stymied by the seemingly unstoppable enemy, Arthas took increasingly extreme steps to conquer them. Finally Arthas' comrades warned him that he was losing his hold on his humanity.

Arthas' fear and resolve proved to be his ultimate undoing. He tracked the plague's source to Northrend, intending to end its threat forever. Instead, Prince Arthas eventually fell prey to the Lich King's tremendous power. Believing that it would save his people, Arthas took up the cursed runeblade, Frostmourne. Though the sword did grant him unfathomable power, it also stole his soul and transformed him into the greatest of the Lich King's death knights. With his soul cast aside and his sanity shattered, Arthas led the Scourge against his own kingdom. Ultimately, Arthas murdered his own father, King Terenas, and crushed Lordaeron under the Lich King's iron heel.

In this campaign, you follow this history, but you play as the Undead.

Player Info:
Race: Undead
Heroes: Kel'Thuzad (Chapter 1, 2, 3), Mal'Ganis ( Chapter 3, 4, 5)
Major Enemy Heroes: Arthas Menethil (All chapters)
Minor Enemy Heroes: Jaina Proudmoore (Chapter 3), Uther the Lightbringer, Muradin Bronzebeard (Chapter 4)

Credits
Low_Kwaliti
HappyTauren
Blizzard Entertainment
- Quest bugs fixed.
- Experience gaining decreased from 50% to 20%.
- Lich King Model replaced.
- Culling of Stratholme dialogue sounds replaced with Blizzard World of Warcraft Sounds.
- Chapter Five: Arthas' Divine shields now last 15 seconds instead of 45.
- Sindragosa's Spawning from air is now fixed in Finale cinematic.

Keywords:
Arthas, Kel'Thuzad, infection, plaguelands, Lordaeron, Mal'Ganis, Northrend, Frostmourne
Contents

The Plague of Lordaeron (Campaign)

I thought you may be able to help on my project I'd really like to actually finish, a campaign based on wow that tells of the tales of northrend. The entire campaign will be based on wotlk and my view on it. People say wow raped the storyline, but I think you have to think of some things. The story tells of wow from a unit standpoint, not just adventurers. The game will focus mainly on units taking down the big people, however you will have access to adventurers, in some way... If legion messages me I will give him the details. You could really help with this. I've started work on the cinematic so the project is underway. Thanks! :)

By big people, I'm talking Thrall, The Lich King, Varian Wrynn, Bolvar Fordragon, they're all major players, not to mention Muradin Bronzebeard who is back from the dead(I'm glad I always liked him although go figure how he was just mortally wounded from frostmourne anyway...). Those are the people that are some of the most powerful in the warcraft world. I intended to have them all.

Level 4
THe campaign was entertaining, the end was pure win, but could've been a little better.
There are some Gramar Mistakes, i suggest you check them.
Altough, you get a 4/5 from me.

Level 31
Plague of Lordaeron was an undead campaign by Legion_King Doom.

When I first watch the prologue, I notice the camera was stiff once inawhile and when they moves; they're rather ugly as the movement was rather fast and inconsistent once inawhile. You should also fix the interface to undead interface rather than leaving it random.

You should also use game cache to load chapter 1 right away; instead of log back to the main menu.

Next comes the Chapter 1, I immediately notice KelThuzad ability was sharing the same hotkey. That's definitely a bad idea, I was trying to learn Banish by clicking the B button and I wound up learning Shadow Bolt. You should have fix the hotkey and never allowed a same command to share a hotkey; if you view any blizzard map; there is no command that share the same hotkey. Fix the Raise Skeleton and Death & Decay hotkey as well.

I could have sworn that I notice an grammar error in your quest description. It should be Destroy the human base at the southeast instead of to the southeast. Then again, I could be wrong about it. :p

The terrain at chapter 1 was decent; you did quite a good job in tiles variation and height. But it could be improve by adding some destructible/doodad like weed and flower at the field instead of just using tiles variation only. I notice the field at the north of the base lack of the natural beauty.

Next comes the difficulty issues, my god!! Invading Arthas base was like trying to broke an iron bar. The Villager Captain at Arthas based was hard to be killed due to the fact that most of my forces got to bypass Arthas troops before I managet to get close enough to kill the Captain.

Killing the Captain and getting the abomination doesn't make the game any easy either, I need to try various trick before I finally breach his defense. I try to use 1 dozen necromancer and a bunch of abomination + wagon to breach the defense and it doesn't work as the priest constantly dispell, rendering those massive amount of skeleton to be useless.

It was only a full scale of abomination and placing a blight at combat area that finally contribute to the victory (I even run out of gold mine at 3 places before I manage to breach the defense). As much as the difficulty proceed, it was way to hard for chapter 1; you should ease the difficulty.

Next came chapter 2, I notice the camera often move and stop, move and stop. You should have always let the camera move slowly especially during an conversation.

The only thing annoy me was making the shortcut as cutting the tree takes time, but I doesn't see anything wrong with chapter 2.

As for chapter 3, it was way too short that I do not have enough time to go outside the base to expand the base and neither killing the creep since both human sides would keep me busy till the 15 minutes are up. To top up with, purchasing the zeppelin to explore the entire map in within 15 minutes seems to be impposible. If there is any optional quest in this chapter, it would be a total waste.

And you should set everybody invulnerable or pause when the game end, so the cinematic execute. The other unit would not combat against one another.

When the 15 minutes are up, my base was attacked and the mage cast blizzard at my base. During the cinematic sequences, I could hear the combat sound of my unit and the blizzard. If you view any wc3 campaign, they often set the unit invulnerable or pause the unit once an require quest was accomplish.

For chapter 4, the difficulty was way too easy. All I gotta do was wait for Arthas to attack and once he is killed, I retaliate by sending a group of crypt fiend right to it.

When I was playing chapter 4, I had been afk for awhile after destroying Arthas structure (I do not destroy all of it) only to find out that Hadronox die all of the sudden and the quest complete by itself.

I also notice some cinematic message was too long and yet the time was too short to read it, you might want to fix it.

For chapter 5, I was wondering why do you even add marketplace since it was pointless.

The epilogue cinematic was poorly done, but I won't be commenting about this cinematic issues.

Overall, the campaign still have lot's of issues that need to be sort out. It ain't that bad, but it ain't that great either and doesn't have any errors that completely bug the campaign.

This resources are ready to be approve, but it still isn't ready to be recommend to everybody until the author itself fix most of the errors. My rating was 3/5 (Useful).

Level 1
This map looks awesome, but I can't play it. =(
Whenever I select "The Plague of Lordaeron" in the custom campaigns menu, my game crashes. =(
Any solutions?

Level 10
Sorry I wasn't here for a while.

GamingFreak212 said:
how bout you add we add elven archers and swordsman(NOT THE HUMAN FOOTMEN)

What do you mean "you add we add elven archers and swordsman", didn't get it but if you mean better to change the Footmen model into swordsmen it requires a certain reason.

atleboy said:
This map looks awesome, but I can't play it. =(
Whenever I select "The Plague of Lordaeron" in the custom campaigns menu, my game crashes. =(
Any solutions?

Hmmm... first who encountered this problem with my campaign, I don't know if it's your system's problem but I doubt that because it's nothing higher than others, it's just a normal campaign, and could be also patch problem, if you've tried trolman's solution and it was successful then nothing, but if remained like that I can't help any further, sorry.

Level 2
Good campaing... Some maps are a little boring, you need to work on the details of the terrian and trees... details make a good difference... But it's awsome to play with kel'thrusard and Mal'aganis! a very good work!
4/5

Sorry for the bad english but im brazilian.... cya

Level 1
Really wanted to play this campaign, but no matter how many times i download it, when i click the name of the campaign to play it, the game automatically closes. Can anyone help me pleeeease? xD
PS: Sorry for my stupid english try, i'm 13 and im from Argentina :p

Level 10
Hey, didn't check here for some time.

I don't think it had such problems and no one else talked about them, it might be something wrong with your game, patch or something Sergey, it worked fine for others.

Kel-Thuzadm you didn't put the campaign in your custom campaigns folder in your warcraft folder perhaps.

Level 1
Awesome Campaign 10 / 10

EPIC !!!!!!!!!

But the difficult is Externally tough i retried chapter 1 more then 5 times and i getting owned by the computers combo of footman + priest + knights,
no to mention just to get into his base is nearly impossible, does anyone have a counter for this in chapter 1 ?

any help here would be appreciated =)

Last edited:
Level 1
Victory Guide

Awesome Campaign 10 / 10

EPIC !!!!!!!!!

But the difficult is Externally tough i retried chapter 1 more then 5 times and i getting owned by the computers combo of footman + priest + knights,
no to mention just to get into his base is nearly impossible, does anyone have a counter for this in chapter 1 ?

any help here would be appreciated =)

Keep defending until they form a huge blue army of knights, priests big chest ladies footman and the big artha guy. Get two crypts and many zigurettes. Buy 4 necromancers, two meat wagons and many ghouls. 24 is recommanded. more would be even better. I would select all ghouls then press ctrl 1. So that when you press 1 it would simply select all of them. Do this again for another group. You can simultaneously launch them and send behind necromancers to drown the enemy with undead bones. let the wagons destroy the towers and unit production buildings. be sure to leave some building remaining to finish the second quest. The orb of darkness helps greatly in the second level if you can find it. Cheers xD

Level 3
This campaign started out great but after a the 3rd mission it just went down hill.
to me this didn't feel like a custom made campaign. It felt like someone who wanted to get know but didn't know how so they took Blizzard made campaigns, reversed the point of view and the added it Blizzard voice overs to make it seem better. The point of making a custom campaign is to tell a story or to make an alternate universe to the Blizzard one and this could have been such a great campaign. I think you should have created your own universe and kept Kel'Thuzard alive and done the whole thing in Lordaron. The best feature this had was in the first few mission where it was difficult but later in the campaign it just to esay. In the second to last mission I don't even think I tried because I just let the computer win if for me and same for the last mission. I think you need to redo this campaign and make a whole new universe because you have a great talant making missions as I saw in the first few chapters but then you seemed to become lazy and just use Blizzard made content.
2/5

Level 3
Well this campaign is quite old and I didn't have much skills back then and well I'd regret to say that I had lost the motivation to edit and improve the chapters again.

If you don't want to edit the current chapters you should make another campagin. You are a very good campaign make and I would hate for you to quit making the.

Level 11
well the dwarves technology would not be available in first mission for humans as long as Undeads have only Ghouls and Necromancers.
and i wanted to keep the story line like the RoC campaign of humans, so Arthas must not die at the begining.
Kel'Thuzad's Raise Dead ability is something like Crypt Lord's summon Beetle or something like that ability.
the Scarlet Crusade was in Stratholme's Crusader's Square before and after rise of the Scourge.
And this campaign will have more chapters soon, like the Culling of Stratholme, but it will not be like the Culling in human campaign. will be approved soon :D
Get your facts right please, search wowwiki if you don't believe me:
1.The Scarlate Crusade was created after Arthas became the Lich King from what was left of Garithos' forces, they did not exist in Stratholme before that
2.The Scourge had Crypt Fiends and Nerubian structures from before Kel'Thuzad was recruited as a Necromancer, Ner'zhul added them to his ranks almost immediately after he started the Spider War with the Nerubian race, which is very short of his imprisonment in the Frozen Throne

Level 3
Ahm...

Well my review:
Missions are so hard to beat and in first mission there should be footmen and dwarves, not priests -.-, the scarlete crusade is created after the arthas becoming lich king.
There is so many untruly facts like in last mission humans should attack the undead base and crush it, not the undead crush the humans base. In the mission where kel'thuzad was killed - mal'ganis didn't come to help him.
3/5

Level 1
Error

This Application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: D:\Warcraft III\war3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6D9F759B

The instruction at '0x6D9F759B' referenced memory at '0x000000000'
The memory could not be 'read'

Press OK to terminate the application

Solution please

Level 3
there is only thing i can say bad about this mission is that in the level where you have to get those meat wagons to that circle the problem is that the enemy has way too big army

Yeah, that too, I mentioned that in my review
SerbianBoyZz said:
]
Missions are so hard to beat
And there are untruly facts like that scarlet crusade

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It does not even match the value of Reign of Chaos. It would have been an interesting idea to see/play the Scourge's side but this failed here in many parts.

prologue:
-well the unprotected/unsupervised villagers could have just ran

chap1:
-strange thing is that Arthas attacked Kel'Thuzad's group from the north and did not follow him to the base. Then Arthas attacks from the south
-why must the Murlocs have a commander? Can't they just be living there? At night they sleep. They should all wake up if a group of them is attacked (the others would hear the battle sounds)
-Skeletons may walk along the big eastern wall
-destroyed the blue base, main quest completed but Arthas was still alive with some little hp left. He died and the main quest completed again and so, there were two Mal'Ganises and then each dialogue doubled
-why didn't they kill Arthas?

chap2:
-I've destroyed the blue southwestern base
-every camera pan to blue units also modifies the camera that has to be reset using the DELETE key
-apart from Arthas running after two spawned Skeletons in the cinematic scene, Kel'Thuzad one shot a tower...
-where did Arthas run to? He and his troops could've basically defeated Kel'Thuzad and his few warriors
-no danger element. The enemy bases can easily be destroyed

interlude:
-Kel'Thuzad takes the time to tell Arthas what's this plague all about but then tells him he already wasted too much time!?

chap3:
-defended for 15 minutes only to get Kel'Thuzad killed at the end!? Where were Mal'Ganis and the troops?
-the siege didn't feel like one

interlude:
-chapter four does not start after this. The campaign menu is instead loaded

chap4:
-suddenly Mal'Ganis is level 6
-the purple undead attacks the enemy from the pits...
-Main Quest Completed: Hodronox. I think the blue AI killed him... but the victor is the player... Funny thing is that only that creature was dead but not the guards on the way
-Anub'arak-like units have glow
-the human base has a lot of unfinished buildings. They finished them later
-after the blue heroes die, they don't return
-Captain spawns near the Barracks a while after he's killed and still appears if the Barracks is destroyed
-end stage cinematic scene: some dialogues run too fast

chap5:
-lame; only that stupid Dreadlord to play with...
-WARNING: The Guardian has been defeated! What Guardian!?
-the Marketplace doesn't sell anything...
-the enemy has no heroes to push on the corridors. The purple undead can win on its own where the Death Knight attacks...
-units may return to the base instead of further attacking...
-Guard Towers have more than double HP than Cannon Towers
-Main Quest doesn't have a requirement
-killing Arthas ends the level... No logic. Mal'Ganis won but he died

finale:
-has nothing to do with RoC. It's basically a Wrath of the Lich King rip...

-there is no Credits map

The "hardest" level was the first one. That means it matched the normal difficulty. The rest... were easy.

Level 2
Why i cant start the your campaign? everytime i wanted to start the campaign the game crashed and ur campaign icon in my wc3 are blank.

The other campaign tht i download never crashed except this campaign

can u pls help me out i really wanna play this campaign

Level 2
this is the problem in my laptop on your campaign . could you please help me to fix it

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_071016_142532_01.tga
    4 MB · Views: 154
  • WC3ScrnShot_071016_142538_02.tga
    4 MB · Views: 799