• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Plague of Lordaeron

History

The Scourge of Lordaeron

After preparing for many long months, Kel'Thuzad and his Cult of the Damned finally struck the first blow by releasing the plague of undeath upon Lordaeron. Uther and his fellow paladins investigated the infected regions in the hope of finding a way to stop the plague. Despite their efforts, the plague continued to spread and threatened to tear the Alliance apart.

As the ranks of the undead swept across Lordaeron, Terenas' only son, Prince Arthas, took up the fight against the Scourge. Arthas succeeded in killing Kel'Thuzad, but even so, the undead ranks swelled with every soldier that fell defending the land. Frustrated and stymied by the seemingly unstoppable enemy, Arthas took increasingly extreme steps to conquer them. Finally Arthas' comrades warned him that he was losing his hold on his humanity.

Arthas' fear and resolve proved to be his ultimate undoing. He tracked the plague's source to Northrend, intending to end its threat forever. Instead, Prince Arthas eventually fell prey to the Lich King's tremendous power. Believing that it would save his people, Arthas took up the cursed runeblade, Frostmourne. Though the sword did grant him unfathomable power, it also stole his soul and transformed him into the greatest of the Lich King's death knights. With his soul cast aside and his sanity shattered, Arthas led the Scourge against his own kingdom. Ultimately, Arthas murdered his own father, King Terenas, and crushed Lordaeron under the Lich King's iron heel.

In this campaign, you follow this history, but you play as the Undead.

Player Info:
Race: Undead
Heroes: Kel'Thuzad (Chapter 1, 2, 3), Mal'Ganis ( Chapter 3, 4, 5)
Major Enemy Heroes: Arthas Menethil (All chapters)
Minor Enemy Heroes: Jaina Proudmoore (Chapter 3), Uther the Lightbringer, Muradin Bronzebeard (Chapter 4)

Credits
Low_Kwaliti
HappyTauren
Blizzard Entertainment
- Quest bugs fixed.
- Experience gaining decreased from 50% to 20%.
- Lich King Model replaced.
- Culling of Stratholme dialogue sounds replaced with Blizzard World of Warcraft Sounds.
- Chapter Five: Arthas' Divine shields now last 15 seconds instead of 45.
- Sindragosa's Spawning from air is now fixed in Finale cinematic.

Keywords:
Arthas, Kel'Thuzad, infection, plaguelands, Lordaeron, Mal'Ganis, Northrend, Frostmourne
Contents

The Plague of Lordaeron (Campaign)

Level 9
.... the dialogue was horrible and the grammar/sentence structure was annoying to read.

"Is the grains at all the bases" or something similar is a great example.

"The grains" -> "Grain"

The gameplay was lacking... and the cinematics were not very clean since the terrain wasn't at all very appealing.

For your work put into it I will give a 2/5 instead of a 1/5.

Level 16
i finally had time to test it out. :). i think its actually pretty good! a few stuff i didn't like here and there :/ but overall it was awesome!. i hope you'll try to make the rest of the campaigns the same way.(i mean, make it contra-blizzards story :p). nice idea 5/5

Level 1
Found a bug...
Its Kel'Thuzad's skill, his 1st skill(Shadow Bolt), has the description of his "Raise Dead"
skill, besides that, I can use Shadow Bolt without any cooldown because it can be
"Auto-Casted" it can be used like a searing arrow or a frost arrow...

Level 22
Barathrum's Review (Map Reviewer)

Terrain:

Well looked ok so far, but what's with the purple boxes? They seem to replace some houses in the game... Tho you don't have any imports... For now i must count as bug, as soon as it turns out as anything else i'll fix. (6/10)

Gameplay:

I must say I found a lot of things wrong in the cinematic:
-There aren't any sounds (Example: when the dreadlord appears there could be some sound, or so, or when he killed the child, when he slept the villager... Makes a cinematic much more interesting )
-At unit talking the only Graphic display of who said something was the Dreadlord, the Lich was black, and so was the one who said "NO!", about this we don't know who said NO!, was it the child in pain? Was it his father? ...
-The camera wasn't exactly the best, but it didn't go through objects like in some cases. (But was very near to hit a house.:wink:) (2/10)

Aditional Information:

Score Board:

0%-49% = 1/5 vote for rejection
50%-60% = 2/5 but i vote for either rejection or approval
61%-70% = 2/5 but i vote for approval
71%-80% = 3/5 vote for approval
81%-92% = 4/5 vote for approval
93%-100% = 5/5 vote for approval
Results:

Map Rating: 1 (Unacceptable)

Total: 8/20
= 40%

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Terrain:

Terrain looks ok, except maybe to flat. (8/10)

Gameplay:

This chapter is very good. Quests, story cinematics, all ok, except again the Dreadlord and Lich picture when talking is black. (9/10)

Aditional Information:

Score Board:

Results:

Map Rating: 4 (Recommended)

Total: 17/20
= 85%

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Terrain:

The terrain was ok again, but still to flat again...(8/10)

Gameplay:

In this chapter, I found some bugs:
-There were many units without a model
-There were those purple boxes again
-When I came to the circle, it said Main quest completed 2 times. (5/10)

Aditional Information:

Score Board:

Results:

Map Rating: 2 (Lacking)

Total: 13/20
= 65%

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Terrain:

This time terrain is all ok (10/10)

Gameplay:

Well in this one i didn't find any bugs (10/10)

Aditional Information:

Score Board:

Results:

Map Rating: 5 (Highly Recommended)

Total: 20/20
= 100%

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Terrain:

The terrain is somehow to same in all cases, always the 8 rating because to flat :wink: (8/10)

Gameplay:

Well works properly exept that Lich and Dreadlord black again (8/10)

Aditional Information:

Score Board:

Results:

Map Rating: 3 (Useful)

Total: 16/20
= 80%

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Terrain:

Well no comment (10/10)

Gameplay:

Even though the story is kind of near to the original, other than that, works perfectly. (10/10)

Aditional Information:

Score Board:

Results:

= 100%

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Terrain:

Well, finaly some much other terrain ^^ (10/10)

Gameplay:

This time everything was ok (10/10)

Aditional Information:

Score Board:

Results:

= 100%

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Terrain:

Terrain is ok again (10/10)

Gameplay:

Was simply my mistake, I'm sorry ^^ (10/10)

Aditional Information:

Score Board:

Results:

Total: 10/20
= 50%

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Overall

Score Board:

Total: 134/160
= 83,75%

Vote for Approval

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Last edited:
Level 18

Terrain:

Well looked ok so far, but what's with the purple boxes? They seem to replace some houses in the game... Tho you don't have any imports... For now i must count as bug, as soon as it turns out as anything else i'll fix. (6/10)

Gameplay:

I must say I found a lot of things wrong in the cinematic:
-There aren't any sounds (Example: when the dreadlord appears there could be some sound, or so, or when he killed the child, when he slept the villager... Makes a cinematic much more interesting )
-At unit talking the only Graphic display of who said something was the Dreadlord, the Lich was black, and so was the one who said "NO!", about this we don't know who said NO!, was it the child in pain? Was it his father? ...
-The camera wasn't exactly the best, but it didn't go through objects like in some cases. (But was very near to hit a house.:wink:) (2/10)

Aditional Information:

Score Board:

Results:

Map Rating: 1 (Unacceptable)

Total: 8/20
= 40%

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Terrain:

Terrain looks ok, except maybe to flat. (8/10)

Gameplay:

This chapter is very good. Quests, story cinematics, all ok, except again the Dreadlord and Lich picture when talking is black. (9/10)

Aditional Information:

Score Board:

Results:

Total: 17/20
= 85%

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Terrain:

The terrain was ok again, but still to flat again...(8/10)

Gameplay:

In this chapter, I found some bugs:
-There were many units without a model
-There were those purple boxes again
-When I came to the circle, it said Main quest completed 2 times. (5/10)

Aditional Information:

Score Board:

Results:

Total: 13/20
= 65%

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Wird the custom models probably screwed up.

Level 5
the campaign was quite poorly done. there was alot of mis-spelling and generally just wasnt fun. there was also one bug that i noticed in the first map, when you attack the golem gaurding the gold mine to the north the camera changes over to the battle in that area and each time a unit enters the area it changes to that camera again, it needs to be removed completly or changed to only once. you did however have some good things going in the terrain, only one i didnt like was the first northrend map only because there was way to much empty space. i give a 2/5 only becuase it wasnt the worst campaign i ever played.

I like your map however I have to say that your first chapter is beyond impossible to defeat and I can't cheat for some reason and I can't continue to the next chapter because it doesn't create a default(I can show you how to do that) anyways, I've been trying for 2 hours to do it and it just doesn't happen. Arthas is OP and he just kills all my minions I'd advise removing the shield from him because it makes him too powerful. I'd like to know how anyone can defeat arthas when his army is pimped and just plain impossible to get past with just ghouls, necros, and meat wagon because they have almost no armor and the other team has knights.

Level 18
I like your map however I have to say that your first chapter is beyond impossible to defeat and I can't cheat for some reason and I can't continue to the next chapter because it doesn't create a default(I can show you how to do that) anyways, I've been trying for 2 hours to do it and it just doesn't happen. Arthas is OP and he just kills all my minions I'd advise removing the shield from him because it makes him too powerful. I'd like to know how anyone can defeat arthas when his army is pimped and just plain impossible to get past with just ghouls, necros, and meat wagon because they have almost no armor and the other team has knights.

Try this:
Build alot of necros 37 (70 food)(cast rise dead as soon as you meet arthas but remember to have alot of corpses)
Build 5 Meat Wagons (12 food)(make sure they're full with corpses)
You already have 5 actoyles (5 food)
And Kel'Thuzad (5 food)
Thats total 100 food and when you attack make sure thats in a big opend area cuz if the skeletons get stuck they'll die in time and you'll lose,aloso f you stil have the money build some towers infront of artha's base and just drive him out.

Level 4
I have to agree with some of the previous posters, the first map is extremely difficult... giving Arthas knights on the first level is a little too much... combined with the Priests and the Sorceresses my Necro/Ghoul army doenst stand a chance... should remove the Knights or give the Undead the ability to produce Abominations (Going from RoC Arthas doesnt have command of Knights that early into the plague anyway, he doesnt get the ability to command Knights till Stratholme)... at the very least Obsidian Statues would be nice, then at least the Undead would have a healer unit as well.

Through-out the entire campaign, poor wording and typo's make it very hard to get into the story... but as for Bugs...

In the first level I noticed that the Granite Golem appeared twice, and after destroying it the second time it respawned, but didnt do anything (didnt attack, nor could it be attacked, it just stood there).

In the second level I realized that quite a few of the guards could be bypasted entirely, or attacked with Meat Wagons over the trees, and when I reached the river one of my meat wagons automatically attacked Arthas (who's on the other side of the river) and his Knights and triggered a scene with Kel'Thuzad fighting the S.C. swordsman... when the scene ended I found Kel'Thuzad had been transported to the other side and was completely cut off from the rest of my troops, and being attacked by 2 S.C. Swordsman, 4 Footman, and 2 Knights... needless to say Kel'Thuzad was killed and I failed the mission... so you might want to change that trigger to where Kel'Thuzad actually has to reach that spot before the cut-scene happens.

Overall thus far I like the campaign, the storyline is good though that's because it's RoC's storyline :p the maps are a little plain, though I liked the hidden Lich's in the first level (however it woulda been nice to have something happen there... maybe when Kel'Thuzad nears that area he says he feel's a familiar presence or something... just something to get player's attention)... I've disliked the straight forwardness thus far... I mean in the first mission there are 4 Villiages... but they serve no point... should add a side quest, give a reason to destroy the Villiages other then the only point of the level being to destroy Arthas's base.

Maps: 2/5
Storyline: 4/5
Difficulty: 2/5
Overal: 2.6/5

Side Note: Not finished with the campaign yet, so I'll likely be editing this.

Level 10
Never happened for me that Kel'Thuzad teleports somewhere else after the second cinematic when Arthas and the Scarlet Crusade are talking about the plague, will surely remove the knights in chapter one since many people have problems with it. Also will add a optional quest for first mission about infecting the villages.

I helped you with the black mask, but there is another things you must do. You have to hide the buttons and make the maps transition to one another. Since you may not know how to do this I will explain. There is a trigger called Game-Set Next Level and using this you can switch between levels. There is something you must do however. Blizzard made it complicated by adding maps before the mapname part. Delete the part so it says mapname.w3x. It should NOT say maps/mapname.w3x. Do this and you will be able to set your levels. Good Luck! :)

Level 10
I helped you with the black mask, but there is another things you must do. You have to hide the buttons and make the maps transition to one another. Since you may not know how to do this I will explain. There is a trigger called Game-Set Next Level and using this you can switch between levels. There is something you must do however. Blizzard made it complicated by adding maps before the mapname part. Delete the part so it says mapname.w3x. It should NOT say maps/mapname.w3x. Do this and you will be able to set your levels. Good Luck! :)

thx for the second help lighting brigade, i just read this even after the update, something happened to my Email and couldn't access to it, so it is no longer legion.king, and I could not get the news from Hive Workshop, have to update it again, but not just right now, need another thing to do with it.

Level 10
There is a problem with the sound and music in the Finale map, since i just imported the sound track of the WoW:WotLK cinematic, the sound is hard to hear unless you turn your speaker much louder or use a headphone, if anyone got any way to turn the sound track louder to hear Arthas' fathers' voice better, please inform me. Thank you

Level 10
I played through the entire campaign, and its pretty good. I only found a few glitches:
1: Some punctuation errors in the starting interlude
2: In Chapter 1, the golem area's camera never stops moving as long as there is a unit in the region
3: In The Arctic Land, Hodronox died as soon as I entered purples base for the first time (Nothing else died, but I completed the optional quest)
Overall, I say the campaign is 4/5. Can't say anything about the sounds/music, as I need to get speakers for my computer.

Level 1
Actually the Scourge took Northrend before attacking Lordaeron, and the Crypt Fiends Came from Northrend, so you could have them, also in the Actual RoC/TFT Campaigns the only way for the Scourge to get them there was by ship and this could be done in this one aswell,

Just my Opinion :D

Level 10
Actually the Scourge took Northrend before attacking Lordaeron, and the Crypt Fiends Came from Northrend, so you could have them, also in the Actual RoC/TFT Campaigns the only way for the Scourge to get them there was by ship and this could be done in this one aswell,

Just my Opinion :D

I don't think the storyline must be all completely based on the human campaign, just changing the sides is a bit boring.

Level 22
Update

Terrain:

Terrain was fitting, didn't see any problem with it. (10/10)

Gameplay:

I noticed this is from WoW :) the part when he summons that frost wyrm
The cinematic was nice, but the sounds were kind of silent. (10/10)

Aditional Information:

Score Board:

Results:

= 100%

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

Overall

Score Board:

81%-90% = 4/5 vote for approval
91%-100% = 5/5 vote for approval

Total: 154/170
= 90,58%

Vote for Approval

Ratings
5 (Highly Recommended)
4 (Recommended)
3 (Useful)
2 (Lacking)
1 (Unacceptable)
Final Notes

I'm ready to give you a rating of 5 now. This chapter makes it up. Good job :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 4
This looks awesome! but are you truly sure this is the last update? OMFG!? a campaing with just 2 megabytes.

I LOVED your campaign! Amazing man! Totally amazing! I mean seriously! The gameplay came together nicely especially after I dled the final version! I vote 5/5 especially since the final cinematic! Also, I've helped you legion so why don't you help me? I need to know how to you made the AIs for the units. Can you help? Also if you're looking to make the voice of the king louder(I heard it yes) set all sound channels to 100% at the start of the cinematic. Good Luck, and good job, you made a fun easy, and relaxing campaign! Thanks for the 2 hours of fun and excitement!

Level 10
I LOVED your campaign! Amazing man! Totally amazing! I mean seriously! The gameplay came together nicely especially after I dled the final version! I vote 5/5 especially since the final cinematic! Also, I've helped you legion so why don't you help me? I need to know how to you made the AIs for the units. Can you help? Also if you're looking to make the voice of the king louder(I heard it yes) set all sound channels to 100% at the start of the cinematic. Good Luck, and good job, you made a fun easy, and relaxing campaign! Thanks for the 2 hours of fun and excitement!

Thanks man, I really have to give you something or do something for you, rep is not enough, you helped me as some other people did.
What kind of AI do you want? I also made trolman's campaign AI, but both of these AIs (Plague of ... & trolman's campaign) are at beginner level, so I'm not very advanced in it, but will surely help you in it.

Level 18
Lets see so i watched the final cinematic and here are my toughts about it.
It was overall nice but the terrain was pritty flat and empty,the cliffs looked bad on their own and maybe you should have covered them with glaciers.
It would have looked much better if there was a white fog becase it is a storm after all.
The frost wyrn should fly higher becase ingame when it flew above the skeleton army,it hit a couple of skeletons whit its tail xD There were also some broken ramps.