1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Petrochemical Castle

Submitted by Novena Espada
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
-The Petrochemical Castle-

It is a map edited as a raid zone of WoW.

The countless battles between the Alliance and the Horde in Krasarang Wilds blasted unimaginable negative energies. All these energies combined with the powers of six Shas and then created the physical manifestation of greed——the Sha of Greed. Driven by the greed deep inside mortals, the Sha of Greed found the powerful and holy Petrochemical Castle. He corrupted all soldiers within the Castle. From here, he started to conquer Pandaria, and even Azeroth.

Screenshots
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Information

The Petrochemical Castle is a product of my game design to my university. I edited it as a raid zone of WoW, so every hero has up to 4 specializations for 3 types.

Every hero is able to increase their own threat to monsters, and monsters only attack the hero who has the highest threat to them.

A tank's job is making the highest threat to monsters and protecting allies in this way. A damage dealer's job is the meaning on the surface of its name, dealing damage to monsters and defeating them as fast as you can. A healer's job is healing your injuried allies and making them keep alive.

In the area on the right side of your start place, you can check your equipped items and read the Dungeon Journals of bosses.

In the Petrochemical Castle, there are 16 bosses await your challenge, the 16th boss is only active in Heroic Mode, just like the hidden boss Ra-den in the Throne of Thunder. So, you need spend time and patience to finish the game.

The Solo Mode is the easiest mode for only 1 player, for 100% experiencing the story.

The Normal Mode is designed for 5 to 12 players to play in Multiplayer. It is also an easy mode, but harder than the Solo.

The Heroic Mode is designed for 12 players who like challenging high difficulty, the essence of my design. Every boss in the Heroic Mode is much more difficult than themselves in the Normal and Solo.

Every boss has an enrage timer, they gain 9999% increased damage of autoattack when enrage. So, the damage data will be helpful for you to construct your group. So, the following data are how much damage every hero is able to deal based on their items at the beginning over 3 minutes in their talents.

Data of Damage
Shadow Priest: 8,397,269
Spider Shadowsoul Druid: 3,531,072
Undead Shadowsoul Druid: 6,914,029
Guardian Druid: 3,037,739
Feral Combat Druid: 7,959,744
Balance Druid: 6,214,251
Beast Master Hunter: 7,730,317
Brewmaster Monk: 5,505,792
Windwalker Monk: 7,587,093
Enhancement Shaman: 7,780,160
Elemental Shaman: 6,717,675
Defence Warrior: 3,521,536
Arms Warrior: 5,723,563
Protection Paladin: 4,274,560
Retribution Paladin: 6,173,867
Blood Death Knight: 3,490,176
Frost Death Knight: 7,806,379
Demon Warlock: 8,090,048
Subtlety Rogue: 7,454,656
Arcane Mage: 8,308,637

Good luck to you, heroes.

I won't continue to edit the series of the Petrochemical Castle for I have better ideas now. The Petrochemical Castle will be the only product of my old designed maps, so now you can read the abilities of the hidden boss here.

Change Log
[2016-09-26]
-Uploaded the Solo and Normal Mode.
[2016-10-17]
-Uploaded the Heroic Mode.
[2016-11-22]
-Fixed some mistakes in the Dungeon Journals.
[2016-12-08]
-Fixed some mistakes of items.
[2016-12-12]
-Fixed some mistakes in description of some mastery effects.
[2016-12-14]
-Fixed a problem of the system of threat, now if threat count of heroes are equal when fight against a type of monster, the monsters will choose a random hero to attack.
-Fixed a bug which is the fight in the start area causes system to judge you cheating in Solo Mode.
[2016-12-26]
-Fixed a problem which is the first selection of a talent causes your game freezing for a few seconds.
[2016-12-29]
-Now the death of Death Knight with the Blade effect is active no longer breaks the game.
-Now trinkets "Harbinger's Greatest Horn" and "Strong Hydra Scale" can work normally when used by Taric.
-Now Aegageon's Frost Judgement ability strikes heroes one by one over 6 sec, no longer strikes them at the same time.
-Now in Hoeric Mode, Wang Xianhua also grants one hero all stacks of Fel Mark when his Expertise Enhancement effect is active.
[2017-01-24]
-Now the Void Leech ability of Guo Wenli can work normally.
-Fixed some mistakes in the Dungeon Journal and abilities of heroes.
-Now the Barrage ability of Jiao Xiangdong is replaced by the System of Shocking Wave.
-Now in Heroic Mode, Sun Peiyong uses a black arrow to mark targets of his Spirit Mark ability.
[2017-02-07]
-Now you do not need to choose at least 5 heroes to start the game in Solo Mode, but you will have to do it in Normal and Heroic Mode.
-Now if a hero has been chosen by a player, he/she cannot be chosen by other players.
[2017-02-15]
-Now heroes are no longer invulnerable after they are chosen in Solo Mode.
[2017-03-24]
-Fixed some mistakes of description on items and names of bosses.
[2017-05-03]
-Now the System of Shocking Wave ability can work normally.
-Now Sun Peiyong owns 100 stacks of Metallic Scale effect and gains 100% increased armor per stack. And fixed the bugs that causes the total attacks causing him to lose the Metallic Scale effect less than requirement.
-Fixed the bugs may cause the Fel Horn and Cry of the Hawk King abilities cannot work normally.
-Fixed some mistakes on the description of items.
[2017-05-23]
-Fixed some small bugs.
-Now Sun Peiyong's Metallic Scale has the effect same to before.
-Now Zhang Qianwen's Infernal Strike ability can work normally.
[2017-07-26]
-Fixed a problem of Sun Peiyong's model.
-Now in Heroic Mode, You Xu will no longer transform after he has gained the Essence of Hades.

Credits
Special thanks to model makers in GA.

Dungeon Journal of the hidden boss
Stage One: I'm the Blood-Queen
At first, Guo Wenli fights with heroes by her blood power.

Blood Essence: Guo Wenli's abilities are able to trigger diverse effects based on target's missing health, or she can empower herself based on her missing health.

Blood Orb: While regenerating 100% Blood Energy, Guo Wenli drains all heroes' lives, every hero loses 90% health. Then, Guo Wenli will save their lives in a Blood Orb. When the Blood Orb is destroyed, heroes regenerate health. The regeneration of health is split evenly among all heroes within 400 ranges of the Blood Orb.

Bloody Inhibition: While the Blood Orb is active, every hero is unable to be healed more than 10% health.

Unmerciful Assault: Increases Guo Weli's Physical damage based on her target's missing health.

Shadowy Execution: Guo Wenli's melee attack deals additional 51,775 Shadow damage to all heroes within 1500 ranges.

Void Arrow: Stuns 4 heroes by the Void Arrows for 6 sec, causing 257,685 Shadow damage. The power of blood triggers diverse effects after 4.5 sec.

Void Arrow - Savage Assault: If the target's current health is more than 75%, Guo Wenli's Formless Shadowy Blades will fast strike him, causing 100% Shadow damage.

Void Arrow - Multishadow: If the target's current health is more than 50%, but less than 75%, Guo Wenli will empower the remaining power of the target's Void Arrow effect and shoot other 2 heroes by the Shadow Arrow, causing 68,535 Shadow damage every 3 sec.

Void Arrow - Blood Prison: If the target's current health is more than 25%, but less than 50%, the remaining energy of his Void Arrow will imprison 2 other heroes in the Blood Prison. The Blood Prisons stun them and cause 37,258 Shadow damage per sec.

Void Arrow - Blood Leech: If the target's current health is less than 25% health, Guo Wenli will instantly drain the hero's essence. This effect completely slays the hero and grants Guo Wenli 2 stacks of Unmerciful Execution effect.

Stage Two: I'll Drain You!
After the fourth Blood Orb is destroyed, Guo Wenli will stop to use her abilities, but start to use following abilities.

Unmerciful Execution: Increases Guo Wenli's Physical damage by 10% periodically.

Void Leech: Deals Shadow damage to all heroes, the damage equal to 20% of their maximum health, and an additional 6% per level of the Unmerciful Execution effect.

Designer's Notes
I won't continue to edit the series of the Petrochemical Castle for I have better ideas now. The Petrochemical Castle will be the only product of my old designed maps, and now I'm programming new systems in my new maps.
The preparing systems are talents, class set gears, and new enhancement. In new maps, the maximum level is increased to 100 and modes will be replaced by Normal, Heroic and Mythic modes.
The Normal mode replaces current Solo Mode, but all heroes have the Hero Aura effect in this mode too.
The Heroic mode replaces current Normal Mode, but nothing is changed.
The Mythic mode replaces current Heroic Mode, and it'll only allow 10 players to play in Multiplayer.
The new series of the Petrochemical Castle will only have 4 raids, then the story will finish. More details I'll publish in the future.
Contents

Petrochemical Castle (Heroic Mode) (Map)

Petrochemical Castle (Normal Mode) (Map)

Petrochemical Castle (Solo Mode) (Map)

Reviews
Rufus
Approved. The bug I mentioned seems to have been fixed. While there are still other issues, the map could get helathy by getting feedback from more people than me. If you want more reviews, try joining the Grand Review Exchange.
  1. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello, I'd like to point out a few things.

1-Use Mega File Upload - Free File Hosting to upload your other map versions, it's an english uploading site, although I'd recommend including a solo-mode in your original map
    2-Your map doesn't work not in World Editor, not in WC3 (Tried on Versions 1.26/1.27/1.0.0 and none of them work
    3-There's no way you'd be able to play a 40+ MB map in Multiplayer, neither in Battle.net nor in Gameranger or by any mean, max map size is 8 MB

2. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can upload more than one map to the hive, I don't see what the problem is?

Anyway, your description hardly tells us anything about the game itself, and I can't imagine that anyone would be tempted to play it as the description is very unappealing; it is just a wall of text with information.
    Try checking this out: Description - Map Template

3. Novena Espada

Novena Espada

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    May I ask how to upload more than one map here? I can only use one to create the resource, the others I may only be able to upload in the replies.

4. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Click the edit button on the bottom of your description. Then, under your map file, click the button "add map".

5. Novena Espada

Novena Espada

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Got it, thank you for telling me.

6. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Anytime. :)

7. PrinceYaser

PrinceYaser

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    woooooooow! What the hell is with this filesize??

8. Novena Espada

Novena Espada

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, like I said, they contain many models.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Christs, please hide the screenshots using [ hidden="blalala"] image link here [/hidden] or using [spolier] image link here [/spoiler]. Do not leave space between the [ and the text.

10. Novena Espada

Novena Espada

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You do not like to see the screenshots clearly? Fine, I'll try your way.

11. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You could really use to make your descirption more user friendly.
    I guarantee you that, unless someone already know what this is, no bdoy is gonna bather reading it, and very few would download the map.

Try reading this guide, and you might be able to turn it into something a little more selling.
    Description - Map Template

Good luck! :)

EDIT:
    The two multiplayer versions is over 8mb, which means you won't be able to play them on Battle.net. You hould include a suggestion on another platform that it is supposed to played at, so people will know what to do.

12. Novena Espada

Novena Espada

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You mean, I need to write my description shorter. In my opinion, all or most of it are necessary information that really can let others know what the game is and how to play. I know some players may have no patience to read the description for it's long. I'll think which part I can make it shorter. Maybe I will no longer need some of the screenshots.

I know the Normal and Heroic Mode are larger than 8 MB, but in fact, I also know it must have a way to break the bound, that is the document "game.dll" I uploaded before. But about that, I also have 2 questions. The first is that it will reduce the version of your Warcraft to 1.24, and the second is that I have no idea about whether it can be effective on Battle.net, we do not use it. For these 2 questions, I did not upload it this time. But I did read some replies in other resources, there are methods to solve this problem.

13. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is not what I meant.
    SHorter in some areas, yes, but you can keep all the information, just be sure reconstruct the description, because the potential downloader is greeted by a wall of text wich is very unattractive. Check the link I provided, and you'll see that it just about the presentation, not about giving less information. :)

14. Novena Espada

Novena Espada

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wrote a new one, what do you think about this description?

15. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Umm, there really isn't a big difference. All I see is the hidden tabs with the screenshots are removed?
    Did you read the link that I sent earlier?

16. Novena Espada

Novena Espada

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I read it, but did not understand it well. This weekend, I'll find a time to fix the descripition.

17. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good, good.
    Ask me if you have any questions about the guide! :)

18. Novena Espada

Novena Espada

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I fixed the description, what do you think about the newest one?

19. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Better!
    Here is what I think:

This can all be removed. Nobody is going to do that, it is just taking a lot of space in the description.

I don't understand what you mean by this, and I fail to see how this can be useful, and it is also taking a lot of space. I think this should be removed or hidden.

The rest of the information is good.
    Just before the story in the very top of the description, under the title, I think you should insert a single sentace describing to the player what kind of map this is.