• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

the old empire

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
the map lots tree and some cliff and sea behaind place allience and horde

امبراتورية

Keywords:
empire
Contents

the old empire (Map)

Reviews
13:17, 20th May 2014 Orcnet: lacking map description

M

13:17, 20th May 2014
Orcnet: lacking map description

Level 11
Description must only have English, I noticed that there is one Arabic word, and improve the description.

Level 21
A very cheap melee map. Here are the reasons:-

- Before I start the reasons, there is a major issue I must say. Description is terrible because it doesn't give me any info about the map and it includes the Arabic word (Empire) (I know this word because I'm Egyptian). According to the rules, ENGLISH is the only language allowed to be used when uploading maps. Remove the Arabic word and improve the description
- Now let's talk about the terrain. I noticed that it is completely flat and lacks of decorative doodads. Even tile variation is used badly
- The cliffs look really ugly and empty to me
- About the item drops, they are inappropriate. I can't imagine a miserable level 3 Murloc Nightcrawler dropping a mighty Orb of Forst (level 7 item). I don't even understand why item drops are specific and not random as in all melee maps
- The creeps at the center of the map are very powerful and I expected AT LEAST one of them to drop a powerful item. Sadly, this didn't happen
- The ramps are too small and restricted which makes it difficult for an army to pass it

SUGGESTIONS:-
- I strongly recommend to you to read tutorials about terraining before uploading a map
- Try using a "template" for your description, it will help a lot
- As I said in the beginning, remove the Arabic word or nothing will stop moderators from rejecting this map (even if it's a Director's Cut map!)
- Fix your item drops. Creeps should NEVER release items which have a higher level than the creep itself. Otherwise, it will be too easy to get the item. It would be also good if you let an Enraged Wildkin or, even better, a Bronze Dragon at the center of the map drop a powerful item
- For the flatness of your map, use the Raise/Lower tool in the Terrain Palette and that will fix the problem
- Add more doodads like Cactus, Geysers, Shurbs (even if they are not in the Barrens' doodads). Don't use only Barrens' doodads, try to use doodads of other categories

OVERALL RESULT:-
To conclude, this is a very poor melee map which lacks of too many essential stuff to get approved. 0.5/5 and vote for REJECTION