• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Empire

Reactions: Laercio
User who uploaded this Presents

Empire
Created by normalice

Map Info:
A somewhat standard map. Nothing too peculiar here, with the one exception of unguarded fountains of health being close to each starting location.

Features:

There are two natural expansions for each side, lightly guarded. Fast expansions are expected as the starting mine has 10k (each expansion mine has only 8k). There is one heavily guarded mine with 20k as well, in the middle. There is a chance of a rune of the watcher to drop off of one of the creeps in the middle mine.

The creep drops are perhaps a little better than they should be, but the creeps are symmetric so it should balance itself naturally.

The only somewhat quirky thing about this map is the cliff behind each base. There's a ramp up to it that is blocked by trees. Not a big deal as they can be cut through eventually, but on that cliff is a fountain of health. Additionally, the cliff overlooks the entire base and its natural expansions, giving possible defense options (towering) - or offense if you don't cut them down and your enemy gets a zepplin...

There is a goblin observatory in the middle guarded by four golems. Two of the golems have a chance of dropping a rune of the watcher.

Goblin shops at the bottom corners, guarded by yellow creep camps.

tavern (unguarded, of course) in the lower center.

Author's notes:
Not my most creative map, and thus it probably meets more peoples' expectations of a melee map.

Other work:
Pack

Contents

Empire (Map)

Reviews
Approved - steadfast brethen as you take power and control for an empire!Empire (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter...

M

[img]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/albumpictures/65/1a741fbdfbc324e088ae4b7bdf7e6a25_65137.gif?dl=1358781786[/img] ORCNET
e77c6657476df417bcaadf9b0c3e54dc_65139.gif
3fe07659409310e48ede67d4cbe8d699_65138.gif

Comment

Review

Version

Approved
thumbsup1.gif
- steadfast brethen as you take power and control for an empire!
Empire (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"This map is a good piece for a 1v1 matches, the problem I somehow spotted here is the fountain of life next to the main bases, although most of the maps that has fountains are usually guarded by creeps and whatsoever but since this seems different it would be a worthwhile tool for those players who keeps the offensives."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain looks very monotone and lacks enough detail to make it look like an 'Empire' it would look nice if you can cover it up with details by doodad placing and such."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Any else the game is set for a good match for 1v1 games, no much problems spotted in the game though."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
9/1580%C
March 24, 2013
b98eac199f32818d861dc8eadf7b5483_64851.gif

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif