• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] The North

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
-----------------------------
4pmq2mkz7sb5l65fg.jpg
------------------------

Recruitment:
Im looking for modelers, texture makers, skilled map creators, trigger makers and simple people with interesting ideas like me. I have already experience with map making and success among players on WC3 B-n. Feel free to write message or to download map concept. Thanks for checking this post.

Features

- The North is winter map for 8 players
- each player own simple building that will grow by upgrading into great Capital of the North
- by finishing researches like- "Build Iron Mine" the player will get Iron Mine in location near his town or "Build Stone Walls" - this will create walls around players city
- player can also get gold by income or item selling
- player can hunt, mine jewels, iron, wood - all this can be sold for gold in Market House
- equal to increasing population player gets simple citzens that can equip forged weapons and armor becoming swordsman, bowman or any elite unit equal to item combination in units inventory
- armor and weapons can be forged in Blacksmith
- every Capital has buildable special structure different from others (Sun Spire for Mages provides powerfull Sunstrike on target area, Wolf´s Rest for Lords of Icefell provides ability The Hour of Wolf that calls pack of northern wolfs on battlefield)

Story

This legend is about the land of endless snow and ice, where wolves howl to the night and lords battle for dominion of the North. After death of King Ailar, 8 races of humans, dwarves, elves and goblins are trying to destroy their opponents and become only rulers of the North. As the war continues, shadows of ancient times are silently returning...

Game Modes

-Conquest

- Each player fights for total dominance across the North. Main objective of this mode is to destroy all your enemy bases and proclaim yourself the only rightful King of the North. (free for all/team)

-Return of the Shadows

- All players have to face ancient shadows and fight for the living. Unite your forces and defend the North side by side. (everyone vs computer)

-Neverending Winter

- This mode is made for experienced players only. Each player must both destroy bases of his mortal enemies and face the wrath of the dead. (free for all/team + everyone vs computer)

Races:

Icefell Keep is excelent starting position for defensive players. It is located in north-west territory on heavy fortified hill. Icefell warriors are more specialized on melee combat and hardened in battle. Theyre special building is called Wolf´s Rest providing powerfull ability The Hour of the Wolf that calls pack of northern wolves on battlefield.

Westmarch Horselords are horseback warriors mounted on fastest horses far across all North. They are known by their deadly speed and strenght. Westmarch stables are located in south-west on long snowy plains.

Goblins are foul and evil creatures lurking inside caves and dark spaces. They have weak soldiers but also very cheap. Their caves are located in north-south corner of the map and though they seems useless, their masters are much stronger. Something hides before eyes of Northern Kingdoms, goblins are just servants of something bigger and stronger than any creature ever known. Dragons...

Riverian is peacefull kingdom in the center of the North. Its also very unpopular among other factions becuse of bandit, thieves and assassins guilds located inside. Though their fighting skills are low, courage burns inside their hearths whenever enemy is attacking their home. They can immediately turn tide of battle againt invaders and pay double to their loses.

Mages are ancient and mystic race of humans able to summon powers of all elements through Arcane energies. Many great Arcaniums were destroyed by human hatred against their gifted brothers. In present time, mages are exiles travelling across forgotten lands and searching for new home. North seemed to be perfect opportunity for them, they just came to wrong place at wrong time...

Silvan Elves are living in great woods located west. Their arrows will pierce through flesh of any hostile creature entering their domain. Fear and dark stories are binding elves like a mist, discouraging any wanderer to get even close to see them. As the war is coming, young elf prince see chance to start his revenge against human cruelty. And he will take his price...

The Eyrie is beacon seperating and guarding northern sea. Once royal warriors were trained here to serve as kings guards and teached by loyalty to crown. And loyalty was its downfall. By order of the king, great eagles of Eyrie were accusationed and executed without reason. With execution of Great Eagles, many men raised against kings injustice. Lord of Eyerie afterwards broke all oaths to king and called armies to his banners, but something unexpected happend and king died...

Dwarves are a beings always dwelling in mountains. They are known by their artasian skills at smithing, mining, crafting and their greed for gold is legendary. Although they hate contacts with other races, lack of gold is stronger and that makes from them great traders and merchants selling all kinds of goods but mainly dwarf-crafted armor and weapons. Their born-enemies are goblins and other evil creatures dwelling in dark places. Some of dwarves are goblin slayers specializated on defending Highpass against goblin raiders.

Hand of the Light is the ancient paladin order protecting us from ancient shadows. Old legends speaks about holy warriors able to defeat evil itself. In this time, paladins are rare and strange humans guarding last three Bastions called Aerra, Tar and Kalimath. (only available in Return of the Shadows/Neverending Winter mode)

note: faction names are not final and may change over time

01jp9bifbev3i91fg.jpg
jlx5dloha16vcrefg.jpg
u7d91wbxa9ur96ffg.jpg

Last edited:
Level 10
Well its not very similar to FOTN. Game starts with choosing your faction you want to fight for/ if random mode selected, player gains random faction. Hunting, mining and stuff are just sellable resources and items for crafting advanced armor and items. But its my fault that i didnt explained all features of game. il upgrade it soon as posible.

Last edited:
Level 4
Well, the northern areas gets more snow than down here in Oz. Also, love the map idea, I'm looking forward to it avidly! :D If you need anyone to help , I'll be glad to help, if I can!

Also want to let you know I cn help test this map if you want. :)

Last edited:
Level 4
I'm interested in helping do terrain and a bit of basic triggering, and might help on the races, if you're interested. Just PM me and I'll hop to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.