• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can Some One help me with AoS Triggers. and problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
OK heres the thing, i am in the process of making my own aos from scratch... i have completed all terrain and 90% unit stats... now im trying to make units spawn and then i have heros and items to make and balance...

... i ideally want to make it so that the spawns get tougher later in the game.... all my units which will spawn are variables... so the first spawn trigger looks like :

undead north spawn 1
Events
Time - Every 25.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 4 Undead_North[1] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of UD North Spawn 1 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of UD North move 1 <gen>)
Unit - Create 4 Undead_North[1] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of UD North Spawn 2 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of UD North move 1 <gen>)

and the 2nd is :

undead north spawn 1 beast
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 300.00 seconds
Time - Every 25.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 4 Undead_North[1] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of UD North Spawn 1 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
Wait 0.50 seconds
Unit - Create 1 Undead_North[2] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of UD North Spawn 1 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
Wait 0.50 seconds
Unit - Create 4 Undead_North[1] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of UD North Spawn 2 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees
Wait 0.50 seconds
Unit - Create 1 Undead_North[2] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of UD North Spawn 2 <gen>) facing 180.00 degrees

and so on until i have 4 units types spawning... but i carnt manage to make it so that the first one stops when the 2nd one starts... i tried adding a trigger that when XXX seconds pass "turn off X trigger , turn on Y trigger"... but i failed...

and also i was using just heros i added basic ones testing the level over lan .. and as soon as the units get into battle in the centre my brother (the person on other lan comp) gets disconnected and the comp takes over his hero with out even telling me...

o and finally (sorry but is only alpha so many bugs :p) ... i carnt seem to get the "forces" to lock as computer players... and in the forces tab it says they are but when i enter the game it has an open slot there...

thanks heaps in advance to any one who helps.

Level 9
1- Make a variable - Integer named Spawnunits, set default to 0

2-Make a trigger:

Code:
Events:
Elapsed game time is X seconds
Elapsed game time is Y seconds
Elapsed game time is Q seconds

Conditions:
NONE

Actions
Set Variable - Spawnunits = Spawnunits +1
Add as many elapsed game times as you want, fill in the amount of time at X Y Q.

3- make all the unit spawn triggers WITH the condition:

Integer comparison - if Spawnunits is equal to 1
Integer comparison - if Spawnunits is equal to 2
Integer comparison - if Spawnunits is equal to 3
Integer comparison - if Spawnunits is equal to 4

ETC

goodluck!

Level 2
Jim_Skarrj said:
OK heres the thing, i am in the process of making my own aos from scratch... i have completed all terrain and 90% unit stats... now im trying to make units spawn and then i have heros and items to make and balance...

Hey,I'm about to make a map of my own too, and was wondering, the unit stats you are talking about, how do you kow what to set them to? as to not make the game unfair, and where do you set them?

I sooo wish there was a somewhat simple guide to making AOS maps :D

-regards, sunseth

Level 2
Thanks heaps Angelusz i think that might just do it... i owe u one...

Sunseth=

As for setting the balance... im afraid that all comes down to ALOT of testing... but basically if its two computer armies.... preety much make the troops exactly the same stats.. and just give them different models and effects.... it makes it easiers.... of course later you can add your own cool stuff to each army... but to start i think it is easiest...

they way iam doing it..(prolly the way you are too but just incase...) it is alot easier to make all the units spawns first then make heros... because then you actually have something to test your skills on :p...

And as for a basic damage... just think rough amounts you can always change them later....

thanks guys :p

Status
Not open for further replies.