• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

some simple triggering help (im dum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
can i please have some help with my final fantasy hero defence?

ok well woth my triggers to make the enemy spawn then move it doesnt work they just sit were they are here is my trigger

Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 120.00 seconds
Actions
Unit - Create 35 wave one for Neutral Hostile at (Center of bottom spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 35 wave one for Neutral Hostile at (Center of right spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Create 35 wave one for Neutral Hostile at (Center of letf spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of middle gather point <gen>)

i dont see whats wrong with that

and the trigger for clouds swoop kind of abilty heres the triggers

Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to clouds swoop
Actions
Wait 0.35 seconds
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Target point of issued order), facing Default building facing degrees

is what happens is when i use it cloud doesnt move

the trigs are so simple they should work

also thnxs to sunn_D for his cool FF load screen (though i didnt not request from him thats what inspired me) wierd eh?

umm also could someone please tell me the trigger that when a hero dies after 15 seconds they revive

Level 22
Try this:

Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 120.00 seconds
Actions
Unit - Create 35 wave one for Neutral Hostile at (Center of bottom spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit Group - Order last created unit group to move to(Center of middle gather point <gen>)
Unit - Create 35 wave one for Neutral Hostile at (Center of right spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit Group - Order last created unit group to move to(Center of middle gather point <gen>)
Unit - Create 35 wave one for Neutral Hostile at (Center of letf spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

and try this:

Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to clouds swoop
Actions
Wait 0.35 seconds
Unit - Move (CASTING unit) instantly to (Target point of ABILITY BEING CAST), facing Default building facing degrees

Level 22
I'd strongly reccomend not using that trigger. With that trigger action under so many events, if multiple players suffered casualties at the same time (within 30 seconds) there is a strong chance not all of them will revive (triggers do sort of "overwrite" eachother in that regards). Because when a triggering (dying units) is succeeded by another triggering/dying unit, the succeeded one is replaced and ignored. I suggest breaking that into seperate triggers, so each players has their own revive actrion, not all sharing the same.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.